The opinions posted on the Pagan Perspective pages are those of individuals and are not neccessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
Posted: Nov. 17, 2002
||This Page Viewed: 8,951,175
Vox Q Stats|
Times Viewed: 32,767
Lurker/Post Ratio: 585 to 1
Question of the Week: 57 - 9/3/2001
If You Were Stranded Alone On A Deserted Island...
If You Were Stranded Alone On A Deserted Island... - and- while all of your immediate needs for food, water, shelter, fire were being met- you faced the reality that you would not be rescued for several weeks, what ten (10) items would you like to have with you in order to pass the time or save your sanity?
| Reponses: There are 56 responses posted to this question.
|| Reverse Sort
| First Off, I Would Bring All Four Beatles As They Were In... ||Sep 5th. at 4:19:41 pm UTC|
|Aelfen Pandora (Katie to the humans) (Chicago, Illinois US) ||Age: 16 - Email |
first off, I would bring all four Beatles as they were in 1963 (but they would age like me and wouldn't have wives or girlfriends or kids or commitments to anyone but me). A neverending bag of condoms and birthcontrol-pills since they'd be there (teehee!). A really good computer with accessories (connections and electricity would be on the island). All my magickal supplies. All my art supplies. All my friends (including relatives). Last of all, all the cds in the world except for all pop music made later than 1995.
Am I materialistic or what?
PS> we'd never get off the island since it'd be heaven
| 1. Vanilla Candles 2. Nag Champa Incense 3. Cigarettes 4. Books (all... ||Sep 5th. at 9:51:58 am UTC|
|Heather (Austin, Texas US) ||Age: 37 |
1. Vanilla candles
2. Nag Champa incense
(All of the above by the case, please!)
5. Big floppy straw hat
6. Banana Boat Lip Balm, SPF 30
7. Fredericksburg Herb Farm bath products (Yum!)
8. My tin whistle and song books
9. Bailey's Irish Cream (again, by the case!)
10. More books.....
Ah, sounds like Nirvana to me! The only thing that could make this better? An assurance that absolutely no crate of electronics would "magically" wash up on shore.(Cell phone/ laptop/ video game/ etc.....bleeeck!)
| 1. Basic Hygenic Things- Sunscreen, Bug Spray, Other Items.... 2. My Cat... ||Sep 5th. at 1:05:09 am UTC|
|Gypsy Moon (Adelaide, South Australia AU) ||Age: 19 - Email |
1. Basic hygenic things- sunscreen, bug spray, other items....
2. My cat
3. Books - loads of them!
4. My journal - x5
5. Lots of blank paper and pencils/pens!
6. Male companions who can hold a conversation - hey, I am young!
7. A warm large bed with the fittings!
9. An entertainment system
10. Candles and globes
| 1) That Sunscreen Bug Repellent Stuff That Comes Mixed Together 2) The... ||Sep 4th. at 9:49:18 pm UTC|
|kristen doran (durham, New Hampshire US) ||Age: 18 - Email |
1) that sunscreen bug repellent stuff that comes mixed together
2) The biggest, fattest, most ficitious book i could ever find
3) my clarinet
4) my saxamaphone
5) my digeredoo
7) a special pen that NEVER wore out
8) my cards
9) a picture of my best friend
10) a big fluffy comforter
| 1. My Roman Short Sword 2. My Journal 3. Pen 4. A... ||Sep 4th. at 9:21:33 pm UTC|
|christie austin (goldsboro, North Carolina US) ||Age: 33 - Email |
1. my roman short sword
2. my journal
4. a ball called wilson lol
5. swiss army knife
6. duck tape
7. fishing pole
8. fuzzy blanket
| 1. My Cat- I Need Someone To Keep Me Company, And A... ||Sep 4th. at 9:07:01 pm UTC|
|DolphinSmile (Allen, Texas US) ||Age: 20 |
1. My cat- I need someone to keep me company, and a volleyball just won't do.
2. A picture of my boyfriend
3. toilet paper
4. a knife
5. A CD player
6. my CD collection (if that doesn't count as one item, I have to at least have Abbey Road- aka best album ever)
7. Some big thick book I haven't read yet or several books
8. My art supplies (sketchbook, pencils, eraser, etc)
9. Bug repellant (I must taste really good or something, because whenever I go outside...)
10. Field guide to tropical island wildlife
I thought about ritual items like some people said, but then I thought, why bother? I bet the island has plenty of stuff on it to use. Hey, if I am sure I'm going to be rescued eventually, this actually sounds pretty fun!
