Old Teen Essays
NOTE: The essay on this page contains the writings and opinions of the listed author(s) and is not necessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
The Witches' Voice does not verify or attest to the historical accuracy contained in the content of this essay.
All WitchVox essays contain a valid email address, feel free to send your comments, thoughts or concerns directly to the listed author(s).
Article ID: 9143
Age Group: Adult
Posted: April 3rd. 2005
by Kerr Cuhulain
Yesterday I received an e-mail from an alert reader Melanie who told me that "As many of us are studying law enforcement or related fields in college, we are all familiar with you and your work, and read your "Witch Hunt" series with some interest." Melanie brought a web page of the Jesus-is-Savior.com site to my attention, which had been forwarded to her by a friend. She included her friend's observation that "Someone spent too much time on the music on this one." Her friend noted that there was a quote attributed to me at the bottom of this web page. "This sparked discussion among my friends, " Melanie told me, "We all agree that the site it originates from doesn't seem like something you would support, nor were we able (albeit without much time put into it, it is nearing finals and I can't spend hours on too many distractions) to find where the attributed quote could have been taken from. We decided to ask at the source for your input."
This is my input.
The Jesus-is-Savior.com web site was apparently created in 2002. The quote that Melanie was referring to can be found on a web page on this site called "Signs of Satan": [Link] . The quote attributed to me reads:
Goat of Mendes -Origin of the Satanic Hand Sign?
"The Goat of Mendez is the god of the witches. (Mendez is another spelling of Mendes, a city of ancient Egypt where fertility worship - Baal worship -- was practiced). Masons admit readily that Baphomet is a pagan fertility god and, more importantly, that Freemasonry is a fertility cult religion. At any rate, this mockery of Jesus is a satanic symbol and figures prominently in Satan worship."- Kerr Cuhulain (Occult author, police investigator, and friend of witches)"
If you click on my name on this site it links the reader to my Demons article of my Witch Hunts series: This is really stupid as anyone clicking on this link would go to my article and very quickly see that this is not what I said. It would also connect them with my series of articles which would tear the misinformation in the Jesus-is-Savior web site and those like it to shreds. I can only assume that the creator of the Jesus-is-Savior web site has assumed that the reader would be too lazy to do this and would simply take his word for it.
This Signs of Satan web page is all about the Mano Cornuto or Horned Hand gesture and its alleged links to the Goat of Mendes. So what have I said about these subjects? Let me save you the trouble of looking elsewhere and remind you:
The Mano Cornuto or Horned Hand gesture has been misinterpreted as a Satanic recognition signal in many books on Satanism. It is easy to see what might have influenced the creator of the Jesus-is-Savior web site to make this assumption. For example, Michael Warnke refers to this gesture as a recognition signal for "the Brotherhood" in The Satan Seller. The cornu gesture is prominently displayed by all of the people on the cover of Frattarola's America's Best Kept Secret. Mary Ann Herold lists it twice in A Basic Manual on the Occult for Law Enforcement Agencies. A cornu, also described as an "Italian Horn", is listed as a "Demonic Symbol" on the Madrak's Demonbusters web site. The glossary of the Watch Network's Be Aware! handbook defines "Horned Hand" as "The 'horned hand' is the sign of recognition between those who are in the occult". Thomas Carder's ChildCare Action Project/Christian Analysis of American Culture web site defines the "horned hand or the mano cornuto" thus:
"This gesture is the satanic salute, a sign of recognition between and allegiance of members of satanism or other unholy groups. It is also called the Il Cornuto. In other 'circles, ' whether displayed as a hand gesture or worn as an amulet, it is supposed to ward off evil (the evil eye) as are the hamsa hand (three finger - two thumbed hand), the eye-in-hand (eye in the palm), and the mano fico ('mano' meaning hand and 'fico' meaning woman's genitals)."
Eventually the cornu or "horned hand" showed up in several police manuals. Lou Sloat's Texas Ritualistic Crime Information Network Occult Crime Manual lists the cornu as a "horned hand sign" in an untitled list of symbols attributed to Satanism. Other examples include:
This last interpretation of this hand sign pretty much sums up the content of most of the books and web sites that list the cornu as a purely Satanic symbol.
