Articles/Essays From Pagans
Top 13 Viewed...
February 2nd. 2014
January 26th. 2014
- The Magick of Jewelry and Metals - Raven Digitalis
Jewelry has long been used in magick. Its most common historical use is protective, to guard against demons, malicious creatures, and adversaries’ attacks. With the rise of metallurgy, specifically designed pieces came to be used ... Posted: February 2nd. 2014 Views: 4,003 - [ Full Article ]
- The Golden Bough: a Study Guide (Part 2) - Sorbus
In the first part, I reviewed this important work and made the case why every modern Pagan should read it (or at least parts of it.) So now I’m going to make a few suggestions about using it in a course of personal study. There ha ... Posted: February 2nd. 2014 Views: 1,830 - [ Full Article ]
- Building a Magick Mirror - Grey Ghost
“Mirror, mirror on the wall…” was the phrase we grew up with in the time of Walt Disney. The line brought forth visions of animated magic and good vs. evil. And maybe we were just a little simplistic by today’s worldview, but we s ... Posted: February 2nd. 2014 Views: 1,668 - [ Full Article ]
January 19th. 2014
- The Golden Bough as a Seminal Work in the Neo Pagan Movement (Part 1) - Sorbus
If you are a Pagan, you are probably aware of this book. Chances are you may have seen it referenced by other Pagan or Wiccan authors, usually mentioning how it is an influential work, but in the second part of that same statement ... Posted: January 26th. 2014 Views: 2,069 - [ Full Article ]
- Love of Self: The Hardest Thing To Do - Alfred Willowhawk, DMsc, RMT, CTM, Shaman
What IS Love?Throughout human history, this has been one of the most talked about definitions, from poets, philosophers, clergy, psychologists, coaches, and just plain folk. How can a word that is utilized so often in huma ... Posted: January 26th. 2014 Views: 1,964 - [ Full Article ]
- 13 Keys: The Mercy of Chesed - Robin Fennelly [Witchvox Sponsor]
The focus of these articles is not the Paths of the Tree, but some explanation of their energetic state and connective function from sphere to sphere is necessary. The 22 Paths that connect the Sephiroth act as conduits/ filters a ... Posted: January 26th. 2014 Views: 1,612 - [ Full Article ]
- Lightworking In The Screen Age: Staying Connected - Runes By Melody [Witchvox Sponsor]
Every year I do a prediction series for the coming year called “Possibilities ” where I channel, via the runes, a message for mankind for the year to come. This year was no different and the message was powerful. A unique message ... Posted: January 26th. 2014 Views: 1,464 - [ Full Article ]
January 12th. 2014
- Open Letter to the Goddess - Maggi Setti [Witchvox Sponsor]
Dear Goddess, I come to you as a reflection of the moon and a child of stardust, a tree hugging, dirt worshipping, Pagan. Hear the Pagan drums; see our fires from your starry, moonlight heaven. Hear our acts of love and pl ... Posted: January 19th. 2014 Views: 3,849 - [ Full Article ]
- A Southern Girl's Guide to Hospitality - Caer Jones
A lot of the information out there about interacting with the Powers and establishing a devotional practice is damn intimidating for a beginner. Most of us in the West don’t have a devotional tradition to draw on, and when we try ... Posted: January 19th. 2014 Views: 2,426 - [ Full Article ]
- Social Conventions and the Pagan World - tigsfc
From the time you strung together your first sentence, your parents and caretakers began teaching you the social conventions of human life. Manners inclusive of phrases such as “please” and “thank you” were added to your vocabular ... Posted: January 19th. 2014 Views: 2,148 - [ Full Article ]
- Reclaiming Independence - Nicky Woodsprite LeBlanc
In my experience walking the Pagan path, I have benefited from years spent as a solitary as well as years spent as a member of a group. As a solitary, I explored various paths and learned much that helped me evolve spiritually fro ... Posted: January 19th. 2014 Views: 1,811 - [ Full Article ]
January 5th. 2014
December 29th. 2013
- Religion vs Practice: Defining Witchcraft in a Modern Age - Witchylisa
