The opinions posted on the Pagan Perspective pages are those of individuals and are not neccessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
Posted: Sep. 8, 2002
||This Page Viewed: 22,426,680
Vox Q Stats|
Times Viewed: 32,767
Lurker/Post Ratio: 585 to 1
Question of the Week: 57 - 9/3/2001
If You Were Stranded Alone On A Deserted Island...
If You Were Stranded Alone On A Deserted Island... - and- while all of your immediate needs for food, water, shelter, fire were being met- you faced the reality that you would not be rescued for several weeks, what ten (10) items would you like to have with you in order to pass the time or save your sanity?
| Reponses: There are 56 responses posted to this question.
|| Reverse Sort
| The Only Thing I Would Want Would Be A Toothbrush! (if Food... ||Sep 3rd. at 11:43:51 am EDT|
|Penrath (Austin, Texas US) ||Age: 32 |
The only thing I would want would be a toothbrush! (If food, fire, water and shelter were not an issue!) This(to me) would be an excellent time for reflection and getting closer with myself, with nature and with the God and Goddess. Revel in the beauty of the sunset, the beauty of the night sky being unhampered by the lights of surrounding cities, the smell of fresh morning breeze as the sun rose again.
| 1. A Large Stack Of Books, Which Would Not Include Robinson Crusoe... ||Sep 3rd. at 2:04:10 pm EDT|
|Ruby Moonstone (Camp Douglas , Wisconsin US) ||Age: 39 - Email |
1. A large stack of books, which would NOT include Robinson Crusoe
2. A music source
3. A big flashlight
4. Plenty of batteries
6. Some good hiking shoes to explore the Deserted Island Paradise
7. Writing materials
8. A laptop computer in good working order
9. A convenient box of pagan ritual tools in order to have a Deserted Island Paradise Full Moon ritual, which would be pretty awesome, you have to admit
10. An incredibly handsome and spiritually aware Polynesian Man Friday, who would magically appear on the beach one day and helpfully instruct me in all the various rituals of the lovely and pleasure-loving peoples of the surrounding islands.
Why go home? :-)
| Hey All! I"m Back From My Summer Job And Ready To... ||Sep 3rd. at 4:59:25 pm EDT|
|Whitefeather and Ash (soo ontario, Ontario CA) ||Age: 17 |
hey all! I"m back from my summer job and ready to join in the discussions! I'll have two lists, one for myself, and a friend.
My Buddist boyfriend Christopher :)
some source of music
a heavy blanket
Roger (her boyfriend)
ferret named Alan
phantom calipso water cleansing machine (???)
swiss army knife
bbq and propane
seasonings for caught food
laptop with lots of extra batteries
maxim mags and playgirls ;)
| I'd Bring My Boombox, So I Could Pick Up Radio And Listen... ||Sep 3rd. at 8:03:40 pm EDT|
|Asta (Kailua-Kona, Hawaii US) ||Age: 16 - Email |
I'd bring my boombox, so I could pick up radio and listen to music.
A journal big enough to write in, unruled so I could draw.
A set of crayons.
My personal library. (Maybe that doesn't count, so I'll count each book I would bring as one.)
-The Best of James Herriot
-Three wiccan books and my book of Shadows
My scrap bag with all my doll-making stuff.
| 1. My Husband - I Mean Really, What Better Way To Pass The... ||Sep 3rd. at 10:48:31 pm EDT|
|Marea (Niagara Falls, Ontario CA) ||Age: 30 - Email |
1. My husband - I mean really, what better way to pass the time?
2. My cats - especially my oldest one who suffers from arthritis and could
use some time in a big patch of sun
3. My beloved and battered copies of the Lord of the Rings and Watership Down
4. A toothbrush. Essential.
5. My needleworking frame and some good linen and flosses.
6. Good shoes.
7. AfterBite and antihistamine cream for insects and skinn irritations.
8. A hatchet.
9. Cards - a deck each of playing cards and tarot
10. A drum.
| 1) My Cat B/c We're The Only Ones That Can Take... ||Sep 4th. at 8:34:09 am EDT|
|Ciarrai (Somewhere in Somerset County, New Jersey US) ||Age: 34 - Email |
(1) My cat b/c we're the only ones that can take care of each other (and I presume that cat food would fall under the food category of the immediate needs provided to me).
