Teens Speak Out!
on Hot Issues
Author: Fritz Jung
Posted: Jul. 25, 1998
||This Page Viewed: 12,110
Frequently Asked Questions about the Teen Section at WitchVox
Over the past several months we have received some email of concern related to the future of the Witchvox "Teen section". We are finally allocating some time into this important and popular section. Time is at a major premium here at WitchVox and we work real hard just to keep this massive web site fresh and alive. It's worth noting that it has never been the "mission" of the Witches' Voice to isolate or exclude teens from ANYTHING we do. Nor has it ever been our desire to do a separate Web site just for Pagan Teens. (check out our new Teen Pagan Links pages section for a sites that do focus on teens). It is clear that Teens DO have specific needs and desires and we hope to touch on a few here.
To be quite candid, in the past three years, we simply never thought in terms of Teen vs. "adult" in the creation and evolvement of this web site. Any reference to Teens here at Witchvox are due to requests from Teens themselves.
There has been substantial confusion as to just what this section is, who does it and where it's going (or hasn't been going for most of this year). (see our FAQ just below)
This week we have been very busy working on this section by; rendering a major facelift to this page and others, contacting sites with the words "teen" or "youth" in our links database (inviting them to be listed as a Teen site as well), composing a witchvox teen FAQ, and posting two wonderful new essays. Much newness can be found just below on this page.
Will this section grow and become more powerful? The answer to this lies in the hearts and spirit of the modern Teenage Pagan. This is one section at TWV that Wren and I simply cannot write. As always, we will gladly present any well thought out, positive article that aims to inspire and celebrate the path of the Teenage Witch or Pagan. The future of this section and that of the Craft of the Wise is clearly in the hands of the Teenage Pagan/Witch.
Always in your service...
(WebMaster - The Witches' Voice)
July 25th, 1998
Frequently Asked Questions about the Teen Section at WitchVox
- Why does the Witches' Voice have a Teen section? The Witches' Voice was built from the ground up via requests in Email and various comments forms. Since day one there was a cry for a section that focuses on the needs of a Teen Witch.
- Just how involved are Teens in the Witches' Voice? Although this is difficult to quantify, it is clear that Teenage Witches' are all over the Witches Voice, in droves and on a daily basis. Our hottest hit pages have always been in the basics of Witchcraft (hit by beginners of all ages) and the section you are in right now. Since we don't check ID's there is no way we can know (or care) if Teens are submitting articles to our Essays section. Good writing is just that, quite often it has little to do with age.
- What we do have planned this section: Simply stated, a collection of articles and information that are Teen specific (see section just below) as well as a list of Teen resources that with your help we do hope to grow. Just with like "adults", it is our desire to offer inspiring articles, magical tips and workable ideas related to fighting religious discrimination. Plans for the immediate future include a page for Teen specific Pagan Web pages. If you have a Pagan Teen Page click HERE to submitt it to the Voice.
- What we don't have planned for this section A proper full blown "Teen pagan site". We believe this is best handled by the many teen groups and organizations that are on the rise. We also have no desire at present to host a chat room or the like (See the Witchvox "Pagan chat sites" listing for a list of sites that do this much better that we ever could).
- Who writes this section? Teens only! Wren and I are "crowding 50" and it's been many moons since our teen years. We are at the mercy of the submissions by teens. We will gladly present any well thought out, positive article that aims to inspire and celebrate the path of the Teenage Witch or Pagan.
- Who can submitt articles to the WitchVox Teen section? Any Pagan/Witch that is under the age of 20 years old! We will present any well thought out, positive article that aims to inspire and celebrate the path of the Teenage Witch.
- What about Teenage religious discrimination Issues? They do exsit, this we know for sure. TWV has been involved in numerous cases of teenage religious discrimination over the past few years (our #2 type of case - #1 is religious discrimination related to "child custody" in divorce hearings). A substantial part of "cash balance" does go to educating schools, school boards and the like (one of the reasons we are always crying for stamps). Due to privacy issues many of these cases are NOT presented here on line and are done confidentially in terraspace. If you are involved in a case of religious descrimination at school, email us with all the details, contact names and addresses. We have had some wonderful successes in this area. For obvious reasons, TWV does check out the validity of all claims of discrimation before we can get behind them.
- What about "Child Custody" Cases? For 3 years Wren has helped, quite succesfully with a couple of dozen cases of child custody related to the religious choice of the Parent and the Teen Witch. She has just finished several powerful WHITE Pages that detail the many realities and strategies related to this issue.
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2017 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren’s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches’ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.