Trying to define Witchcraft, Wicca and Paganism is a lot like trying to identify a grain of sand on a beach. You can examine one, but not until you really look at it under a microscope, can you really figure out what it is. With t ... Posted: January 5th. 2014 Views: 2,780 - [ Full Article ]
- Traditional Apprenticeships: Training in the Modern Pagan Abbey - Treasach [Witchvox Sponsor]
My recent activities (1) have netted me many inquiries from those who wish to study in our pagan Abbeys (2) , specifically the healing and other technology, often associated with women, primarily from the European Aboriginal tradi ... Posted: January 5th. 2014 Views: 2,396 - [ Full Article ]
- Lunar Insight Moon Musings, Planetary Preponderances: Wise and Wild - Mary Anna Abuzahra [Witchvox Sponsor]
WYSIWYG. That’s the name of the text module that I installed on my Drupal site. It stands for: “What You See Is What You Get”. Another version: the great song “What You See Is What You Get” by the Dramatics…here is the link: ... Posted: January 5th. 2014 Views: 1,780 - [ Full Article ]
- 2014's Magickal Magnificent Manifestations! - Rev. WD Allan
Sometimes we tend to lose our perspective of the fact that no matter where we started from or where and/or to which paths we find ourselves stumbling along on our way that we eventually find that in some miraculous ways we have re ... Posted: January 5th. 2014 Views: 1,700 - [ Full Article ]
December 22nd. 2013
- My Top Ten Favorite Cauldrons (Part 3) - The Redneck Pagan
4. Kitchen Aid: Ahhh, the modern day wonder of the Kitchen Aid Mixer.... The marvel of the device, that mixes, makes pasta and a billion other things I have yet to figure out. The mixer is one of the newer additions to my c ... Posted: December 29th. 2013 Views: 2,206 - [ Full Article ]
- 13 Keys: The Might of Geburah - Robin Fennelly [Witchvox Sponsor]
The focus of these articles is not the Paths of the Tree, but some explanation of their energetic state and connective function from sphere to sphere is necessary. The 22 Paths that connect the Sephiroth act as conduits/ filters a ... Posted: December 29th. 2013 Views: 2,093 - [ Full Article ]
- Beyond The Season of Greed - Grey Ghost
Once again we have survived another “Season of Greed. Well, almost. Many of us have yet to pay the piper or credit card bills with our blood and sweat. Let me see, how that X-mass song goes … “On the twelfth day of “greedy” my tru ... Posted: December 29th. 2013 Views: 1,668 - [ Full Article ]
December 15th. 2013
- My Top Ten Favorite Cauldrons (Part 2) - The Redneck Pagan
7. Minis: When I first started on the pagan path I went a little nuts. You see, in one of the first books I reead there was a list of the basic Witch’s tools, and a list of optional tools. Now I have to be honest; I was a l ... Posted: December 22nd. 2013 Views: 1,988 - [ Full Article ]
- The Hex Murder of 1928 - Sorbus
Americans seem to love a scandal. The more sensational the details, the more attention the thing gets. In November of 1928, there was a murder that brought the nation’s attention on a seemingly witchcraft related event. Focusing t ... Posted: December 15th. 2013 Views: 3,741 - [ Full Article ]
- My Top Ten Favorite Cauldrons (Part 1) - The Redneck Pagan
I think everyone has a favorite magical tool. I have a friend who can never pass up an interesting athame; another friend of mine collects candleholders and incense burners. I have read of broom and wand collectors, chalice lovers ... Posted: December 15th. 2013 Views: 2,257 - [ Full Article ]
- Lady of the Forest Mist (A Story of the Woods) - shadowdance
It was years ago as I recall. So please sit here beside me at the fire and let us sip our tea as I recollect my thoughts:I was a youngster at the time. Nine? Ten? Guess it doesn't matter. Just that it happened. My girlfrie ... Posted: December 15th. 2013 Views: 2,121 - [ Full Article ]
- Lunar Insight Moon Musings: Hunting, Fires and Parting Shots - Mary Anna Abuzahra [Witchvox Sponsor]
December 2, 2013 through January 1, 2014New moon: 10Sagittarius59Hunt. Build fires. That’s what we do.We are hunters. We hunt because we are hungry.We build fires because we know the cold.Our hun ... Posted: December 15th. 2013 Views: 1,711 - [ Full Article ]
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2015 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.