The opinions posted on the Pagan Perspective pages are those of individuals and are not neccessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
Posted: Sep. 8, 2002
||This Page Viewed: 7,013,098
Vox Q Stats|
Times Viewed: 32,767
Lurker/Post Ratio: 504 to 1
Question of the Week: 56 - 8/27/2001
What Would You Like to See at The Voice?
By most measurements, TWV is a very successful site. YET, it is always in a constant state of change. This week we ask "What if YOU Ran the Witches' Voice - What would you change? In fact, feel free to post ANY suggestions that you may have related to this web site, its look, feel, design, content or tone... We have literally hundreds of ideas but would love to hear yours. Why? Because TWV has been built on your suggestions since day one... It's time to ask again! Kindly, keep your suggestions constructive.
| Reponses: There are 65 responses posted to this question.
|| Reverse Sort
| Your Site Is Excellent! Don't Change Anything Now That After All This... ||Sep 2nd. at 8:09:55 am EDT|
|Vanessa (APO, ARMED FORCES EUROPE US) ||Age: 26 |
Your site is excellent! Don't change anything now that after all this time I know my way around ;-) There's just one thing: I don't like the black background. It's kinda hard to read. Also, what's up with all the cat pics? Why should all witches have a cat? Do you mind if I submit one of my dog?! Another suggestion: How about some more stuff for kids (people with kids)??
| Mm, I Would Just Like To Start Out Saying That I Love... ||Sep 2nd. at 9:07:03 am EDT|
|CharismaKitt'e (Dayton, Ohio US) ||Age: 14 - Email |
MM, I would just like to start out saying that I love TWV. And that I do recommend it to a lot of my Witch, Wiccan, and Pagan friends.
But what I would change or add would be...
1) Separate Sections... I would make just a Teen and just an Adult page, instead of Teens of the World and Teen Essays or Adults of the World and Adult essays. I think it would just be easier to have separate pages for the two. WWW.TeenWitchVox.com ? Hmmmm...
2) Chats and Boards... I would have a group of chat rooms, like maybe 3 chats, and a couple message boards. Like if you take my #1 idea, have a Teen message board of the Teen page.
I know that as a teen Wiccan, I've had a lot of questions and have sent a lot of e-mails to the staff of TWV. I also know, well at least hope, that I'm not the only person with these questions. So maybe someone could put up a question, and TWV staff member answer the question on the message board, so that others could read it. And people to add onto the question if their situation is kind of the same, but has more to it or something of the sort.
3) FAQ section... I think that you should have a FAQ section. Not just one for basics either, like a set of FAQ's for the different Traditions, kinds of magick.
4) Information... I don't know about everyone else, but I found myself going to other sites for information. I mainly just see TWV as a site of essays and Pagan news. I remember I was trying to find out about Tarot and I had to find a site that has/had information on Tarot. Maybe the answer to this one is to have a BOS, book of shadows, or something of the sort.
5) A site map... I personally don't get THAT lost on the site, but it would be helpful.
6) The colors... I sometimes find the white backgrounds with black writing a little bright. So maybe you could tone them down?
7) Artwork... I like the idea someone said about having a page to display people's artwork. That would be pretty cool to see.
8) Book Lists and Reviews... I also liked this idea someone said, about having a page that people could give book reviews. And maybe have a page that people could suggest books. Maybe having biographies on famous authors, like SilverRaven and Scott Cunningham.
9) Online shop... I've been to other sites that have their own shop online, where you can buy herbs, tools, candles, and others of the sort. This would be a good idea for those who don't have an magickal shops around them.
Well that's a lot I noticed, but they are just some suggests that I have. And someone of you may have noticed that I was seriously pushing a teen this and a teen that. That's just because most sites don't have much, if not any, teen things. As if there aren't that many teens that have interests or are Pagan in the world.
Well thanx for reading! MP!
| I Would Keep Wren's Rants. I Personally Really Like Them. Wren Is... ||Sep 2nd. at 10:05:23 am EDT|
|DolphinSmile (Allen, Texas US) ||Age: 20 |
I would keep Wren's Rants. I personally really like them. Wren is a great writer, and I am impressed by how she can think of something to write about every week! I mean, I like reading the editorial section of the newspaper, so this is kind of the same thing. If it really bothers people maybe move it off the main page, but please don't get rid of it.
The Cats section is kind of getting out of hand. Maybe you shouldn't keep all the pictures. Also, to be fair, how about a "Pets of Witchcraft" section instead? Personally, I'm mainly a cat person, but how about showing that not all witches just have cats. Show some dogs, parrots, horses, whatever. No need to break them up to, in case people have more than species in a picture.
I would like to have somewhere where people can voice their opinions more, besides this Weekly Question thing, and interact more with other readers of this site (like a message board maybe). I'm not sure that would work though. There might end up being way too many, or it may get ugly and have to be moderated, which would give you guys more work. If you could get it to work out it would be neat. I've been looking at some pagan newsgroups, but they all seem to either be dead, or full of trolls and flame wars.
Also, in regards to what some have said about the Traditions section only allowing established traditions. I think that makes sense, since if you let in anything anyone calls a tradition, you'd end up with millions of traditions! Keep the Traditions section the same as it is, but maybe put up a separate section on solitaries, where post things about what it's like to be a solitary.
But even if you don't change anything, this site is still great. I disagree with some of the opinions that you should have a witchcraft course or something else that teaches Wicca or whatever. There are already way too many sites like that out there! I much prefer the section on how to get started and go find the stuff yourself. There are already hundreds of books and even more websites about the how-to's of Wicca. We don't need to waste space here rehashing it. This site is good for people who already know the basics and are ready to move on.
| The Witches' Voice Is Great. You All Do A Much Better Job... ||Sep 2nd. at 6:38:50 pm EDT|
|Manzanita (Chula Vista, California US) ||Age: 14 |
The Witches' Voice is great. You all do a MUCH better job than I would ever be able to do. I have some sugestions, so...
1) Traditions--Keep the page for established traditions, but how about another for solitary-type trads? It's always interesting to hear from other solitaries.
2)An Artwork Page--Maybe like the essay page? A topic, and then we send in our personal artistic interpretations. Except I think this would be better WITHOUT the age split. It works well for essays, but artwork...
3)Message Boards--I think these work better than chatrooms. Discussions can be discussed by everybody for a longer period of time since there are no timezone worries. Maybe several-one for solitaries, one for teens, one for coveners, one for Pagan issues, one for artsy-crafts, etc. Perhaps you could bring someone in to moderate?
Really, the site is great. Don't add a shop. If someone needs an online shop that badly, there are plenty out there just waiting to be found. And Wren's Rants are good. The "Cats" section, though, needs serious revamping. Instead of keeping all the photos posted, you could change them monthly? Hmm.
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2013 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.