The opinions posted on the Pagan Perspective pages are those of individuals and are not neccessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
Posted: Sep. 8, 2002
||This Page Viewed: 28,374,641
Vox Q Stats|
Times Viewed: 32,767
Lurker/Post Ratio: 585 to 1
Question of the Week: 57 - 9/3/2001
If You Were Stranded Alone On A Deserted Island...
If You Were Stranded Alone On A Deserted Island... - and- while all of your immediate needs for food, water, shelter, fire were being met- you faced the reality that you would not be rescued for several weeks, what ten (10) items would you like to have with you in order to pass the time or save your sanity?
| Reponses: There are 56 responses posted to this question.
|| Reverse Sort
| 1) My Glasses (i'm Blind As A Mole!) 2) My Leatherman 3... ||Sep 7th. at 9:28:22 pm EDT|
|Nine Habalou (Burbank, California US) ||Age: 23 - Email |
1) MY GLASSES (I'm blind as a mole!)
2) my Leatherman
3) a good pair of boots
4) socks to go with boots above
5) a deck of cards
6) The Complete Works Of William Shakespeare
7) a thick notebook
8) that miracle pen everyone keeps refrencing
9) a very complete herbal refrence book
ummm...ah.....that's all. I can't think of anything else I'd need. But to fill out my list I WOULD NOT BRING
10) my boyfriend: he'd be miserable without his cell phone
| 1.notebook To Write In 2.pen 3.box Of Crayons To... ||Sep 7th. at 11:47:59 pm EDT|
|Emily (St. Paul, Minnesota US) ||Age: 15 - Email |
1.notebook to write in
3.box of crayons to draw in notebook
4."Dandelion Wine" by Ray Bradbury
5."The Stand" by Stephen King(that'll keep me occupied for awhile)
6.star chart, so I could learn some constallations
8.batteries for the flashlight
9.my nice soft polar fleece blanket
10.my walking stick, i wouldn't want to have to find and make another one(although that might be a good activity)
I was thinking about a cd player, but it would be nice to have some peace, plus a cd player just doesn't fit with the deserted island image. Also, I wanted to include one of my friends, but I didn't want to characterize her as an "item".
| Five Of Those Items Would Have To Be Books. I Refuse To... ||Sep 8th. at 6:42:54 pm EDT|
|NightTiger (Liverpool, New York US) ||Age: 17 - Email |
Five of those items would have to be books. I refuse to live my life without books. The sixth would be a large notebook. The seventh a pen. I'd go nuts without being able to write down things. I hate it when I hvae this great poem pop up and then no where to write it down. The eight would be my penticle necklace. I tend to feel very insecure with out. And the tenth would be the blanket my grandmother made for me for Yule one year.
| A Good Knife--you Never Know When It Will Come In Handy... ||Sep 9th. at 1:51:15 am EDT|
|Sprite (St. Ignatius) ||Age: 26 - Email |
A good knife--you never know when it will come in handy, plus wood carving is a good way to pass the time.
"A Winter's Tale" by Mark Helprin--have to have a good book.
The tenth Wheel of Time book by Robert Jordan (I'll pretend it's been published already)--have to have a second book for when I finish the first.
A big notebook--we all need that, right?
And a pen.
A taiko drum
A bottle of very good tequila
A deck of cards
A good book of crossword puzzles and other word games
A picture of my family
I agree with most peopel. Sounds like a nice vacation to me.
| 1. "foucault's Pendulum" By Umberto Eco 2. Sunscreen (i Just Shaved Off... ||Sep 9th. at 4:27:03 am EDT|
|Clove (Salt Lake City, Utah US) ||Age: 22 - Email |
1. "Foucault's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco
2. Sunscreen (I just shaved off 36" of hair and my poor bald head is tender)
3. The hammock my brother brought me from Brazil
4. My woobie (the baby blanket my mom made while I was in utero)
5. The stray kitten my landlord won't let me keep.
6. A percolator (sp?) for my coffee
7. #6 necessitates that I bring plenty of coffee, in case it's not native to the island.
8. My journal
9. My calligraphy set
10. My work cell phone, Lucy. (A shortened version of Lucifer, as she was aptly named by my nearest & dearest.) No, I'm not neurotic. I want to sacrifice Lucy to Pele. Okay, maybe that makes me a litle neurotic - but in a fun way.
| Well, Being On A Deserted Island Would Be A Bit Lonely, So... ||Sep 9th. at 8:44:58 am EDT|
|Esmeralda (Perth, Western Australia AU) ||Age: 18 - Email |
Well, being on a deserted island would be a bit lonely, so the first thing I would bring with me would be my beloved, my other half, as I could not live without him! The other nine things I would bring are: my wand, my diary (which doubles as my magickal BOS) and a pen, my essential oils, my book collection, my necklace that my beloved gave me, cds and a cd player, my teddy (another item from the beloved's gift list), a sharp knife cause you never know when they would come in handy!! Okay okay so it isn't very imaginative, but hey, its the truth darling!
| Pencils, Paper, My 7 Dogs And 2 Cats....that About Covers It... ||Sep 9th. at 1:01:24 pm EDT|
|althea turtle dreamer (tishomingo, Mississippi US) ||Age: 45 - Email |
pencils, paper, my 7 dogs and 2 cats....that about covers it....!
| Wow What To Take With Me On A Desert Island..... 1) Chocolate... ||Sep 9th. at 1:37:17 pm EDT|
|Silver StarSinger (Glasgow, England UK) ||Age: 16 - Email |
Wow what to take with me on a desert island.....
1) Chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate
2) A typewriter (only cause i luv to write and think a computer defeats the purpose)
3) Old clothes and sewing stuff (so i can make loadsa mad outfits)
4) Books and more books, cant get enough and i read really fast.
5) New underwear
6) Cd player and my collection (everything from Enya to Feeder)
7) Toothbrush (cause i hate not having clean teeth)
8) Mints (cause am not allowed them at home)
9) A video camera and tapes
10) My teddy bear (better than a coconut to talk to)
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2020 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.