The opinions posted on the Pagan Perspective pages are those of individuals and are not neccessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
Posted: Sep. 8, 2002
||This Page Viewed: 7,025,970
Vox Q Stats|
Times Viewed: 32,767
Lurker/Post Ratio: 324 to 1
Question of the Week: 40 - 5/7/2001
What is Your Guilty Little Secret?
Fess Up! What are you hiding? Do you watch 'Survivor'? Do you even watch reruns of the ORIGINAL 'Survivor'? Still have your Barbie dolls-and still change their outfits once in a while? Collect stamps? Think David Cassidy of The Partridge Family is still the babe of the century? Tell everyone that you 'never really watch television', but you're really clocking in some impressive miles with the remote control every week? Hate Celtic music (gasp!) Have a crush on someone? Don't recycle your plastics? This is your chance to come clean and tell all.
(In the interest of fair disclosure: Fritz has the DNA of a sugar ant. He has to have his bowl of ice cream with a chocolate chip cookie chaser every night and he only eats a vegetable about three times a year-and then only if it can be dipped in melted butter. Wren liked Duran Duran before it was cool to like Duran Duran. Of course, it has NEVER been cool to like Duran Duran, so this is a really brave confession on her part. There goes another carefully crafted reputation down the sacred well....)
| Reponses: There are 101 responses posted to this question.
|| Reverse Sort
| Um...i Write X-rated Fanfic In The Star Wars Universe And The... ||May 11th. at 12:45:25 pm EDT|
|Fishgoat (Winnipeg, Manitoba CA) ||Age: 0 |
Um...I write X-rated fanfic in the Star Wars universe and The Sentinel universe. With some Monty Python thrown in. Eeep.
| My Guilty Little Secret... Hmmm... Let's See. My Guilty Little Secret Is... ||May 11th. at 1:14:43 pm EDT|
|Foxx Umber (Robins AFB, Georgia US) ||Age: 16 - Email |
My guilty little secret... Hmmm... Let's see.
My guilty little secret is that late at night, IM the one who drinks the whole bottle of mountain dew!!! I love it so much! It's sooooo delicious! I eat the last of everyone's food when they're not looking... My metabolism is so high, I can't help but keep eating and eating and eating! I'm like a freakin' hummingbird for crying out loud!!! I'm sure if I flapped my arms fast enough, I'd buzz and fly away! Maybe I have the DNA of a catterpillar, and one day, i'll eat so much, that I wrap myself up in a blanket and come out as a butterfly!!! (That'd be COOL!!!)
| Duran Duran Was Cool...you Just Had No Taste. Heck, I'm Still... ||May 11th. at 1:58:14 pm EDT|
|Cybele (Upper Saddle River, New Jersey US) ||Age: 31 - Email |
Duran Duran was cool...you just had no taste. Heck, I'm still a closet '80s nut (listening to Simple Minds on the 1984-1985 Modern Rock CD from Time-Life Books right now). `
| My Guilty Secret? I Love Cartoons, Especially The Really Crappy Ones, Like... ||May 11th. at 8:06:35 pm EDT|
|Emily W (Orono, Maine US) ||Age: 17 - Email |
My guilty secret? I LOVE cartoons, especially the really crappy ones, like Gargoyles, Pokemon and Digimon. But it gets worse. I absolutely adore Veggie Tales. For those who don't know, they're children's videos with computer-animated vegetables acting out stories. The "guilty secret" part? Most of the stories are biblical, and all of them are designed to teach Christian morals. I have no problem with this, of course, but it does raise a few eyebrows when I mention it to people who know me to be Pagan. But they're just so darned cute, and funny!
| My Guilty Secret Is That I'm A Pagan Who Hates Nature. I... ||May 11th. at 8:07:21 pm EDT|
|shepsut (columbus, Ohio US) ||Age: 30 |
my guilty secret is that i'm a pagan who hates nature. i mean, i like the IDEA of the great outdoors, just don't get me away from my cable tv and modem. and bugs, i hate bugs. it's why i never to big pagan gatherings. i hate camping.
| Okay, I Would Have To Say My Guilty Pleasure Is That I... ||May 11th. at 10:58:39 pm EDT|
|Verbena (Sacramento, California US) ||Age: 39 - Email |
Okay, I would have to say my guilty pleasure is that I watch the TV show Charmed and I really liked the movie Practical Magic. Yes I know these shows have almost nothing to do with the real Craft and although Hollywood has made some attempts to dispell some of the negative witch stereotypes these shows are far from coming close to accomplishing that. But let me explain why despite being a practicing 39 yr old witch I find a guilty pleasure in watching these shows. Basically I just love the way they look. Forget the story lines and inaccurate representations. I love the sets, like the Halliwel sisters' San Francisco Victorian home and the awesome all white Victorian from Practical Magic. I also like the house from the set of Sabrina (the aunts' that is). I don't know why Hollywood decided that witches should live in Victorians but yes I totally bought into that and I'm guilty of stealing ideas from these shows for decorating my home. But that's where the imitation ends. Hollywood still has a long way to go in portraying real witches accurately, but at least they stopped giving us green faces and hooked noses.
| I Slept With A College Instructor In Exchange For A Campus Job... ||May 12th. at 12:05:33 am EDT|
|L (Nowhere Special, Oklahoma US) ||Age: 26 |
I slept with a college instructor in exchange for a campus job and a scholorship. Did a threesome with him and his wife and got an editorship on the yearbook.
