The opinions posted on the Pagan Perspective pages are those of individuals and are not neccessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
Posted: Sep. 8, 2002
||This Page Viewed: 18,644,620
Vox Q Stats|
Times Viewed: 32,767
Lurker/Post Ratio: 324 to 1
Question of the Week: 40 - 5/7/2001
What is Your Guilty Little Secret?
Fess Up! What are you hiding? Do you watch 'Survivor'? Do you even watch reruns of the ORIGINAL 'Survivor'? Still have your Barbie dolls-and still change their outfits once in a while? Collect stamps? Think David Cassidy of The Partridge Family is still the babe of the century? Tell everyone that you 'never really watch television', but you're really clocking in some impressive miles with the remote control every week? Hate Celtic music (gasp!) Have a crush on someone? Don't recycle your plastics? This is your chance to come clean and tell all.
(In the interest of fair disclosure: Fritz has the DNA of a sugar ant. He has to have his bowl of ice cream with a chocolate chip cookie chaser every night and he only eats a vegetable about three times a year-and then only if it can be dipped in melted butter. Wren liked Duran Duran before it was cool to like Duran Duran. Of course, it has NEVER been cool to like Duran Duran, so this is a really brave confession on her part. There goes another carefully crafted reputation down the sacred well....)
| Reponses: There are 101 responses posted to this question.
|| Reverse Sort
| I Am A Huge Fan Of Dr. Phil Macgraw, Who Appears On... ||May 12th. at 9:11:00 am EDT|
|Filomena Sophia (Duluth, Minnesota US) ||Age: 30 |
i am a HUGE FAN of dr. phil macgraw, who appears on the oprah winfrey show. i catch it every tuesday when possible, just to watch him. i recently bought his book "relationship rescue, " and...SHOCK TO ME!...what he sez in there actually makes sense! the reason it is a guilty pleasure is because he has also recently appeared on the trinity broadcasting network...which is about as fundamentlist as you can get. but i like his no-nonsense approach. i like ANYONE'S no-nonsense approach. maybe coz i spend so much time inside my own head... :P
| My Dirty Little Secrets? Okay, It's Time To Fess Up So Here... ||May 12th. at 11:07:54 am EDT|
|Asmaria (Singapore, Singapore) ||Age: 21 |
My dirty little secrets? Okay, it's time to fess up so here goes....
1) Duran Duran's not so bad... compared to NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK. Yep, I loved those guys and had all their albums! When I was 10 I worshipped the young one, Joey! Sigh... I was young...
2) I figured out my friend's password to her mailbox, used it, and read her mail. (I'm slapping my face...)
3) I found my brother's porn collection once, 'borrowed' one video and watched it. Hey, I was curious! It was absolutely disgusting! I don't know how anyone can get turned on by those!
4) I'm in love with someone I haven't even met. Sad, sad, sad...
Well... that felt good! Thanks for the chance to get some weight off my houlders!
| Oh Eek, Well, Here Goes. Hi! My Name Is Heidi, And I... ||May 12th. at 12:46:59 pm EDT|
|heidi (Stump towne, Oregon US) ||Age: 35 |
Oh eek, well, here goes. Hi! My name is Heidi, and I try to be a good little industrial hippie pagan gal(this is a term coined by a pal for all us liberal, pagan, types who wear carharts, steel toed work boots and work in the trades, like to drive pick up trucks and live in cities).
Sure I eat organic, yes, I love tea in the afternoon, movies based on Jane austin novels, art museums and strolling through rose gardens, hey Iam a libran, we Venus ruled artists types love beauty and peace =BUT I do have another side.
Now I was a tomboy back in the 70's, a card carrying GI Joe owning, capgun toting, wooden(this was before plastic everything) sword swinging, bug catching, baby doll despising little wild girl. I played with the boys, ran amuck, and loved war games. I had them little green army men, I liked being loud, It was fun to be a alive and not care about my clothes getting dirty.
All was bliss.
Then puberty hit. I blossomed, my buds budded, and all that ferocious tomboy energy went into team sports, chasing boys and...
HEAVY METAL ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!
This is accompanied by Eddie Van Halens screaming guitar....imagine it if you will...
I joined the KISS Army, I listened to Ozzy, I had BIG hair, spiked dog collars, and a drum kit, yes, it's true I was a head banger back in '77. I owned every album Black Sabbath ever made. My bedroom was decorated in Early American teenage girl, meaning every square inch of wall space has some rock bands picture taped to it.
I am proud to have partied with the Badn Queensryche bad in the day...I was 17 I think...
anyways that was then this is now. Iam now 35, and this heathen woman has a few "secrets". Nothing really earth shattering, but they seem amusing to me.
First of all, (sorry honey!) I have a mad crush on Russel Crowe. OH MY GAWDESS!!!
What a man, I can't even begin to describe how much of a hunk he is, and why I want to nibble him ike fine chocolates, but by FREYA I DO!!!
