The opinions posted on the Pagan Perspective pages are those of individuals and are not neccessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
Posted: Sep. 8, 2002
||This Page Viewed: 19,144,284
Vox Q Stats|
Times Viewed: 32,767
Lurker/Post Ratio: 183 to 1
Question of the Week: 96 - 1/27/2003
If You Were Granted Three Wishes...
If You Were Granted Three Wishes...
What would you wish for?
| Reponses: There are 179 responses posted to this question.
|| Reverse Sort
| Be Careful What You Wish For... ||Jan 27th. at 7:21:49 am EST|
|jade (canada) ||Age: 16 - Email |
did you ever read the story "the monkey's paw"? if you didn't it was about this family who had the monkey's paw, and they were granted three wishes. now, the monkey's paw had a reputation of getting you what you wanted, but at a price. the family wished for some money, and they got it. no money came falling from the sky, or arrived in a basket at their doorway, in fact at first everything seemed normal. that afternoon a stranger came to their house. he told them that there son had injured himself at work and he died, his insurance was going to give them that amount of money that they had wished for.and the story went on...
when we have an oppurtunity to be granted three wishes we would be greedy. now we can say all the good things that we would do because we are not in that situation. if we were things would be different, we would be blinded by power.
what would i wish for? i wouldn't wish for anything. people get what they deserve be working for it, oe by other means. why do we do rituals and the like? to make our wishes come true, and so far it's been working. i don't need three wishes to make myself a better person or make a better world, it isn't right. other people would praise you like a god/dess, and why? because you did a great thing.
wishes are tricky business, i wouldn't wish for a thing.
| Selfish, But True! ||Jan 27th. at 9:11:11 am EST|
|Ciarrai (New Jersey) ||Age: 30 - Email |
(1) To find the love of my life & be able to spend the rest of this life w/ him.
(2) To find the power to get over my insecurities/jealousy issues so I can have normal relationships with people.
(3) That someone would please finally find a cure for diseases not limited to but including cancer, AIDS, etc.
| Depends... ||Jan 27th. at 9:28:18 am EST|
|amy wallen (southampton, england) ||Age: 22 - Email |
i have asked myself or been asked this question many times. i guess being a pagan and having to deal with that extra responsibility brings with it a habit of always looking for the catch. i know everything depends on everything else and you can't get something for nothing.
having said this, supposing no harm could ensue, these would be my wishes...
1) all to share in the abundance of the earth
("from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"
2) an end to oppression in all its forms
3) that we actively rebuild the earth's environment.
| Hmmm ||Jan 27th. at 9:35:40 am EST|
|Mathair Cat (TN) ||Age: 29 - Email |
(1) A better, peaceful, none diseased world for my five children to grow up in. (I know that is probably unrealistic and naive--but I hope)
(2) To live comfortably, instead of pay check to pay check.
(3) That the love of my life (my husband) would feel life without pain of his arthritis & RSD. So that he could be happy and healthy and not so tired and sore all the time.
I am sure there are TONS of things I could have listed for myself. But these are the most important to me right now.
"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
| My Three Wishes ||Jan 27th. at 9:37:58 am EST|
|jerry l ethridge (shelina mo) ||Age: 47 - Email |
1 to live forever. 2. to be healthy. 3. for all humanity to have this as well.
| Three Wishes ||Jan 27th. at 10:21:39 am EST|
|Adaryn (San Antonio, Texas) ||Age: 24 - Email |
1. I wish happiness and security for my daughter.
2. I wish happiness and security for my other daughter.
3. I wish happiness and security for my son.
Works out nicely :)
| I'll Probably Change My Mind Several Times After I Post, But ||Jan 27th. at 10:46:49 am EST|
|Ananke (Staten Island) ||Age: 35 - Email |
1. The the human race begins to learn from its mistakes, not repeat them
and continues to evolve.
2. Joy and abundance for all of my family and friends
3. More Wishes (there is usually a rule with the 3 wishes myth that you cannot wish
for more wishes, but that wasn't a rule here, so.....:-P)
But in my reality we all get more than 3 wishes in our lives. As a Wiccan, I believe in
the force of nature that we call magick. And anyone who believes in a practices magick is
making wishes each time.....wishes with bushels of emotion and intent. So really, the number
of these "wishes" we get in one human lifetime is infinite.
Yes, there is cause and effect and we should carefully consider the possible outcomes to the
possible manifestations of any wishes we make, but there are effects to every breath we take, word
we speak, step we take, embrace of another, and bite of food. If we over-worry about all of the
limitless possibilities for effects our wish manifestation could have, no one would ever wish or
create magick again and ........we would cease to exist because wishes spring from hope and hope
motivates us to continue on in our lives day to day.
Thanks for the fun question!
| Simple Wishes ||Jan 27th. at 12:04:24 pm EST|
|Sarah (Canada) ||Age: 22 - Email |
Here i display my three simple wishes.
1) I wish water were pure again, and that people would not waste it.
2) I wish trees could grow faster, to replace what we've destroyed.
3) I wish garbage could be changed, into something that could be good for the planet.
Nothing major, just my little wishes.
| Only Three? ||Jan 27th. at 1:08:08 pm EST|
|Ronda (California) ||Age: 26 - Email |
Wow, this is a humdinger.
1. I wish that people would use common sense and love more often in their daily lives.
2. I wish the government would value life and love over money and expediency.
3. I wish not to reverse the damage already done to the planet (because then we could not learn from the mistakes), but instead, have everyone stop now and realize what they've done to contribute to the damage and make a change for the better.
I am sure I could think of a million more... of course, I'm assuming that someone else has already wished away the need for money.
| If I Had Three Wish's? ||Jan 27th. at 3:37:39 pm EST|
|Josh (NorthEast Philly) ||Age: 22 - Email |
| Ummm... ||Jan 27th. at 4:01:52 pm EST|
|Freya SilverMoon (Maine) ||Age: 13 - Email |
I think I would have to wish for 100000 more wishes so that I could make everything good again. not that life is bad now, there are just lists and lists of things that you could fix.
| Bewitched........ ||Jan 27th. at 4:25:44 pm EST|
|diesel (washington) ||Age: 46 - Email |
isn't there anyone out there besides me that would just love to be able to twitch their nose and make things happen like samantha in that classic old show bewitched? maybe not P.C. but ohh so much fun.
you would have to watch out for that whole monkey's paw thing though.........
come on now.......admit it....it would be fun.......
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2018 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.