Pagan Books v2.2
in the Database>
Witchvox Chapter: Pagan Books
||Chapter Page Views: 8,212,077
A strategy game of power, honour, and democracy|
Iron Age - Council of the Clans
Author: Brendan Myers
Publisher: Self-published by author
Category: Games, strategy, politics, historical Level: All
"Iron Age" is a Pagan-themed political strategy game, in which players compete and co-operate with each other to build a community.
The better you manage your village, and the better you manage your relations with other players, the more honour you will gain. And the more honour you gain, the better your position will be at a special democratic assembly called the Landsmoot, which is where you can try to win the whole game.
* Build farms, workshops, Great Halls, temples, and more!
* Recuit specialists like warriors, priests, and poets!
* Trade with other players to enrich your village, or put other players in your debt!
* Raise an army to protect your village, or to loot and pillage your neighbours!
* Build voting blocks, coalitions, and alliances!
* If you can get elected Chieftain of the Landsmoot often enough, and remain Chieftain long enough, you win the game!
Players: Between 3 and 8
Ages: 15 and up
You will need:
* The core rulebook.
* Several six-sided dice, three or four at least.
* Player Resource Sheets: a sample is available as a free pdf download from the author's web site, or you can draw up your own.
* Note pads, pencils, and erasers, for every player.
* All the cleverness, wit, and savvy you can muster!
Author's Notes: "Iron Age" was originally developed by a professor of philosophy (that's me, your humble author) , to teach history and political science to his students. From the "soft power" of the bards and poets, to the "hard power" of the warrior path, nearly every facet of real world politics is reproduced in this game. "Iron Age" also helps demonstrate:
* how political supporters are won and lost
* how players with the most honour are not always the clear winners
* how to find the right "balance" between co-operation and competition
* the importance of public speaking, argumentation, and persuasion
* the importance of being alert to the movements of both allies and rivals
* how political power flows from numerous sources
* how to plan for the future, and how to grow a community sustainably
* how much of our lives are unpredictable, and why it's important to prepare for the unexpected.
And, of course, "Iron Age" is many hours of fun!
Where To Buy: Available as a Kindle eBook right now. A print-on-demand paperback edition, with illustrations, will be published in April of 2012.
Hot link to --> Pagan Shops in Your Town
Hot link to --> Pagan Shops on the Net
Disclaimer: The Witches' Voice inc does not verify the accuracy of the details stated in this listing, nor do we vouch for the value of the goods or services presented here... As with all contacts and financial dealings in cyberspace, we encourage you to use caution and wisdom in your dealings with strangers.
Political Statements: Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren's Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches' Voice, Inc. TWV is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization.
State/Country flags created by 3dflags.com and are used with permission
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2014 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren’s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches’ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.