- "A satanic salute or sign among members; represents devil's horns. Often used innocently by adolescent heavy metal groupies without knowing its alternate meaning ."
- "Originally used by Pseudo-Satanists as a secret hand sign to gain access to rituals, the sign is now widely used by Self-styled Satanists to indicate that they are in league with Satan."
The "cornu", "mano cornuto" or "horned hand" salute is made by raising one's hand with the index and little fingers extended and the other fingers and thumb folded against the palm. In different contexts this means quite a few things, including the following:
- In Wicca this is used in some traditions as the sign of the Horned God. Warnke may have been aware of this, as he is using it in reference to what he describes as "witches" here.
- In some Native American traditions this is the sign of the Buffalo.
- Anton LaVey adopted this as a Satanic salute, resulting in it being advertised as such by books such as these.
- It is a recognition signal used by the Piru (Bloods) gang members in Los Angeles.
- It is a symbol of the Texas Longhorns football team or Texas UT.
- It is a slang hand sign in American sign language for the colloquial expression "bullshit".
What about the Goat of Mendes? The glossary in Watch Network's Be Aware! handbook defines "goathead" as "The Horned God, Goat of Mendes, Baphomet, God of the Witches, the scapegoat. It is a satanist's way of mocking Christ as the 'lamb' who died for the sins of humanity". Alford's Occult Crimes Investigations defines "Goat Head" as "The symbol for death and is associated with Tammuz". Tammuz was an Assyro-Babylonian vegetation and fertility God who appears as the lover of Ishtar in the Epic of Gilgamesh. There is no mention of goats in any myth associated to him. The animal associated to Tammuz is the boar, not the goat.
Detective Don Rimer's "Symptoms Characterizing Occult Ritual Abuse" contains a "Glossary of Occult Terms" which claims that "Satan appears as a goat." Thomas Carder's ChildCare Action Project/Christian Analysis of American Culture web site has this to say about "GOATHEAD: Also known as the god of witches, the Goat of Mendes, Baphomet, and the horned god. Jesus Christ is the Lamb of God and performed the only pure and sin-free sacrifice for the atonement of man's sins; past, present, and future. The goathead is a black mockery of Jesus' role as the Lamb of God. It is the Satanist's bird at Jesus. I am particularly enraged at this waste of computer memory. Jesus died so I won't have to and He spent three days in Hell so I won't have to. Evidently, the goathead is the oldest fertility false god in human history and is claimed to have been '...found on paintings from cavemen.' Baphomet (so called after the time of Christ) actually means Bapho-Mitras: son of Mithras... The Goat of Mendez is the god of the witches. (Mendez is another spelling of Mendes, a city of ancient Egypt where fertility worship - Ba'al worship -- was practiced). Masons admit readily that Baphomet is a pagan fertility god and, more importantly, that Freemasonry is a fertility cult religion. At any rate, this mockery of Jesus is a satanic symbol and figures prominently in satan worship."
This is more of that "horn phobia" that people of this sort seem to be obsessed with. The association of the goat with Satan probably originated in the custom of the scapegoat, as is hinted at here. In Israel the sins of the tribes were ceremonially loaded onto the head of a goat. This "scapegoat" represented the god Azazel, 'Messenger of the Lord', who took these sins away each Day of Atonement. The Horned God Azazel was actually a divine redeemer who took human sins upon himself and atoned for them by his exile and/or death, and you can read this for yourself in Leviticus 16:20 in the Bible: "An when he has made an end of atoning for the Holy place and the tent of meeting and the altar, he shall present the live goat; and Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the people of Israel, and all their transgressions, all their sins; and he shall put them upon the head of the goat, and send him away into the wilderness by the hand of the man who is in readiness. The goat shall bear all their iniquities upon him into a solitary land; and he shall let the goat go in the wilderness."
