The opinions posted on the Pagan Perspective pages are those of individuals and are not neccessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
Posted: Nov. 17, 2002
||This Page Viewed: 16,706,069
Vox Q Stats|
Times Viewed: 32,767
Lurker/Post Ratio: 183 to 1
Question of the Week: 96 - 1/27/2003
If You Were Granted Three Wishes...
If You Were Granted Three Wishes...
What would you wish for?
| Reponses: There are 179 responses posted to this question.
|| Reverse Sort
| Three Wishes ||Jan 30th. at 7:19:47 am EST|
|Starlight Bunnybutt (FL, USA) ||Age: 26 - Email |
I have many many many wishes that could go here. I can pick a few though:
1. An end to violence against women and children. Especially an end to Female Genital Mutilation, child abuse, forced prostitution, and rape.
2. A voluntary decrease in the world's population through a commitment to having fewer children. All of our problems are due in part to world overpopulation, 6 billion people now, 1 billion new people every 12 years. I am talking voluntary here, no forced sterilization or forced abortion programs allowed. We should be able to say "You should be ashamed of yourself" to families who birth more than 1 child. Social betterment programs work best with small populations. Read Aldous Huxley's "Island".
3. An end to the destructive downward spiral of the capitalistic rape of the world. A new society where the individual can focus on his own spiritual and emotional betterment rather than wasting his life producing useless items to fuel other's materialistic greed. A world without McDonalds, Nike, Gap, and Starbucks. A world without sweatshop labor, a world where children do not work in factories to make pennies a day.
There are many other wishes I would make, an establishment of matrifocal societies, a world where we do not teach our young men to suppress their emotions (a world where men do not have to kill each other to feel they are men) , an end forever to racial hatred. Maybe I should have wished for more wishes.
| No Title ||Jan 30th. at 4:32:26 am EST|
|Autumn (Nuneaton England) ||Age: 26 - Email |
Very difficult I think it would have to be
1.World leaders actualy spoke to each other and cooperated in the interests of the whole world rather than themselves.
2.If people in general were more open minded to things that they do not understand, I'm not saying that every one should agree but were understanding about things insted of being narrow minded, judgemental and persecuted those they did not understand
3.That I got one of the jobs i have applied for so that i can make something of myself and yes get more money.I know it is a material thing but we all need it to get by and i would like to have some so i can at least afford to get nice things for my children and take them on holiday (my eldist is nine and we have never been to see the sea, he has never built a sand castle etc and it gets me down)
Ok i know i went on a bit, sorry
| No Title ||Jan 30th. at 3:26:44 am EST|
|sesa (reno) ||Age: 21 - Email |
well this is a truly hard question because anything you wish for always has a reproctuion. the rule of 3. but if i where to wish for 3 things it would be
1. for my mom to be heathy.
2. for everyone to be happy.
3. for all love to be pure.
| No Title ||Jan 30th. at 3:21:58 am EST|
|Stella (Pasadena, CA) ||Age: 24 - Email |
My wishes would be:
1. unlimited wishes
2. I would be instantly cured of all my health problems
3. A super well paying, part-time, telecommuting job doing something I absolutely love.
| No Title ||Jan 30th. at 2:50:21 am EST|
|David (Windsor) ||Age: 35 - Email |
First and foremost an end to sickness and disease secondly peace for all living things and an end to ignorance and prejudice
Some times I think i want too much : (
| No Title ||Jan 30th. at 2:33:51 am EST|
|Zen Foster (State College, PA) ||Age: 32 - Email |
Oh my goodness, I've just gotten over crying after reading Robert from Ohio's response. My heart goes out to you. I can't imagine that someone with so true a heart and what seems to me to be such a gentle and genuine spirit would not be blessed by Nature eventually with the healing that it sounds like you need. You're in my thoughts Robert, and I will hope that the Fates grant this for you soon.
Okay, what I would do with three wishes:
1) I would wish that people would value the sanctity of a person's right to exist over all other priorities, and that this would eventually lead to a complete halt to intentional murder and assault.
2) I would wish that everyone would know the joys that come with love and understanding of those different than us, and that this would lead to cooperation instead of conflict.
3) And most of all, I would wish value the importance of living in harmony with the natural world, striking a balance between meeting our own needs for sustenance and giving back in other ways that which we must take to survive.
Okay, I know, pretty gacky, but I'm just so dispondent over the direction the United States (and the world for that matter) is heading. I'm dreading the day when mass destruction comes, and trying my best to leave myself open to the possibility that it won't come to that. Goddess bless us all with Peace.
| No Title ||Jan 30th. at 12:27:39 am EST|
|Ralf (Chattanooga) ||Age: 28 - Email |
1. I would wish to lose 1 pound a day until I was down to my "target" weight.
2. I would wish I had stayed in school the first time around so I would be farther in life.
3. I would wish that people did not fear things that they do not understand.
| No Title ||Jan 30th. at 12:17:42 am EST|
|melissa (philadelphia) ||Age: 25 - Email |
I would wish for Tolerance for all,
I would wish for the earth to be healed,
and I would wish for the ability to fly for everyone so we wouldnt need oil and gas.
| No Title ||Jan 29th. at 9:31:08 pm EST|
|Sami (Omaha, NE) ||Age: 50 - Email |
Let's see... happiness, peace, and love... for everyone!
| No Title ||Jan 29th. at 8:49:32 pm EST|
|Ravyn WyntrWolfe (Los Alamos, NM) ||Age: 20 - Email - Web|
To be honest, this is one of the hardest questions, but being that I usually go for needs and not wants.. erm... >.
| 3 Wishes What Shll They Be!!!! ||Jan 29th. at 7:28:54 pm EST|
|Sloopz (Scotland) ||Age: 17 - Email |
hmm I dont know. eh maybe dont laugh I think my first would be
No War Famine Poverty greed hate ( No Evil things or for the world to be a happy place working and living in peace)
secondly I would wish to meet all my friends and family from online. That would make my life so complete as all them are great people and very kind and loving.
Thirdly I would wish to be happily married to my girlfriend. She means the world to me and being married to her happily would be perfect .
I know some these sound soppy but thats what I would wish for.
| One Of My Wishes Would Be To Get Rid Of Misrepresentation. ||Jan 29th. at 7:26:10 pm EST|
|mik63033 (somewhere in the universe) ||Age: 42 - Email |
I'd like to get rid of people wrongfully using my name and other forms of spam and viruses. Merry Meet Peops. A funny thing happened on my way to e-mail land around a couple of Mercury retrogrades ago. Let me preface this by saying that I have not e-mailed ANYBODY except my ex-insurance company since 2001. I moved abrubtly Jan. 1st so naturally I was surprised when upon checking my e-mail at my local library I had some mail returned to me with the subjects being strangely unfamiliar to me. The few redundant e-mails before this saying "I'm starting a new game and you're the 1st one." should have been a clue. Evidently there are pre-pubescent boys who scan TWW and like my e-mail name enough to use it to send Goddess only knows what over the internet. These were dated during a retrograde Mercury. I don't even look at a computer during that time. If anyone received obscene or annoying e-mail suppossedly from me, know it was not I and I'm sorry.To my little pranksters who would steal and try to defame my name - if it happens again I'll make it a point to write down names and post them here - along with the bizarre subjects. (hint: they must really be into Dungeons and Dragons)
The REAL mik63033
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2019 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections
(including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.)
are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc.
TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.