Gladiator is the finest film ever made and I want to personally thank them for
putting Russell in it, so I could ogle him.
Stength and Honor! And he's an Aries, so how perfect.
And while Iam on the crush subject, there is this thing I have for Arnold, as in the Terminator.. (I will probably go directly to Hellas coldest hall for that crush :)
ok. So, that said, hee hee.. I am still a sword swinging tomboy.
I LOVE the WWF!!! I know, I know, it's sexist and stupid, and fake, but I love CHYNA!!!! I can't help it. I also like boxing, and martial arts in general, I even practice SCA sword play, and such, but the SMACK DOWN, well, it's pure theatre. Bread and circuses.....
I still listen to Heavy Meta, Grunge, loud screachy what ever they call now-a-days...music. I don't have the big hair and the cheesy clothes anymore, but I do have tattoos...and little t-shirts with skulls on them.
I love Metallica, Rob Zombie, Creed, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, all the old classics, and especially Zepplin. Ahh.....Zepplin.
OK well, now I feel better. It isn't easy being a rambunctious heathen gal.
But I forge ahead!
Have a great Beltane month!
Heidi the Smith
| I Watch The 700 Club On A Regular Basis, And Enjoy It... ||May 12th. at 3:02:29 pm EDT|
|Tamara Bennett (Indianapolis, Indiana US) ||Age: 30 - Email |
I watch the 700 Club on a regular basis, and enjoy it. It's actually very informative if you can get past the bigotry and begging for bux. Except for the times that Pat Robertson says something so stupid that I want to reach thru the tv and smack him. I also like to watch the Trinity Broadcasting Network to see that Tammy Faye wanna-be with the BIG white hair. The problem is that she's never on when someone is with me-- only when I'm alone, so I've never been able to show her to somebody to prove she exists. I can't even find a decent picture of her on their website; they're all too small to see the makeup and how big the hair really is. She really is there, and she really uses more makeup than Tammy Faye, I swear it! I overeat. I sometimes like to eat spaghetti sauce straight out of the jar. I also drink too much wine sometimes. I don't excercise and I LOVE sugar. I am the descendant of a Swiss Jew and a Cherokee princess, and often use this interesting tidbit to demand that I be addressed as Your Royal Highness and that I be brought chocolate dreidls in tribute. I drive 85 MPH on the freeway. I enjoy freaking people out. I can tell things about people just by looking at them... and I hate being right all the time. I loved Princess Diana and was crushed when she died. I call my cat Buttmunch(may he live forever!). And I love cheesy entertainment like Walker, Texas Ranger, Martial Law and any Elvis movie.
| Okay, Here Goes: 1. I Have A Painfully Huge Crush On The... ||May 12th. at 9:14:25 pm EDT|
|Guennivere (Orange County, California US) ||Age: 33 - Email |
Okay, here goes:
1. I have a painfully HUGE crush on the maintenance guy at my apartment complex. He's sweet and absolutely gorgeous with fluffy brown hair, a nice body, nice smile, and incredible blue eyes. He looks like a young, athletic Dennis Quaid. I'm always trying to catch a glimpse of him while he's working when I'm home on my days off. I'll even try to bump into him "accidentally" if I can. Bummer is, he's married, though he doesn't wear a ring. I would pay good money to see him with his shirt off. And the dirtiest part of this secret is -- I'm so ashamed of myself for this -- deep down, I hope his marriage fails and he becomes available. But until/unless that happens, I'm not going to touch him -- just psuedo-stalk him. ;)
2. I spend most weekend nights at home alone with my cats, watching TV or browsing the Internet for highly-romantic and highly-erotic amateur fiction since MY marriage failed last fall. And, oh yeah, my ex-husband had a sex change.
3. I've been a vegetarian for 15 years and I still have cravings for spicy beef jerky, fried popcorn shrimp and pepperoni pizza (not together, that WOULD be disgusting).
4. One word: Chocolate. Ok, two: alcoholic beverages. Alright that's three words total, but with enough of either thing, who cares?
5. I love Steve Burns from "Blues Clues", Michael Vartan in "Never Been Kissed", and Chris Isaak ("Wicked Game"), who's now got his own show on cable. If I could have all three at once.... Oooh, and Daniel Day-Lewis in "Last of the Mohicans." Okay, make that FOUR at once. Hey, I've got a healthy imagination, alright?!?!
6. I'm generally a pacificist-type person but I HAVE to show some solidarity with the road rage thing. I know I shouldn't get my dander up when I'm behind the wheel, but for Goddess's sake, some of these people should just not be allowed to have a driver's license(!) -- and apparently some of them don't.