It may have been these early traditions that lead later Christian clergy to associate the goat with Satan, their personification of evil. Since many Pagan religions have nature deities that have horns or antlers, these too were associated by early Christians with the Devil, and this also may have played a part in the later association of goats with the Devil. Clearly this wasn't meant as a Satanist's way to mock Christ. I suggest that Rimer go back and reread his Bible. It is true that the goat is associated with the Devil by many modern Christians, but if you look in the Bible you will see that he is described as a serpent.
You see how Carder has combined the myth concerning Baphomet with the myth of the Goat of Mendes. None of the traditional theories of the etymology of Baphomet include the idea that it means "son of Mithras": This is Carder's invention. Note how he is trying to turn Baal into an Egyptian deity here. Note also how he has brought the Freemasons into his argument. Carder does not identify the source of his quotes about cave drawings. Mendez is not an alternate term for Mendes.
The Goat of Mendes has clearly made his way into fundamentalist literature of this sort. Mendes is a contraction of the Greek name Mendesius, given to the kingdom of Lower Egypt. The God of Pa-bi-neb-tat ("the dwelling of the Lord of Spirit, Lord of Tat"), the principal city of Mendes, was Nesa-Bi-Neb-Tat, represented as a man with the head of a ram. This deity was later associated with Ra, the Egyptian Sun God, the ram headed man becoming a symbol of Ra. The Goat of Mendes subsequently appeared in Occidental Magical literature: In the magical system of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn the Goat of Mendes is a mythical figure mentioned in the Rite of the Pentagram and the Five Paths.
In modern Christian and Satanic literature the Devil is depicted as a man with goat attributes so it was perhaps inevitable that these religious groups should interpret the Goat of Mendes as a Satanic symbol. The Satanists, in turn, adopted this symbol as their own from the Christian misinterpretation. For example, the Goat of Mendes is described as an aspect of the Devil that is half man and half goat in Anton LaVey's Satanic Bible.
Now that we've seen what I really said, let's look at some of the standard anti-Catholic, anti Freemason, anti-Gay, anti-abortion, anti-evolution, anti-feminism, anti-psychiatry stuff that the Jesus-is-Savior site has to tell us. Yes, anti-psychiatry. They tell us: "Say no to psychiatry [it is] Man's answer for Sin and Demon possession." One wonders if the creators of this site had some troubles with psychiatrists that led to this opinion? Definitely anti-abortion. They describe abortion as "an America holocaust" and state that "abortion is murder." They also tell us that "Divorce is a sin."
An enormous amount of space on the Jesus-is-Savior.com site is given over to refuting other versions of the Bible. "The King James Bible is God's preserved word in English today. Beware of the Satanic counterfeits!" they proclaim, "All modern Bible versions are corrupt. Only the 1611 King James Bible is trustworthy." They are certainly supporters of another well known disseminator of intolerant literature of this sort: Jack Chick. You'll recall that I've featured Chick in an earlier article in this series. This Jesus-is-Savior.com web page has a link to Chick's web site, accompanied by the comment: "Thank God for Jack Chick."
The Signs of Satan web page includes a lengthy list of "well known people showing off the hand sign which represents Satan." This starts with some art work depicting the Mano Cornuto, accompanied by the statement: "Excerpt above from the 'Satanic Bible.' 'Horned Hand or the Mano Cornuto: This gesture is the Satanic Salute, a sign of recognition between and allegiance of members of Satanism or other unholy groups." There is no "excerpt above" and this statement did not come from the Satanic Bible, so I'm guessing that the creator of Jesus-is-.com is making this excerpt up just as they did with the one that they attributed to me. This is followed by a list with the caption "Satanists or just a mere co-incidence?" which shows photos of various celebrities displaying this hand sign, including: Former President Bill Clinton, Presidential Candidate John Kerry, President George W. Bush, Bush's wife and his daughter. The picture of President Bush is preceded by the comment "Illuminati Devil Hand Signals were prevalent throughout the 2005 Inauguration." The photos of Bush, his wife and daughter seem to have come from this Inauguration. Jesus-is-Saviour.com reports that "Associated Press and Reuters called the above bush [first letter of surname not capitalized in orginal KC] family hand signs the 'Texas Longhorn' or 'Texas UT' symbol. People still think the signal is solely the 'hook em horns' UT symbol. We know this to be true but this doesn't answer our primary questions."
