Articles/Essays From Pagans
Top 13 Viewed...
January 5th. 2014
December 29th. 2013
- Religion vs Practice: Defining Witchcraft in a Modern Age - Witchylisa
Trying to define Witchcraft, Wicca and Paganism is a lot like trying to identify a grain of sand on a beach. You can examine one, but not until you really look at it under a microscope, can you really figure out what it is. With t ... Posted: January 5th. 2014 Views: 2,389 - [ Full Article ]
- Traditional Apprenticeships: Training in the Modern Pagan Abbey - Treasach [Witchvox Sponsor]
My recent activities (1) have netted me many inquiries from those who wish to study in our pagan Abbeys (2) , specifically the healing and other technology, often associated with women, primarily from the European Aboriginal tradi ... Posted: January 5th. 2014 Views: 2,248 - [ Full Article ]
- Lunar Insight Moon Musings, Planetary Preponderances: Wise and Wild - Mary Anna Abuzahra [Witchvox Sponsor]
WYSIWYG. That’s the name of the text module that I installed on my Drupal site. It stands for: “What You See Is What You Get”. Another version: the great song “What You See Is What You Get” by the Dramatics…here is the link: ... Posted: January 5th. 2014 Views: 1,639 - [ Full Article ]
- 2014's Magickal Magnificent Manifestations! - WD Allan "Psychic to the Souls"
Sometimes we tend to lose our perspective of the fact that no matter where we started from or where and/or to which paths we find ourselves stumbling along on our way that we eventually find that in some miraculous ways we have re ... Posted: January 5th. 2014 Views: 1,598 - [ Full Article ]
December 22nd. 2013
- My Top Ten Favorite Cauldrons (Part 3) - The Redneck Pagan
4. Kitchen Aid: Ahhh, the modern day wonder of the Kitchen Aid Mixer.... The marvel of the device, that mixes, makes pasta and a billion other things I have yet to figure out. The mixer is one of the newer additions to my c ... Posted: December 29th. 2013 Views: 2,071 - [ Full Article ]
- 13 Keys: The Might of Geburah - Robin Fennelly [Witchvox Sponsor]
The focus of these articles is not the Paths of the Tree, but some explanation of their energetic state and connective function from sphere to sphere is necessary. The 22 Paths that connect the Sephiroth act as conduits/ filters a ... Posted: December 29th. 2013 Views: 1,915 - [ Full Article ]
- Beyond The Season of Greed - Grey Ghost
Once again we have survived another “Season of Greed. Well, almost. Many of us have yet to pay the piper or credit card bills with our blood and sweat. Let me see, how that X-mass song goes … “On the twelfth day of “greedy” my tru ... Posted: December 29th. 2013 Views: 1,592 - [ Full Article ]
December 15th. 2013
- My Top Ten Favorite Cauldrons (Part 2) - The Redneck Pagan
7. Minis: When I first started on the pagan path I went a little nuts. You see, in one of the first books I reead there was a list of the basic Witch’s tools, and a list of optional tools. Now I have to be honest; I was a l ... Posted: December 22nd. 2013 Views: 1,903 - [ Full Article ]
December 8th. 2013
- The Hex Murder of 1928 - Sorbus
Americans seem to love a scandal. The more sensational the details, the more attention the thing gets. In November of 1928, there was a murder that brought the nation’s attention on a seemingly witchcraft related event. Focusing t ... Posted: December 15th. 2013 Views: 2,656 - [ Full Article ]
- My Top Ten Favorite Cauldrons (Part 1) - The Redneck Pagan
I think everyone has a favorite magical tool. I have a friend who can never pass up an interesting athame; another friend of mine collects candleholders and incense burners. I have read of broom and wand collectors, chalice lovers ... Posted: December 15th. 2013 Views: 2,155 - [ Full Article ]
- Lady of the Forest Mist (A Story of the Woods) - shadowdance
It was years ago as I recall. So please sit here beside me at the fire and let us sip our tea as I recollect my thoughts:I was a youngster at the time. Nine? Ten? Guess it doesn't matter. Just that it happened. My girlfrie ... Posted: December 15th. 2013 Views: 2,044 - [ Full Article ]
- Lunar Insight Moon Musings: Hunting, Fires and Parting Shots - Mary Anna Abuzahra [Witchvox Sponsor]
December 2, 2013 through January 1, 2014New moon: 10Sagittarius59Hunt. Build fires. That’s what we do.We are hunters. We hunt because we are hungry.We build fires because we know the cold.Our hun ... Posted: December 15th. 2013 Views: 1,602 - [ Full Article ]
December 1st. 2013
- Help and Thoughts for Pagans New to the Journey - Hallowed Order of Witches Liberated [Witchvox Sponsor]
