The opinions posted on the Pagan Perspective pages are those of individuals and are not neccessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
Posted: Nov. 17, 2002
||This Page Viewed: 8,530,198
Vox Q Stats|
Times Viewed: 32,767
Lurker/Post Ratio: 585 to 1
Question of the Week: 57 - 9/3/2001
If You Were Stranded Alone On A Deserted Island...
If You Were Stranded Alone On A Deserted Island... - and- while all of your immediate needs for food, water, shelter, fire were being met- you faced the reality that you would not be rescued for several weeks, what ten (10) items would you like to have with you in order to pass the time or save your sanity?
| Reponses: There are 56 responses posted to this question.
|| Reverse Sort
| What Would I Bring If I Was Stranded. There Are So Many... ||Sep 6th. at 9:40:11 am UTC|
|Rob V. (chicopee, Massachusetts US) ||Age: 21 - Email |
What would I bring if I was stranded. there are so many things but since i must limit it to ten...here we go
1. My computer with the cable modem (ug cant deal with phone modem anymmore) (and there better be a cable hook up on this island ^_^ )
2. Cigarrettes (but only enuf to last me one pack for five days (hey maybe I could try to quit again)
3.The book House of Leaves and my book of shadows
4. My small collection of c.d.'s (yes all of em i need the variety) and cd player with unlimited supply of batteries)
5.Set of runes
6.Cauldron, crystal ball, and incense mixture of patchouli, jasmine, oppy, cypress, and musk
7.And lastly being the gemini that I am, a recording of generic responses and replies so I can have someone (sort of) to talk to and argue with when theres
no one online. (just so I wont crack from lack of interaction with others)
| Ivy Greenwood Says: 1. My Children!!! I Can't Stand It Even When... ||Sep 6th. at 1:51:58 am UTC|
|Ivy Greenwood (Simi Valley, California US) ||Age: 45 - Email |
Ivy Greenwood says:
1. MY CHILDREN!!! I can't stand it even when they just go spend the night at a friend's house, so they've GOTTA come along!
2. A case of books (cheating, I know, but I have very eclectic tastes in books and I LOVE to read---one or two books simply won't do).
3. My Tarot cards
4. My Swiss Army knife, because I'd feel naked without it
5. Waterproof matches
6. A teakettle
8. Lipton Green Tea with Orange, Passionfruit and Jasmine. Otherwise I'll curl up and die.
9. A dental hygiene kit (Did you see Tom Hanks' TEETH in "Castaway?" We are NOT goin' there!!!)
10. Biodegradable shampoo
| Stranded On A Desert Island, With Plenty Of Food And Shelter....hmmmnnnnnnn... ||Sep 6th. at 1:43:47 am UTC|
|Chelle "Zeyra" (Maricopa, Arizona US) ||Age: 32 - Email |
Stranded on a desert island, with plenty of food and shelter....hmmmnnnnnnn...
Is is a fully furnished tree house? If so, then...
1)one set of oil lamps with a large drum of citronela oil
2)A cell phone, with full signal and long life battery for those "how do you make friends with a tiger?" questions.
3)The Mists of Avalon *Bless MZB!
4)soaps, tooth stuff, basic cleaning the bod stuff that smells good!
5)Neverending journal and pencils.
6)Nagg Champa in case jasmine is not growing all over the tree house.
7)Pillows and blankies
8)A large cauldron
9)Pictures of my kids.
10)A radio with good stations for music and talk, so I can sing along and feel like someone is there.
I must admit, being a Sagittarius it would be very hard to be alone for that long for me. I would love the solitude for only so long and then I would probably befriend a coconut or something. I love the idea of a big elaborate tree house with open walls and solid floors. A big cozy overstuffed chair and a little fireplace and I am set for a bit! I guess I have taken this to fantasy land, but for me this would be ideal!
I think if I were able to pick the terain, I would chose a small clean water grotto with a waterfall as my back yard on this little island! :)
Blessings to you all!
See you on the island!
| 1. Big Box Of Crayons 2. Drawing Pad 3. Book- Mists Of... ||Sep 5th. at 11:40:59 pm UTC|
|Deborah (beaufort, South Carolina US) ||Age: 27 |
1. BIG box of crayons
2. drawing pad
3. book- Mists of Avalon
4. 2-1 shampoo/conditioner
9. tarot cards
10. field guide/survival techniques
| 10. My Sks And A Case Of Ammunition. 9. A Practical General... ||Sep 5th. at 6:59:13 pm UTC|
|Barbarian (Chicago, Illinois US) ||Age: 31 - Email |
10. My SKS and a case of ammunition.
9. A practical general purpose knife.
8. My large first aid kit.
7. A large supply of insulin and related supplies for my diabetes.
6. My GURPS RPG books and related materials.
5. My family. (Ok, that would technically be 2 humans and 9 cats, but I think I can get away with calling them one item for this purpose.)
