The opinions posted on the Pagan Perspective pages are those of individuals and are not neccessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
Posted: Sep. 8, 2002
||This Page Viewed: 9,260,518
Vox Q Stats|
Times Viewed: 32,767
Lurker/Post Ratio: 183 to 1
Question of the Week: 96 - 1/27/2003
If You Were Granted Three Wishes...
If You Were Granted Three Wishes...
What would you wish for?
| Reponses: There are 179 responses posted to this question.
|| Reverse Sort
| No Title ||Jan 30th. at 4:32:26 am UTC|
|Autumn (Nuneaton England) ||Age: 26 - Email |
Very difficult I think it would have to be
1.World leaders actualy spoke to each other and cooperated in the interests of the whole world rather than themselves.
2.If people in general were more open minded to things that they do not understand, I'm not saying that every one should agree but were understanding about things insted of being narrow minded, judgemental and persecuted those they did not understand
3.That I got one of the jobs i have applied for so that i can make something of myself and yes get more money.I know it is a material thing but we all need it to get by and i would like to have some so i can at least afford to get nice things for my children and take them on holiday (my eldist is nine and we have never been to see the sea, he has never built a sand castle etc and it gets me down)
Ok i know i went on a bit, sorry
| Three Wishes ||Jan 30th. at 7:19:47 am UTC|
|Starlight Bunnybutt (FL, USA) ||Age: 26 - Email |
I have many many many wishes that could go here. I can pick a few though:
1. An end to violence against women and children. Especially an end to Female Genital Mutilation, child abuse, forced prostitution, and rape.
2. A voluntary decrease in the world's population through a commitment to having fewer children. All of our problems are due in part to world overpopulation, 6 billion people now, 1 billion new people every 12 years. I am talking voluntary here, no forced sterilization or forced abortion programs allowed. We should be able to say "You should be ashamed of yourself" to families who birth more than 1 child. Social betterment programs work best with small populations. Read Aldous Huxley's "Island".
3. An end to the destructive downward spiral of the capitalistic rape of the world. A new society where the individual can focus on his own spiritual and emotional betterment rather than wasting his life producing useless items to fuel other's materialistic greed. A world without McDonalds, Nike, Gap, and Starbucks. A world without sweatshop labor, a world where children do not work in factories to make pennies a day.
There are many other wishes I would make, an establishment of matrifocal societies, a world where we do not teach our young men to suppress their emotions (a world where men do not have to kill each other to feel they are men) , an end forever to racial hatred. Maybe I should have wished for more wishes.
| Second Chances ||Jan 30th. at 10:53:18 am UTC|
|Mia (Michigan) ||Age: 31 - Email |
1. I would wish that all people (including myself) had the ability to use the untouched resources each one of us holds inside of our hearts and minds; Imagine the power we hold in the 90% of our brains we never even put to use!!! No more mental health issues, self healing, endless possibilities...
2. I'd wish for people to see people as they are on the inside, and not form opions based on color or status.
3. And last but most important to me: I would wish that my Grandfather could have lived long enough to meet my four children.
| Wishes.. ||Jan 30th. at 12:06:30 pm UTC|
|Katina Ashton (Arkansas) ||Age: 19 - Email |
I have a lot of things in mind as far as wishes go..
1. For everyone to be more openminded towards everyone else. Wether it be about race, sex or religion.
2. For more people to volunteer to help those in need of love and compassion.
3. To be able to look at myself one morning and say 'This is who I am, and I am happy that I am this way'.
Not really the greatest wishes ever seen, I'm sure. But they are what Comes to my mind when I think on it.
| My Three Wishes ||Jan 30th. at 12:22:49 pm UTC|
|Willow (Lancaster, England) ||Age: 14 - Email |
If i could have three wishes they would be these:
1.that i could know and fulfil my magickal potential;
2.that no one in the world would have any reason to worry or discriminate against each other;
3.that i could know and feel everyone and everything in the universe.
| If Wishes Were Horses ||Jan 30th. at 12:40:21 pm UTC|
|Jan M Dahlberg (st.Paul, MN) ||Age: 41 - Email |
ifi had three wishes first i would pinch myself to see if i was still awake then i would wish for the permanent well bieng of all three of my children health happiness and to realize thier dreams.next i would wish for a permanent state of peace of self for me y'know peace of mind , body and spirit. then for my final wish i would wish for a warm place to live in the winter for the rest of my life .
| 3 Wishes ||Jan 30th. at 1:16:14 pm UTC|
|Keith (West Chester, PA) ||Age: 29 - Email |
My 3 wishes-
1.A happy, healthy child (due in 9 days)
2.Equality amongst ALL creatures
| My Wishes ||Jan 30th. at 2:34:22 pm UTC|
|Amethyst Sunrise (upstate ny) ||Age: 38 - Email |
My first wish is a simple one...I want to win the New York State Lotto jackpot! there is so many good things i could do with this.
2) Happiness and Health for myself and my children
3) To have the general public stop looking at me as some wierdo because i am pyschic and healer that believes in the power of God and the Goddess. I am REAL gosh darn it! I am a divine manifestation of the God and Goddess...so are you! so stop calling me the nutcase you dont get it! phewwwwww that felt good lol love and light all!
| If I Were Granted Three Wishes... ||Jan 30th. at 2:39:04 pm UTC|
|nicci (las vegas, nv) ||Age: 28 - Email |
1. for my children to lead long and happy lives.
2. for there to be no need nor want for war
3. finally, for myself ( on a selfish whim) to be more faithful and strong in my wiccan practice.
| What To Wish For? ||Jan 30th. at 2:44:20 pm UTC|
|Tommy Rogers (Salina, Kansas) ||Age: 32 - Email |
If I was granted three wishes, for my first wish I would wish that I was never granted the wishes to begin with. If you want things to happen in life, make them happen. Wishes are a lazy mans way of getting around having to work toward a goal. And....remember the saying, "be careful what you wish for. You just might get it!" Sometimes....things just arent meant to be...wishes cannot change that.
| Three Wishes ||Jan 30th. at 3:40:24 pm UTC|
|Hippie2u2 (The Netherlands) ||Age: 26 - Email |
1 that there wouldn't be any polution anywhere.
2 that people would stop misusing other people (global, economical and personal)
3 is still open for a lot of thougt
| Wishes.... ||Jan 30th. at 3:58:56 pm UTC|
|wendella (kenosha, wi) ||Age: 38 - Email |
If I had three wishes they would be...
1. Spiritual Growth in the World instead of population, financial, and material posessions.
2. For Women to get their rightful inheritance of the earth (we had it first) but not exclude men from taking care of her and that which occupies her, we are equal.
3. More open mindedness in the world for we are all not the same.
Blessed be to all!!!
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2014 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.