| 1. Pics Of My 2 Kids 2. My Book Of Shadows 3... ||Sep 4th. at 4:00:48 pm UTC|
|Silver MoonRaven (Decatur, Illinois US) ||Age: 34 - Email |
1. Pics of my 2 kids
2. My Book of Shadows
3. My favorite deck of Tarot cards (Celtic Dragon)
4. My athame
5. My wand
6. My cauldron
7. My cd player (hopefull it has batteries in it)
8. My chalice
9. My Scyring Mirror (to see my loved ones)
10. Last but not least, my favorite book, To Kill a Mockingbird
| 1) My Journal 2) Something To Write With 3) Sunscreen 4) Tootbrush... ||Sep 4th. at 3:28:11 pm UTC|
|Sem (Easley, South Carolina US) ||Age: 18 - Email |
1) My Journal
2) Something to write with
6) A Knife
8) A Camera w/film
9) A pack of those hair things that you use for long hair.
10) A Partrig in a Pair tree
P.S. Can I substitute my girlfriend for the Partrig. Myself would get bored of me talking to him all the time. :S
| Merry Meet~ The Humorous Side Of Me Made Some "colorful" Suggestions, But... ||Sep 4th. at 2:21:54 pm UTC|
|Rhiannon (Carson City, Nevada US) ||Age: 29 - Email |
The humorous side of me made some "colorful" suggestions, but I will refrain from sharing~
Let's see, 1) a deck of cards, 2) A Journal 3) Pens 4) Pencils for drawing 5) A Picture of my kids and honey & Dog together 6) Batteries (Rechargable) 7) Boom Box 8) A Telescope 9) Sketching Pad 10) All my favorite CD's
| I Would Take Sunscreen (i Am One Pale Witch), A Pillow, My... ||Sep 4th. at 1:56:26 pm UTC|
|Dahlia (Tampa, Florida US) ||Age: 21 - Email |
I would take sunscreen (I am one pale witch), a pillow, my pentacle, thats three... soap and a hair brush... thats 5
A really good fat book, and a journal. And a pencil, a good graphite one like you use for art, that way it will last, and I can draw to keep myself busy. 8
A good soft blanket. A case of diet coke. Oh and my runes... thats 11... I don't know... its a toss up between my runes, and the diet coke....
:o) I am assuming I couldn't answer, my cell phone to call for help.
| Wow, This Is Difficult! Thankfully It's Only Hypothetical. Well Here It Goes... ||Sep 4th. at 11:33:27 am UTC|
|Autumn (New York, New York US) ||Age: 34 - Email |
Wow, this is difficult! Thankfully it's only hypothetical.
Well here it goes:
1. Bug repellant! (who knows what kind of creepy critters may find me appetizing)
3. A collection of pagan chants
4. A knife to cut local herbs! Preferably my consecrated bolline, but any would do.
5. First Aid Kit (for those nasty possible snakebites and cuts, etc.)
6. The Illyad and the Odessey to pass the time and entertain myself.
7. A drum! (maybe I'd finally have the time and focus to get better)
8. A battery powered massager (no explaination needed there!)
9. A camera to photograph my, hopefully, beautiful and untouched surroundings
10.A picture of my live-in boyfriend to attach to the wall of my makeshift hut!
| 1) Soap 2) Deodorant 3) Lotion 4) Perfume 5) Toothpaste And Brush... ||Sep 4th. at 11:31:52 am UTC|
|Adaryn (Abilene, Texas US) ||Age: 23 - Email |
5) toothpaste and brush
I'm not happy unless I smell like a garden everyday, lol.
6) photo album
10) electricity :)
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2017 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.