Their first question is: "If the symbol denotes Texas football or UT, why are people like Silvio Berlusconi and Bill Clinton doing it too? They have no links to Texas." Obviously the answer is that this hand gesture means different things in different cultures and contexts, as I pointed out above. Clearly Jesus-is-Savior.com doesn't want this gesture to mean anything other than how they've interpreted it.
Their second question is: "Why is the Bush family so obsessed with the signal, displaying it dozens of times during both the inauguration and the evening ball? A few times maybe we could accept, but why this many? What has Texas sports got to do with a national inauguration?" I can only assume that the Bush family, who come from Texas, use this symbol to reinforce their pride in Texas to their fans, but Jesus-is-Savior.com clearly wants us to see Bush as a Satanic leader.
The list then continues with the comment: "Below are some photos where the hand gesture is used in a clearly Satanic context." This includes pictures of:
This is followed by a drawing showing left and right hands, as follows:
- The cover of the rock band Dio's Holy Diver album on which Satan is displaying this sign. This is followed by the comment: "Dio's singer is former Black Sabbath frontman Ronnie James. The Satan character is clearly displaying the same hand signal. Is he a fan of the Texas Longhorns too?" Obviously not. Nor does the use of this symbol on this cover indicate that James or Dio are Satanic. They're clearly using it as a marketing ploy.
- King Abdullah, who is apparently showing this sign to Russian President Putin, who the Jesus-is- site identifies as "Putty Pute."
- Prince William of the UK, with the caption "Prince William gives a familiar Satanic hand signal."
- Italian Prime Minister Silvio Belusconi.
- Former Beatle Paul McCartney.
- Bill Clinton (again).
- George W. Bush (again- several photos).
- Elizabeth Taylor.
- General Tommy Franks (standing next to Bush).
- Members of the Rock band Metallica.
- Randy Jackson of the TV show American Idol.
This is followed by the statement:
"The first image Represents the horned god of witchcraft, Pan or Cernunnos. Note the thumb under the fingers and given by the right hand. The next image is a sign of recognition between those in the Occult. When pointed at someone it is meant to place a curse. Note the thumb over the fingers and given by the left hand. Take a look at the photos and decide for yourself." Elsewhere on this page they state: "Some of our deaf web visitors have e-mailed us claiming that the signal is sign language for 'I love you'. This is only true in the case of the thumb being extended outward... As you can see from the Bush family photos, in no instance is the thumb extended." Notice how they've mixed up all of the information on this hand gesture into one homogenous mess in an attempt to justify what they are doing.
This web page then gets even more bizarre. This drawing and statement are followed by the caption: "Goat of Mendes- Origin of the Satanic Hand Sign." This is followed by pictures of (in order of appearance):
This is followed by a photo of the right end of a US one dollar bill with the caption "Satan on Our Dollar!" This shows a portion of the upper right corner blown up to show the upper left corner of the frame around the number 1, accompanied by the comment "There is a small owl just to the left of the '1' which appears on the upper right hand corner of the Dollar Bill. From time to time politicians like Bill Clinton and George W. Bush Jr. have been caught with a camera flashing the horned owl symbol with their hands. There is a distinct separation between those in the demonic occult and those involved in the wickedness of witchcraft. The goat is associated strongly with witchcraft and Freemasonry, while the owl is more strongly associated with the occult (e.g., Bohemian grove). There is definitely an inseparable common denominator between the two groups: Satanism." This is where they insert the invented quotation from me. The symbol of the Bohemian Grove does include and owl, but there is no owl on the US $1 Bill. It is a creative interpretation of the corner design by Jesus-is-Savior.com. We've seen lots of the other people I write about in Witch Hunts spend enormous amounts of time examining US dollar bills for evidence of Satanic symbolism.
