Teens Speak Out!
on Hot Issues
Posted: Feb. 2, 1997
||This Page Viewed: 16,251
The Witches of tomorrow... This section is designed to work with and celebrate the unique needs of the Teen Witches of the World. We are proud to feature the writings the modern Teenage Witch. Check back here for the latest in articles from the Teen pagan point of view.
Editorial Submission Guidelines (All Ages)
WebMasters Note: To SUBMIT articles or for more information, contact the beautiful: Diotima
- Essays should be between 1000 and 2500 words. Essays under 1000 words will not be considered for publicationwe are looking for more than off-the-cuff commentary. It is easiest for us if you send it as a file in a program like Microsoft Word. If you don't have Word, please send as a .txt or .rtf file, or, if you must, just paste it in the body of an e-mail.
- Be nice to your editor. Please do not indent your paragraphs, do capitalize Witch, Wicca and Pagan, and please, please, please, spell check your essay before sending it.
- If you know html coding, that's a big help, but please keep the coding minimalparagraph breaks and formatting for emphasis (i.e., bold and italic) are all that's needed. We really mean this! Please do not use tables, font faces or colors, backgrounds, or rules
- In the subject line of the e-mail, please note if this is for the teen or adult section, and which topic you are writing on. Please put your name and e-mail address on upper left corner of document and the topic name, title suggestion and approximate word count in upper right corner.
- While we often publish articles and essays of timely and topical interest (for example, see our feature on Genetic Modification), we also want essays that have general, timeless appeal. We want to offer well-thought-out opinions about issues that are always affecting Witches, Pagans and other practitioners of magical or nature-centered spiritual traditions (and their allies).
- With this in mind, we suggest topics for each month that all writers and would-be essayists can draw upon. Feel free to directly adopt these titles and topics, or to adapt them to your own needs. There are many approaches and writing styles that would be appropriate, including: Personal Experience; How-To; Inspirational; History; Opinion; Seasonal; "Aftermath"; Investigative/News; Human Interest; Profile; or perhaps some category that cannot be defined. If you would like to write on a topic that is not listed, first please email Diotima and discuss your topic choice with her.
- Please be sure to credit any outside sources. Formal bibliographic notation is not necessary, but a book or article's general publication information, so readers can find it, is desirable. Any graphics or images should also be credited.
- All authors should also include a short (100 words or less) biographical statement, which might include someone's magical experience or tradition, their occupation, their current projects, articles they have already published, their likes and dislikes, or whatever else they want readers to know.
- You will retain copyright to all your work, However we do request 30 day exclusive use of your submission. If work has been previously published elsewhere, please indicate where and when. We also retain the right to do minor edits for spelling, grammar and formatting. Should a major edit be necessary, you will be contacted.
- All editorials to be considered for a given month should be submitted by the deadline date posted
Click for Current Adult Topics or for Young Pagan Topics
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2016 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren’s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches’ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.