(2) A good bar of soap that I could use for my hair & body.
(3) A good moisturizer w/ sunscreen that I could use on my face and body.
(7) Writing Paper
(9) Portable CD Player
(10) A good home burned box set of CDs of my choice to include the Stones, the Doors, Zep, Floyd, Mozart, and a montage of the silliest "one hit wonders" of the 80s.
| Journal Drawing Pad And Pencils String Soap A Picture Of My Children... ||Sep 4th. at 8:45:09 am EDT|
|Vestas (Newark, Ohio US) ||Age: 39 |
drawing pad and pencils
a picture of my children
A set of classic books I always mean't to read
My book of herbs of the world
| Here We Go: 1)sun-screening Lotion (i Have Very Pale Skin) 2... ||Sep 4th. at 10:20:42 am EDT|
|Artemis Moonshadow (Kfar Saba, Israel) ||Age: 16 - Email |
Here we go:
1)Sun-screening lotion (I have very pale skin)
2)A solar operated radio/cd player (music is my sanity)
3)My CD collection (see above)
4)A bag of books I've read and haven't read but meant to (knda obvious why you must have books on a dessert island)
5)Notebooks and pens (for my poetry and writing)
7)A phone with a solar operated batery (I have to let my mother know I'm not dead while I'm on the island)
8)My cat (he's the guardian of my domain)
9)Deantal floss/mint chewinggum
10)Bug reppelent (I attract all sots of nasty things who "vant to such my bloood"
That's my list practical, on the island I'd probably meditate on the beach to the sunset, blissfuly skyclad and just relax, listening to music reading a good book and telling my friends on the otherside of the world that they should find their own island. The stars as my companions and my cat as my away from home family, I think I'd do quite well.
| 1) Soap 2) Deodorant 3) Lotion 4) Perfume 5) Toothpaste And Brush... ||Sep 4th. at 11:31:52 am EDT|
|Adaryn (Abilene, Texas US) ||Age: 23 - Email |
5) toothpaste and brush
I'm not happy unless I smell like a garden everyday, lol.
6) photo album
10) electricity :)
| Wow, This Is Difficult! Thankfully It's Only Hypothetical. Well Here It Goes... ||Sep 4th. at 11:33:27 am EDT|
|Autumn (New York, New York US) ||Age: 34 - Email |
Wow, this is difficult! Thankfully it's only hypothetical.
Well here it goes:
1. Bug repellant! (who knows what kind of creepy critters may find me appetizing)
3. A collection of pagan chants
4. A knife to cut local herbs! Preferably my consecrated bolline, but any would do.
5. First Aid Kit (for those nasty possible snakebites and cuts, etc.)
6. The Illyad and the Odessey to pass the time and entertain myself.
7. A drum! (maybe I'd finally have the time and focus to get better)
8. A battery powered massager (no explaination needed there!)
9. A camera to photograph my, hopefully, beautiful and untouched surroundings
10.A picture of my live-in boyfriend to attach to the wall of my makeshift hut!
| I Would Take Sunscreen (i Am One Pale Witch), A Pillow, My... ||Sep 4th. at 1:56:26 pm EDT|
|Dahlia (Tampa, Florida US) ||Age: 21 - Email |
I would take sunscreen (I am one pale witch), a pillow, my pentacle, thats three... soap and a hair brush... thats 5
A really good fat book, and a journal. And a pencil, a good graphite one like you use for art, that way it will last, and I can draw to keep myself busy. 8
A good soft blanket. A case of diet coke. Oh and my runes... thats 11... I don't know... its a toss up between my runes, and the diet coke....
:o) I am assuming I couldn't answer, my cell phone to call for help.
| Merry Meet~ The Humorous Side Of Me Made Some "colorful" Suggestions, But... ||Sep 4th. at 2:21:54 pm EDT|
|Rhiannon (Carson City, Nevada US) ||Age: 29 - Email |
The humorous side of me made some "colorful" suggestions, but I will refrain from sharing~
Let's see, 1) a deck of cards, 2) A Journal 3) Pens 4) Pencils for drawing 5) A Picture of my kids and honey & Dog together 6) Batteries (Rechargable) 7) Boom Box 8) A Telescope 9) Sketching Pad 10) All my favorite CD's
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2019 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections
(including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.)
are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc.
TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.