- Some art work of Marvel Comic's character Spiderman claiming to show him holding his hand in the Mano Cornuto. The first of the two pictures actually shows him holding his hand in this manner in order to shoot his artificial web substance from his palm, so clearly it isn't meant as a gesture. The second picture shows him holding his hand the same way, but this is probably him holding his hand up in readiness to shoot out more web, not a hand gesture.
- Prince William (same photo as before).
- Elizabeth Taylor (same photo as before).
- George W. Bush (again). One photo shows Bush at a university function and is followed by the statement "Member of Skull and Bones, and Bohemian Grove." Another shows him walking in casual clothes in public holding his hand aloft in this gesture. Another shows him on TV doing his Texas UT hand sign. The Bohemian Grove is a 2700 acre redwood forest, located in Monte Rio, CA. It is owned by the Bohemian Club, which was founded in 1872. It is a private club whose members are rich and influential. The Skull and Bones Society is not a Satanic cult, it is a secret society at Yale University.
- Tom Ridge, identified as "former FBI Director", who is shown in a photo gesturing with both hands while speaking in what appears to be this gesture.
- US Senator John Edwards.
- Yasser Arafat, who is holding his hand partially closed in a manner that suggests this gesture, which appears to be good enough for Jesus-is-Saviour.com.
- Italian Prime Minister Berlusconi (again).
- Amy Grant. The picture shows her performing on stage. This is followed by the comment: "Believe it or not! Here's Amy Grant, on the Michael W. Smith, In Concert (Reunion Records, 1985) video tape flashing the 'Satanic salute.' This is NOT the sign language for 'I love you', where the thumb is openly extended. Amy deliberately flashes the 'satanic salute' at least two separate times on the video, displaying it for several seconds. Amy is promoting Satan. There is a definite spirit invoked in rock music, secular or Christian - and it's NOT the Holy Spirit! And many times, people involved in rock music get 'caught up in this unholy spirit'!" This is simply a regurgitation of that "Rock music is Satanic" nonsense that I've documented throughout my Witch Hunts series.
- Anton LaVey's photo from the back cover of his Satanic Bible. OK, he is certainly using it as a Satanic salute.
- Harley Clark, followed by the comment: "Begun in 1955, the `Hook 'em Horns' sign started by Harley Clark still motivates UT fans today. Is it mere coincidence that every Satanist in the world uses the same hand salute?" In a word, yes.
- Former Vice President Dan Quayle.
- A photo of Church of Satan members standing before an altar making this hand gesture, followed by the comment: "Satanists making the 'Satanic salute' to an altar displaying the Goat of Mendes or Baphomet, to acknowledge their allegiance to Satan, during a Satanic ritual."
- Artwork from the cover of the Beatle's album Yellow Submarine on which John Lennon is portrayed "giving the Satanic hand-signal." This is followed by a promotional photograph in which John Lennon is showing a similar hand sign, only with his hand turned with his palm inwards.
- Kid Rock.
- Christian Evangelist Benny Hinn, who is holding both hands up partially closed. Again, this seems close enough for Jesus-is-Saviour.com.
- Christian Evangelist Jesse Duplantis, who is holding one hand aloft partially closed, so Jesus-is-Saviour.com is seizing upon this as a Satanic hand sign too.
- Dr. Rodney Howard Browne, another Christian evangelist: The blurred photo shows him sweeping his hand across with his fingers curled and again this is close enough for Jesus-is-Saviour.com.
- Christian Evangelist Kenneth Copeland, who is holding one hand with his fingers curved.
- A drawing of the US Council on Foreign Relations symbol which, according to these people, "features a man naked on a white stead giving the horned hand symbol."
Another page on the Jesus-is-Savior web site is "Witchcraft is Satanic!" This page, written by David J. Stewart, begins with a Biblical quotation "Ye that love the LORD, hate evil..." -Psalm 97:10, followed by the comment "Wicca Witchcraft is Evil as well." This is followed by photos of the cover of X Special magazine, which features and article on Witches, and of the cover of J. K. Rowling's book Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This is not followed by information on Wicca, but by a typical fundamentalist rant about Harry Potter, with the caption "Harry Potter is of the Devil." The supposed connection is revealed in the first paragraph, which quotes Michael Darnell, a 39 year old Wiccan computer programmer from Winnipeg, who is quoted as stating: "For once, the witches aren't ugly old hags. For once they're the protagonists rather than the villains."
