VxPoem ID: 39886
Posted: March 11th. 2011 6:36:22 PM
How To Lead an Original Life
by Stewart Bitkoff
Age Group: Adult
In any form of learning, travelers require a structure. If you wish to live an original life and fulfill your own, individual destiny, follow these principles.
• Strive to lead a balanced life and avoid excess.
• Enter into the mainstream of your community. Strive to become an ‘ordinary’ citizen within the society you find yourself.
• Seek to help others.
• Say the prayer of submission each morning and evening. Prayer is intended as a joy not a burden.
• Follow the religion of your birth and fully embrace it. This is a starting point for more advanced spiritual study. If you are not able to follow the religion of your birth then say the prayer of submission or seek another Path.
• Abstain from mind altering drugs and stimulants. Rarely use alcohol.
• Follow your heart wherever it may lead you. You have a Life Plan and must learn to follow it. You do this by listening to your heart.
• Spiritual learning is part of life. It is intended as a center from which to come forward. Lead a complete life. Use all of your abilities.
• Avoid people who are obsessed. Be someone who is not “weird” and is normal. Try to be someone whom you would trust.
• Remember to trust yourself. You have everything you need inside of you; you have been given enough for the journey. Listen to your higher self -it knows your Life Plan.
• Make your way to the teacher.
• Remember, travelers are different and there are many paths. Find your own path; embrace and follow it.
An original life is a life that is lived in accord with the Higher Design, and your own individual Life Plan. Following your Life Plan, implies the traveler works to use their many abilities in the world and has reached a level of personal maturity.
A Life Plan is an inner ‘blueprint’ for the course of your life and includes those things you wish to accomplish; and identifies factors necessary for accomplishing goals. To enact your Life Plan you bring with you the skills, talents and temperament necessary to accomplish what you have come here to accomplish. Aspects of your Life Plan remain hidden until they emerge, and are enacted; this hidden dimension is the province of the Unseen Forces.
Your Life Plan does not require that you do something dramatic. It requires that you do something purposeful and become someone who is useful. The servant seeks to serve and be of use. Fulfill your potential by traveling to all the parts of yourself; remembering daily that you are the son or daughter of a King. Seek to make your life a song and prayer to the Highest; both in yourself and the universe.
Many make religion too complicated a thing.
Religion should be natural; a joy
And as refreshing as a clear, cool drink of water.
While shopping, have you ever considered how many brands and varieties of water are available? There is natural, cold spring, hot spring and countless sport drinks with carbonated waters.
Also at meals, have you ever noticed how rarely water is the beverage of choice.
In some restaurants you have to ask for water before they will even serve it. It is not uncommon for some children to go days without a plain, glass of water.
It is the same with mankind’s religion. For most, the spiritual water must be sweetened before they will drink it.
Author's Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
More Poems: Stewart Bitkoff has posted 274 additional poems- View them?
Author's Profile: To learn more about Stewart Bitkoff - Click HERE
Contact Me Via Email...
Email Invites Note: No, I have not opted to receive Pagan Invites! Please don't send me anonymous invites to groups, sales and events.
Disclaimer: The Witches' Voice inc does not verify the accuracy of the details stated in this listing, nor do we vouch for the value of the goods or services presented here... As with all contacts and financial dealings in cyberspace, we encourage you to use caution and wisdom in your dealings with strangers.
Political Statements: Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren's Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches' Voice, Inc. TWV is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization.
State/Country flags created by 3dflags.com and are used with permission
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2017 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.
Top 13 Poems|
New Past 7 Days