4. Solar powered battery recharger to power the ...
3. Shortwave radio and the ...
2. Portable GPS Unit, to help me guide ...
1. A boat. (What can I say, I'm practical that way!)
Of course, we're probably going to take the opportunity for a bit of vaction before we use that boat!
| First Off, I Would Bring All Four Beatles As They Were In... ||Sep 5th. at 4:19:41 pm UTC|
|Aelfen Pandora (Katie to the humans) (Chicago, Illinois US) ||Age: 16 - Email |
first off, I would bring all four Beatles as they were in 1963 (but they would age like me and wouldn't have wives or girlfriends or kids or commitments to anyone but me). A neverending bag of condoms and birthcontrol-pills since they'd be there (teehee!). A really good computer with accessories (connections and electricity would be on the island). All my magickal supplies. All my art supplies. All my friends (including relatives). Last of all, all the cds in the world except for all pop music made later than 1995.
Am I materialistic or what?
PS> we'd never get off the island since it'd be heaven
| 1. Vanilla Candles 2. Nag Champa Incense 3. Cigarettes 4. Books (all... ||Sep 5th. at 9:51:58 am UTC|
|Heather (Austin, Texas US) ||Age: 37 |
1. Vanilla candles
2. Nag Champa incense
(All of the above by the case, please!)
5. Big floppy straw hat
6. Banana Boat Lip Balm, SPF 30
7. Fredericksburg Herb Farm bath products (Yum!)
8. My tin whistle and song books
9. Bailey's Irish Cream (again, by the case!)
10. More books.....
Ah, sounds like Nirvana to me! The only thing that could make this better? An assurance that absolutely no crate of electronics would "magically" wash up on shore.(Cell phone/ laptop/ video game/ etc.....bleeeck!)
| 1. Basic Hygenic Things- Sunscreen, Bug Spray, Other Items.... 2. My Cat... ||Sep 5th. at 1:05:09 am UTC|
|Gypsy Moon (Adelaide, South Australia AU) ||Age: 19 - Email |
1. Basic hygenic things- sunscreen, bug spray, other items....
2. My cat
3. Books - loads of them!
4. My journal - x5
5. Lots of blank paper and pencils/pens!
6. Male companions who can hold a conversation - hey, I am young!
7. A warm large bed with the fittings!
9. An entertainment system
10. Candles and globes
| 1) That Sunscreen Bug Repellent Stuff That Comes Mixed Together 2) The... ||Sep 4th. at 9:49:18 pm UTC|
|kristen doran (durham, New Hampshire US) ||Age: 18 - Email |
1) that sunscreen bug repellent stuff that comes mixed together
2) The biggest, fattest, most ficitious book i could ever find
3) my clarinet
4) my saxamaphone
5) my digeredoo
7) a special pen that NEVER wore out
8) my cards
9) a picture of my best friend
10) a big fluffy comforter
| 1. My Roman Short Sword 2. My Journal 3. Pen 4. A... ||Sep 4th. at 9:21:33 pm UTC|
|christie austin (goldsboro, North Carolina US) ||Age: 33 - Email |
1. my roman short sword
2. my journal
4. a ball called wilson lol
5. swiss army knife
6. duck tape
7. fishing pole
8. fuzzy blanket
| 1. My Cat- I Need Someone To Keep Me Company, And A... ||Sep 4th. at 9:07:01 pm UTC|
|DolphinSmile (Allen, Texas US) ||Age: 20 |
1. My cat- I need someone to keep me company, and a volleyball just won't do.
2. A picture of my boyfriend
3. toilet paper
4. a knife
5. A CD player
6. my CD collection (if that doesn't count as one item, I have to at least have Abbey Road- aka best album ever)
7. Some big thick book I haven't read yet or several books
8. My art supplies (sketchbook, pencils, eraser, etc)
9. Bug repellant (I must taste really good or something, because whenever I go outside...)
10. Field guide to tropical island wildlife
I thought about ritual items like some people said, but then I thought, why bother? I bet the island has plenty of stuff on it to use. Hey, if I am sure I'm going to be rescued eventually, this actually sounds pretty fun!
| 1. Pics Of My 2 Kids 2. My Book Of Shadows 3... ||Sep 4th. at 4:00:48 pm UTC|
|Silver MoonRaven (Decatur, Illinois US) ||Age: 34 - Email |
1. Pics of my 2 kids
2. My Book of Shadows
3. My favorite deck of Tarot cards (Celtic Dragon)
4. My athame
5. My wand
6. My cauldron
7. My cd player (hopefull it has batteries in it)
8. My chalice
9. My Scyring Mirror (to see my loved ones)
10. Last but not least, my favorite book, To Kill a Mockingbird
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2016 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.