Following this quote, Stewart throws in the standard Biblical quote from Deuteronomy 18:10-13. "Do you know what witchcraft is?" Stewart asks us, "Witchcraft is seeking help or guidance from any spiritual source other than God. There are only two sources of spiritual power: God or Satan. Ultimately there is only ONE source of power because the only power Satan has is that which God has given him (Luke 4:6). If it's not the power of God's Holy Spirit, then you are dealing with the devil. It's as simple as that folks. Anytime you here someone using words like 'spirits' or 'spiritual' without mentioning Jesus Christ or the Bible, run as fast as you can. The devil is a spirit, just as God is a Spirit. Our battles in this life (according to the Bible) are ultimately against the devil (Ephesians 6:12). The devil works inside people's hearts to lead them to do horrible things. The devil can't make anyone do anything, but he inspires them with evil to the point where they do his will without hesitation."
This is the standard "if you don't do exactly what we do your Satanists" nonsense that we've seen throughout my Witch Hunts series. Religion isn't, as these people suggest, a one-size-fits-all proposition.
If you were wondering when Stewart would try to connect drugs with the occult, wait no longer. Next a photo of an ad for a PlayStation's Sabrina The Teenaged Witch: A Twitch In Time is followed by the comment: "All forms of horoscopes, Tarot cards, psychics, palm readings, fortune telling, crystal balls, Ouija boards, astrology, worshipping or contacting the dead, and sorcery are of the devil. 'Sorcery' is an interesting word in the Bible. It is derived from the same Hebrew word that our word 'pharmacy' today comes from. Hence, sorcery is the use of drugs as a medium to contact the demonic world. If you've ever spoken with someone who was a serious drug addict, they can tell you of the demonic experiences they had while high on drugs. I have talked with such people who claim that they saw demons and unbelievable nightmares. Drugs will mess you up quickly." Drugs will mess you up quickly. People on drugs do experience delusions of demons. Yet you don't need to do drugs to experience paranoia delusions, as the content of this web page clearly demonstrates. Incidentally, Stewart is making up this etymology as he goes along too: The English word "pharmacy" comes from the Greek "pharmakeia" ("druggist's work"), not from the root of the word sorcery. Sorcery comes from the Latin word "sorceria".
"The issue of witchcraft devices such as Harry Potter is an issue of Biblical separation, " Stewart goes on to tell us, "All Christians are to separated from the heathen works of darkness [sic]." It is hard to say what Stewart means by this awkward piece of grammar. "Harry Potter is Wicked!" Stewart warns us, "It is wrong for anyone to support Harry Potter's witchcraft." This is followed by Stewart's complaint that "Christianity Today Magazine endorses Harry Potter by giving it positive reviews." Below this one finds:
This statement apparently infuriates Stewart, especially the comment that "Wicca has become the fastest growing religion in the UK." This and the references to Harry Potter, et al, lead Stewart to conclude: "Are you really stupid enough to believe that Harry Potter is harmless to children? Evidently that folks at Christianity Today magazine are. Even the witches themselves declare that Harry Potter is greatly influencing the masses. Why are the churches silent? Why does Christianity Today dip their sails and compromise? I'll tell you why! Because of the love of money, fear of persecution and a failure to walk with God. We all need to get right with God!"
- A drawing of a demonic figure holding a quill dripping blood and with a child reading a Harry Potter book in his lap and the caption "Mark of the Beast 666" in the upper right corner.
