Survey Results: Witchcraft in the Public Eye|
The first time most people see a "witch" is in the "Wizard of Oz" or in the "fairy tale" books. The portrayal has rarely been a flattering-or accurate-one. In recent years, spokespeople and organizations have emerged to help set the record straight on the beliefs of Witches, Wiccans and Pagans. Have they been effective?|
How are we seen in the eyes of the general public today? Are we the new sweet "Sabrinas" or the old "threat to society"? What have we done right to help correct hundreds of years of "bad press"? What more ahould we do?
Or should we do anything at all?
702 Witches, Wiccans or Pagans responded to the questions related to Witchcraft in the Public Eye.
1. Are you concerned with the media's stereotypical portrayal of Witches and Pagans as being "evil" or 'weird"?
2. Do you like "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" TV show?
3. Have you ever been offended by a media show or article about Witches or Pagans?
4. Have you ever written, called or otherwise protested a negative show or article?
5. Have you ever been satisfied with the presentation of a 'public" representative of Witches and Pagans when she/he has been interviewed by the media?
6. Have you ever been 'turned off" by the presentation of a "public" Witch, Wiccan or Pagan?
7. After decades of distinguishing Witchcraft from Satanism, some are now welcoming Satanists/Setians into the Pagan community. Do you feel this is OK ?
8. Do you think that the Pagan community should work on developing some sort of positive public image"?
9. Would you or your group allow a film crew to film one of your private rituals for a positive media presentation?
10. Would you or your group allow a film crew to film a public ritual for a positive media presentation?
11. Would you ever go on a news show like 20/20 or CNN to discuss Pagan beliefs or to address discrimination issues?
12. Would you ever go on a daytime show like "Jenny Jones" or "Sally Jessie Raphael" to discuss Pagan beliefs or to address discrimination issues?
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2020 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.