The New Year aroused some thoughts in me that I wanted to share; hopefully some will be of use to new Witches or those considering some aspect of Witchcraft or a Pagan path. I would like to minimize the explanation of my own exper ... Posted: December 8th. 2013 Views: 2,460 - [ Full Article ]
- Using Your Wand in Reverse - Witchylisa
Typically speaking, the Wand, like the Athame, is used to direct energy. Unlike the energy Athame, however, Wand energy is seen as gentler, and is often used to invite or encourage rather than to command or compel. For example, an ... Posted: December 8th. 2013 Views: 2,222 - [ Full Article ]
- Leaving a Group - Part 2: Leaving, Healing and Moving Forward - The Redneck Pagan
Welcome to Part II. Last time we were talking about the reasons why one would leave a Pagan group. As you may recall, there are many reasons, some of which are very serious threats to mental and physical well being, such as incide ... Posted: December 8th. 2013 Views: 1,705 - [ Full Article ]
- The Cry of the Soul - Lady Wolfwind
So tell me. Tell me, how did it feel the first time you heard another's soul cry? Don't try to act like you don't know what I'm talking about. I saw it written so well all over your face. You know. That primitive cry that comes fr ... Posted: December 8th. 2013 Views: 1,691 - [ Full Article ]
November 24th. 2013
- The Tarot as a Tool for Raising Consciousness - Radko Vacek
A Tarot deck is one of the most common tools of the Wiccan. Yet, I think that often it is incompletely understood in two ways: it can be used as a tool for magic as well as divination, and secondly, many try to divorce it from the ... Posted: December 1st. 2013 Views: 2,460 - [ Full Article ]
- A Pragmatic Look at Neo Paganism - Crick [Witchvox Sponsor]
When I started on the path of witchcraft in 1960, I was totally unaware of the fledgling Neo Pagan community that was being proffered by Gerald Gardner and his group who were known as Wiccans. My own humble beginnings began on a f ... Posted: December 1st. 2013 Views: 2,297 - [ Full Article ]
- Leaving a Pagan Group – Part 1: To Leave or to Stay? - The Redneck Pagan
Finding a Pagan Group/Temple/Grove/Coven/Circle seems to be the Holy Grail for Pagans. In almost every book I read there is at the very least a section, if not a whole chapter, on how to find or form a group. There are websites fu ... Posted: December 1st. 2013 Views: 1,975 - [ Full Article ]
November 17th. 2013
- The Groovy Aquarian Christ: Jesus From a Pagan Perspective - Althalos90
About two thousand years ago, a great avatar walked this earth. He was perhaps the most influential figure in the history of humankind. Sent by Source itself, he spread a message of love and charity that coincided with the Kabalis ... Posted: November 24th. 2013 Views: 1,995 - [ Full Article ]
- The Pagan and the Papacy - The Redneck Pagan
Many years ago I was introduced to Catholicism, partially from my Catholic Grandmother, and partially from spending a few years in the only French Immersion school in our city that was a Catholic school. I am afraid I have no horr ... Posted: November 24th. 2013 Views: 1,936 - [ Full Article ]
November 10th. 2013
- For Love of the God - Diane Awenydd-Evans
I am a witch. That is to say, I am Wiccan. I worship and love the Goddess in all her forms. The Light, the Dark, the Young, the Old, the Mother, the Earth, the Sun, the Moon, the Stars, the Rivers and Lakes and Oceans, the Indefin ... Posted: November 17th. 2013 Views: 3,124 - [ Full Article ]
- Which Witch? Philosophical and Psychological Roots of Wicca - Radko Vacek
Here is the background story for the jackpot question! English folklore is a treasury of tales. Two of these are so old that they probably helped Jeoffrey Chaucer as a little boy (c. 1350) to develop his imagination to write Th ... Posted: November 17th. 2013 Views: 3,121 - [ Full Article ]
- A Threat to Religious Liberties? - Julie Henshaw
"We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." - The Declaration ... Posted: November 17th. 2013 Views: 2,281 - [ Full Article ]
- Where did Aleister Crowley’s Influence on Wicca Go? - Adley Tenenbaum
Gerald Gardner was the founder of what today is referred to as Wicca. Specifically I speak of ‘Gardnerian Wicca’, an oath-bound and initiation required tradition that traces its lineage to Gerald Gardner and the New Forrest Coven. ... Posted: November 10th. 2013 Views: 4,600 - [ Full Article ]
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2014 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.