7. I love playing games from the Doom, Duke Nukem, Heretic, Quake, and Might & Magic series. I haven't killed anyone yet, but those voices in the games keep saying to buy firearms and go to a strip mall... No, I'm just kidding. Actually I think the theory that video games cause that kind of violence is a big steaming pile of *B.S.* I find it's a great way to blow off stress without actually hurting anyone. But, that's just MHO.
8. I masturbate with a shower massage. Another great stress-reliever. Girls, if you haven't tried it, let me tell you.... Um, actually I'm feeling kind of dirty right now.
9. I love Star Trek -- all of them. Also, I love the X-Files and I don't care what anybody else says, if Mulder is not the father of Scully's baby and they don't end up together at the end, I'm sending the show's creators MASSIVE amounts of hate mail!
10. I have a twisted sense of humor for a chick, even though I'm really a nice girl at heart. :)
Well, that's all I can think of off the top of my head, although I'm sure I could dredge up more if pressed. ;) BB
| I Have A Few Of Them, First And Foremost, I Cannot Stand... ||May 12th. at 9:23:44 pm EDT|
|Margaret (Albuquerque, New Mexico US) ||Age: 20 - Email |
I have a few of them, first and foremost, I cannot STAND people who hate mainstream anything- music, tv, even mainstream people(aka preppies) just for the sake of hating mainstream. I almost see this as becoming mainstream, those people who want so badly to be different that they become just like everyone else trying to become different. Secondly, I dont like people who come to America but refuse to learn the language. I live very close to Mexico and you would be amazed how many anti-American mexican people I deal with every day who just plain dont want to learn anything to get by, as if I owe them something. I am still in love with my "ex-boyfriend" and spend every night at his house. I have never gone camping and I grew up five minutes away from the Sandia Mountains. I hate school but feel as if I have to go back to amount to anything. My biggest fear is that I will become like my mother and be so afraid of other people that I resort to staying at home all day every day alone, except for when I am at work. And because of this fear, I am extremely addicted to people. And I have done way, way too many drugs in my lifetime.
| Greetings All! My Guilty Little Secret Is That I Am In Love... ||May 12th. at 9:34:05 pm EDT|
|Darkmoon-Fox Ochre DesertRains ("Spittsville") ||Age: 26 |
Greetings all! My guilty little secret is that I am in love with my best friend and I do not have the courage to tell him. His sister can't help but laugh herself silly over that as I am normally a very "in-your-face", blunt and honest person. Stupid, eh?
Oh yes... I go ga-ga over honest-to-goodness, made from scratch, cheesecake. Caramel-fudge-pecan is great, as is cranberry with chocolate crumb crust. yummmm....
| Hmmmm, Interesting Topic :-) Well, For Starters, I Admit To Letting The Tv... ||May 12th. at 9:50:35 pm EDT|
|Marien (Midway Park (Jacksonville), North Carolina US) ||Age: 22 |
Hmmmm, interesting topic :-) Well, for starters, I admit to letting the TV babysit for me while I do things around the house. Usually I'm online, this internet stuff is addictive!
I have a secret crush on an old high school friend who I am still in touch with. We're both married.
I love Bon Jovi! and otehr 80s music, but they're my all time favorite band. I watch ER regularly along with the Pretender.
My husband and I are very open about intimate relationships and have both had outside partners since we've been married. Oh yes, since I've been speaking with my high school crush about this openness we've talked about getting together, eventually. But don't worry, I keep hubby informed of all my intimate discussions and we talk about everything!
There ya go :-)
| Ok, I Love Star Trek. Not The Original Series So Much, But... ||May 13th. at 3:33:43 pm EDT|
|Lily (south, England UK) ||Age: 17 |
Ok, I love Star Trek. Not the Original Series so much, but the other three. I know practicaly everything there is to know about it! I am a Trekkie!
Also I'm a sci-fi fan, a big sci-fi fan, HUGE! If I listed all the sci-fi programs I liked I might be here until late into the night! And as if thats not bad enough, I'm a country music fan as well.
And, the final dirty secret. I love Charmed! I know it's about hollywood witches, I know the average fan is about 10 and I know it's by Aaron Spelling, but I still love it.
| As One Said Before, I Am A Trekkie. I Love The Next... ||May 13th. at 9:20:23 pm EDT|
|NightShade (Kenosha, Wisconsin US) ||Age: 19 - Email |
As one said before, I am a Trekkie. I love the Next Gen and the first Gen. Voyager is also very good. I love to watch Pokemon (tv cartoon). I'm almost 20, and like pokemon. Guilty as charged. I love to go online at work and talk for hours with other witches. I'm not even supposed to have online access, much less doing non-work during work hours. I am also an avid video gamer. If I'm playing, there had better be a good reason to get me off, or you're not gonna get me off!! I have not gone out and really and truely told my husband that I'm a witch. I've dropped hints saying that the wiccan/pagan religions are interesting to me. I've shown him my runes, witch-related books and incense, but never told him outright. There, nice to get that off my chest.
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2018 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.