In the 7-10 days before my period I fall into a deep dark depression and have resorted to self mutilation for relief. Next month I go to the gyn. to see about getting meds for this.
I have a psychological need for thunder and lightning. When it doesn't storm I get restless and wild-eye'd.
I've cheated on my boyfriend, just once. I have a *very* hard time staying faithful to him. A friend observed that maybe if he was a bit more considerate to me I'd care for him more and not want to cheat on him.
I wish I had a friend I was close enough too to tell these things to.
| I Am A Huge Fan Of Dr. Phil Macgraw, Who Appears On... ||May 12th. at 9:11:00 am EDT|
|Filomena Sophia (Duluth, Minnesota US) ||Age: 30 |
i am a HUGE FAN of dr. phil macgraw, who appears on the oprah winfrey show. i catch it every tuesday when possible, just to watch him. i recently bought his book "relationship rescue, " and...SHOCK TO ME!...what he sez in there actually makes sense! the reason it is a guilty pleasure is because he has also recently appeared on the trinity broadcasting network...which is about as fundamentlist as you can get. but i like his no-nonsense approach. i like ANYONE'S no-nonsense approach. maybe coz i spend so much time inside my own head... :P
| My Dirty Little Secrets? Okay, It's Time To Fess Up So Here... ||May 12th. at 11:07:54 am EDT|
|Asmaria (Singapore, Singapore) ||Age: 21 |
My dirty little secrets? Okay, it's time to fess up so here goes....
1) Duran Duran's not so bad... compared to NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK. Yep, I loved those guys and had all their albums! When I was 10 I worshipped the young one, Joey! Sigh... I was young...
2) I figured out my friend's password to her mailbox, used it, and read her mail. (I'm slapping my face...)
3) I found my brother's porn collection once, 'borrowed' one video and watched it. Hey, I was curious! It was absolutely disgusting! I don't know how anyone can get turned on by those!
4) I'm in love with someone I haven't even met. Sad, sad, sad...
Well... that felt good! Thanks for the chance to get some weight off my houlders!
| Oh Eek, Well, Here Goes. Hi! My Name Is Heidi, And I... ||May 12th. at 12:46:59 pm EDT|
|heidi (Stump towne, Oregon US) ||Age: 35 |
Oh eek, well, here goes. Hi! My name is Heidi, and I try to be a good little industrial hippie pagan gal(this is a term coined by a pal for all us liberal, pagan, types who wear carharts, steel toed work boots and work in the trades, like to drive pick up trucks and live in cities).
Sure I eat organic, yes, I love tea in the afternoon, movies based on Jane austin novels, art museums and strolling through rose gardens, hey Iam a libran, we Venus ruled artists types love beauty and peace =BUT I do have another side.
Now I was a tomboy back in the 70's, a card carrying GI Joe owning, capgun toting, wooden(this was before plastic everything) sword swinging, bug catching, baby doll despising little wild girl. I played with the boys, ran amuck, and loved war games. I had them little green army men, I liked being loud, It was fun to be a alive and not care about my clothes getting dirty.
All was bliss.
Then puberty hit. I blossomed, my buds budded, and all that ferocious tomboy energy went into team sports, chasing boys and...
HEAVY METAL ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!
This is accompanied by Eddie Van Halens screaming guitar....imagine it if you will...
I joined the KISS Army, I listened to Ozzy, I had BIG hair, spiked dog collars, and a drum kit, yes, it's true I was a head banger back in '77. I owned every album Black Sabbath ever made. My bedroom was decorated in Early American teenage girl, meaning every square inch of wall space has some rock bands picture taped to it.
I am proud to have partied with the Badn Queensryche bad in the day...I was 17 I think...
anyways that was then this is now. Iam now 35, and this heathen woman has a few "secrets". Nothing really earth shattering, but they seem amusing to me.
First of all, (sorry honey!) I have a mad crush on Russel Crowe. OH MY GAWDESS!!!
What a man, I can't even begin to describe how much of a hunk he is, and why I want to nibble him ike fine chocolates, but by FREYA I DO!!!
Gladiator is the finest film ever made and I want to personally thank them for
putting Russell in it, so I could ogle him.
Stength and Honor! And he's an Aries, so how perfect.
And while Iam on the crush subject, there is this thing I have for Arnold, as in the Terminator.. (I will probably go directly to Hellas coldest hall for that crush :)
ok. So, that said, hee hee.. I am still a sword swinging tomboy.
I LOVE the WWF!!! I know, I know, it's sexist and stupid, and fake, but I love CHYNA!!!! I can't help it. I also like boxing, and martial arts in general, I even practice SCA sword play, and such, but the SMACK DOWN, well, it's pure theatre. Bread and circuses.....
