Articles/Essays From Pagans
Top 13 Viewed...
January 26th. 2014
January 19th. 2014
- The Golden Bough as a Seminal Work in the Neo Pagan Movement (Part 1) - Sorbus
If you are a Pagan, you are probably aware of this book. Chances are you may have seen it referenced by other Pagan or Wiccan authors, usually mentioning how it is an influential work, but in the second part of that same statement ... Posted: January 26th. 2014 Views: 3,115 - [ Full Article ]
- Love of Self: The Hardest Thing To Do - Alfred Willowhawk, DMsc, MS, Shamanic Practitioner [Witchvox Sponsor]
What IS Love?Throughout human history, this has been one of the most talked about definitions, from poets, philosophers, clergy, psychologists, coaches, and just plain folk. How can a word that is utilized so often in huma ... Posted: January 26th. 2014 Views: 2,869 - [ Full Article ]
- 13 Keys: The Mercy of Chesed - Robin Fennelly [Witchvox Sponsor]
The focus of these articles is not the Paths of the Tree, but some explanation of their energetic state and connective function from sphere to sphere is necessary. The 22 Paths that connect the Sephiroth act as conduits/ filters a ... Posted: January 26th. 2014 Views: 2,762 - [ Full Article ]
January 5th. 2014
- Open Letter to the Goddess - Maggi Horseman
Dear Goddess, I come to you as a reflection of the moon and a child of stardust, a tree hugging, dirt worshipping, Pagan. Hear the Pagan drums; see our fires from your starry, moonlight heaven. Hear our acts of love and pl ... Posted: January 19th. 2014 Views: 4,972 - [ Full Article ]
- Reclaiming Independence - Nicky Woodsprite LeBlanc
In my experience walking the Pagan path, I have benefited from years spent as a solitary as well as years spent as a member of a group. As a solitary, I explored various paths and learned much that helped me evolve spiritually fro ... Posted: January 19th. 2014 Views: 2,629 - [ Full Article ]
December 29th. 2013
December 22nd. 2013
- 13 Keys: The Might of Geburah - Robin Fennelly [Witchvox Sponsor]
The focus of these articles is not the Paths of the Tree, but some explanation of their energetic state and connective function from sphere to sphere is necessary. The 22 Paths that connect the Sephiroth act as conduits/ filters a ... Posted: December 29th. 2013 Views: 3,497 - [ Full Article ]
- My Top Ten Favorite Cauldrons (Part 3) - The Redneck Pagan
4. Kitchen Aid: Ahhh, the modern day wonder of the Kitchen Aid Mixer.... The marvel of the device, that mixes, makes pasta and a billion other things I have yet to figure out. The mixer is one of the newer additions to my c ... Posted: December 29th. 2013 Views: 2,853 - [ Full Article ]
December 15th. 2013
- My Top Ten Favorite Cauldrons (Part 2) - The Redneck Pagan
7. Minis: When I first started on the pagan path I went a little nuts. You see, in one of the first books I reead there was a list of the basic Witch’s tools, and a list of optional tools. Now I have to be honest; I was a l ... Posted: December 22nd. 2013 Views: 2,632 - [ Full Article ]
December 8th. 2013
- The Hex Murder of 1928 - Sorbus
Americans seem to love a scandal. The more sensational the details, the more attention the thing gets. In November of 1928, there was a murder that brought the nation’s attention on a seemingly witchcraft related event. Focusing t ... Posted: December 15th. 2013 Views: 5,168 - [ Full Article ]
- My Top Ten Favorite Cauldrons (Part 1) - The Redneck Pagan
I think everyone has a favorite magical tool. I have a friend who can never pass up an interesting athame; another friend of mine collects candleholders and incense burners. I have read of broom and wand collectors, chalice lovers ... Posted: December 15th. 2013 Views: 2,863 - [ Full Article ]
- Lady of the Forest Mist (A Story of the Woods) - shadowdance
It was years ago as I recall. So please sit here beside me at the fire and let us sip our tea as I recollect my thoughts:I was a youngster at the time. Nine? Ten? Guess it doesn't matter. Just that it happened. My girlfrie ... Posted: December 15th. 2013 Views: 2,779 - [ Full Article ]
- Lunar Insight Moon Musings: Hunting, Fires and Parting Shots - Mary Anna
December 2, 2013 through January 1, 2014New moon: 10Sagittarius59Hunt. Build fires. That’s what we do.We are hunters. We hunt because we are hungry.We build fires because we know the cold.Our hun ... Posted: December 15th. 2013 Views: 2,467 - [ Full Article ]
December 1st. 2013
- Help and Thoughts for Pagans New to the Journey - The Living House of the Dead [Witchvox Sponsor]
The New Year aroused some thoughts in me that I wanted to share; hopefully some will be of use to new Witches or those considering some aspect of Witchcraft or a Pagan path. I would like to minimize the explanation of my own exper ... Posted: December 8th. 2013 Views: 3,871 - [ Full Article ]
- Leaving a Group - Part 2: Leaving, Healing and Moving Forward - The Redneck Pagan
Welcome to Part II. Last time we were talking about the reasons why one would leave a Pagan group. As you may recall, there are many reasons, some of which are very serious threats to mental and physical well being, such as incide ... Posted: December 8th. 2013 Views: 2,538 - [ Full Article ]
November 24th. 2013
- The Tarot as a Tool for Raising Consciousness - Radko Vacek
A Tarot deck is one of the most common tools of the Wiccan. Yet, I think that often it is incompletely understood in two ways: it can be used as a tool for magic as well as divination, and secondly, many try to divorce it from the ... Posted: December 1st. 2013 Views: 3,771 - [ Full Article ]
- A Pragmatic Look at Neo Paganism - Crick [Witchvox Sponsor]
When I started on the path of witchcraft in 1960, I was totally unaware of the fledgling Neo Pagan community that was being proffered by Gerald Gardner and his group who were known as Wiccans. My own humble beginnings began on a f ... Posted: December 1st. 2013 Views: 3,283 - [ Full Article ]
- Leaving a Pagan Group – Part 1: To Leave or to Stay? - The Redneck Pagan
Finding a Pagan Group/Temple/Grove/Coven/Circle seems to be the Holy Grail for Pagans. In almost every book I read there is at the very least a section, if not a whole chapter, on how to find or form a group. There are websites fu ... Posted: December 1st. 2013 Views: 2,848 - [ Full Article ]
November 17th. 2013
- The Pagan and the Papacy - The Redneck Pagan
Many years ago I was introduced to Catholicism, partially from my Catholic Grandmother, and partially from spending a few years in the only French Immersion school in our city that was a Catholic school. I am afraid I have no horr ... Posted: November 24th. 2013 Views: 2,615 - [ Full Article ]
November 3rd. 2013
- Which Witch? Philosophical and Psychological Roots of Wicca - Radko Vacek
Here is the background story for the jackpot question! English folklore is a treasury of tales. Two of these are so old that they probably helped Jeoffrey Chaucer as a little boy (c. 1350) to develop his imagination to write Th ... Posted: November 17th. 2013 Views: 4,987 - [ Full Article ]
- For Love of the God - Diane Awenydd-Evans
I am a witch. That is to say, I am Wiccan. I worship and love the Goddess in all her forms. The Light, the Dark, the Young, the Old, the Mother, the Earth, the Sun, the Moon, the Stars, the Rivers and Lakes and Oceans, the Indefin ... Posted: November 17th. 2013 Views: 4,983 - [ Full Article ]
October 27th. 2013
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2019 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections
(including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.)
are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc.
TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.