I still listen to Heavy Meta, Grunge, loud screachy what ever they call now-a-days...music. I don't have the big hair and the cheesy clothes anymore, but I do have tattoos...and little t-shirts with skulls on them.
I love Metallica, Rob Zombie, Creed, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, all the old classics, and especially Zepplin. Ahh.....Zepplin.
OK well, now I feel better. It isn't easy being a rambunctious heathen gal.
But I forge ahead!
Have a great Beltane month!
Heidi the Smith
| I Watch The 700 Club On A Regular Basis, And Enjoy It... ||May 12th. at 3:02:29 pm EDT|
|Tamara Bennett (Indianapolis, Indiana US) ||Age: 30 - Email |
I watch the 700 Club on a regular basis, and enjoy it. It's actually very informative if you can get past the bigotry and begging for bux. Except for the times that Pat Robertson says something so stupid that I want to reach thru the tv and smack him. I also like to watch the Trinity Broadcasting Network to see that Tammy Faye wanna-be with the BIG white hair. The problem is that she's never on when someone is with me-- only when I'm alone, so I've never been able to show her to somebody to prove she exists. I can't even find a decent picture of her on their website; they're all too small to see the makeup and how big the hair really is. She really is there, and she really uses more makeup than Tammy Faye, I swear it! I overeat. I sometimes like to eat spaghetti sauce straight out of the jar. I also drink too much wine sometimes. I don't excercise and I LOVE sugar. I am the descendant of a Swiss Jew and a Cherokee princess, and often use this interesting tidbit to demand that I be addressed as Your Royal Highness and that I be brought chocolate dreidls in tribute. I drive 85 MPH on the freeway. I enjoy freaking people out. I can tell things about people just by looking at them... and I hate being right all the time. I loved Princess Diana and was crushed when she died. I call my cat Buttmunch(may he live forever!). And I love cheesy entertainment like Walker, Texas Ranger, Martial Law and any Elvis movie.
| Okay, Here Goes: 1. I Have A Painfully Huge Crush On The... ||May 12th. at 9:14:25 pm EDT|
|Guennivere (Orange County, California US) ||Age: 33 - Email |
Okay, here goes:
1. I have a painfully HUGE crush on the maintenance guy at my apartment complex. He's sweet and absolutely gorgeous with fluffy brown hair, a nice body, nice smile, and incredible blue eyes. He looks like a young, athletic Dennis Quaid. I'm always trying to catch a glimpse of him while he's working when I'm home on my days off. I'll even try to bump into him "accidentally" if I can. Bummer is, he's married, though he doesn't wear a ring. I would pay good money to see him with his shirt off. And the dirtiest part of this secret is -- I'm so ashamed of myself for this -- deep down, I hope his marriage fails and he becomes available. But until/unless that happens, I'm not going to touch him -- just psuedo-stalk him. ;)
2. I spend most weekend nights at home alone with my cats, watching TV or browsing the Internet for highly-romantic and highly-erotic amateur fiction since MY marriage failed last fall. And, oh yeah, my ex-husband had a sex change.
3. I've been a vegetarian for 15 years and I still have cravings for spicy beef jerky, fried popcorn shrimp and pepperoni pizza (not together, that WOULD be disgusting).
4. One word: Chocolate. Ok, two: alcoholic beverages. Alright that's three words total, but with enough of either thing, who cares?
5. I love Steve Burns from "Blues Clues", Michael Vartan in "Never Been Kissed", and Chris Isaak ("Wicked Game"), who's now got his own show on cable. If I could have all three at once.... Oooh, and Daniel Day-Lewis in "Last of the Mohicans." Okay, make that FOUR at once. Hey, I've got a healthy imagination, alright?!?!
6. I'm generally a pacificist-type person but I HAVE to show some solidarity with the road rage thing. I know I shouldn't get my dander up when I'm behind the wheel, but for Goddess's sake, some of these people should just not be allowed to have a driver's license(!) -- and apparently some of them don't.
7. I love playing games from the Doom, Duke Nukem, Heretic, Quake, and Might & Magic series. I haven't killed anyone yet, but those voices in the games keep saying to buy firearms and go to a strip mall... No, I'm just kidding. Actually I think the theory that video games cause that kind of violence is a big steaming pile of *B.S.* I find it's a great way to blow off stress without actually hurting anyone. But, that's just MHO.
8. I masturbate with a shower massage. Another great stress-reliever. Girls, if you haven't tried it, let me tell you.... Um, actually I'm feeling kind of dirty right now.
9. I love Star Trek -- all of them. Also, I love the X-Files and I don't care what anybody else says, if Mulder is not the father of Scully's baby and they don't end up together at the end, I'm sending the show's creators MASSIVE amounts of hate mail!
10. I have a twisted sense of humor for a chick, even though I'm really a nice girl at heart. :)
Well, that's all I can think of off the top of my head, although I'm sure I could dredge up more if pressed. ;) BB
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2013 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.