- A photo of the cover of Kate West's "The Real Witches Handbook" with a link to her web site, on which she is quoted as saying "Harry Potter, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Charmed. It seems we can't get enough of all things magical or 'witchy' at the moment. The result of all this interest is that Wicca has become the fastest growing religion in the UK. Wicca is a nature-based spiritual path that celebrates the feminine, follows the changing seasons of the year and is rich with magic and enchantment. But is it all spells and hocus pocus? Kate West's grounded introduction to the Craft separates the Hollywood myth from the everyday reality, with all the practical advice you need to follow the Wiccan way. There are many coffee-table pretenders around, but Kate West is the real thing. Her Witchcraft is about passion, not fashion! She explores the myths that surround Witchcraft, its festivals, beliefs, practices and folklore. She explains the responsibilities of becoming a Witch and provides plenty of magical and herbal spells you can work with - from charms to help you attract your ideal partner to healing potions for natural beauty to affirmations that will help you find empowerment. Witchcraft can help you to become personally fulfilled as it teaches you take control of yourself and your life. Whether you want to join a group or a work alone, this is a great guide to Wicca."
Stewart goes on to claim that "these things which may seem harmless to you have completely destroyed some people's lives." Yet he gives us no evidence or examples to corroborate his claims other than to say that "People have invested their life savings into certain financial investments based upon what some astrologer said." Stewart gives no specifics or names. "Our opinions should be based upon tangible evidence...not hocus pocus, candles, horoscopes, cards, stars, whims or superstitions, " Stewart warns us, yet relying on Christian superstitions, whims and a paucity of evidence is precisely what Jesus-is-Savior.com are doing in their web site.
"Even if it seems to be accurate information...it is still evil and Satanic, " Stewart warns us, "It is never right to do wrong in order to get a chance to do right! It's wrong for local police authorities to consult with psychics in an attempt to locate missing persons. But you say, 'wouldn't you want to try every means possible to find a loved one if they were missing?' Not if I have to consult with the devil." Stewart would apparently rather see victims perish than accept any help other than that offered by Christians like him.
This is followed by a rant concerning a man in Oregon who lost his dog and hired psychics and a witch to find it. The dog was found and he sued his pet sitter for losing it. The article is pasted into the Jesus-is-Savior web site. Stewart calls him crazy and concludes that "It is sinful to seek the help or advice of a psychic or witch." This is followed by a quote from Leviticus 19:31 condemning people with familiar spirits and 2 Kings 21:6 condemning divination.
Stewart goes on to tell us that Muslims "pray five times daily corresponding with the cycles of the moon" and points out that the symbol of Islam includes a crescent moon. "It is the symbol of the moon god, which is exactly where the Islamic Muslim religion started back in 800 A.D., under the moon god Muhammad, " Stewart concludes, "It is a false religion!" From here they babble on about India's top astrologers predicting that there would not be a nuclear war between India and Pakistan (and so far there has not). From this he leaps to saying that the "stargazers didn't help Babylon, " quotes from Isaiah 47:13 and 2 Chronicles 33:6, and then launches into the etymology of the name Hell. This leads Stewart to claim that "the Moloch religion required parents to sacrifice their children upon the fiery arms of Moloch." Moloch is one of those demons listed in my Demon's article that Jesus-is-Savior.com links you to.
If you were wondering where this all was leading, Stewart answers this in the next few sentences: "This was no doubt a form of abortion, " he claims, "Today, parents sacrifice their children to the surgical saws that rip their tiny bodies painfully apart piece by piece unto all LIFE is gone. Murderers!"
Having gone off on this abortion tangent, Stewart suddenly leaps back to condemning divination, linking it with Catholicism: "All forms of horoscopes, Tarot cards, psychics, palm readings, fortune telling, crystal balls, Ouija boards, astrology, worshipping or contacting the dead, and sorcery are of the devil. This includes the veneration (worshipping) of the dead. The Catholic church worships statues of former so-called 'saints.'... The Catholic church teaches people to pray to dead Saints. This is evil. A statue over your grave cannot pray for you. You cannot pray a person out of hell, and there is NO such place as purgatory. Praying to statues of any size is idolatry. Worshipping anyone or anything other than God is sin! Jesus accepted worship from people because He is God. Mary did NOT accept worship from anyone because she was just a dirty-rotten sinner like you and me. Mary had to get saved, just like you and I do."
Stewart then prattles on about how we all need to be saved (by his kind of Christians), including the usual stuff about inviting Christ into your heart as your personal savior. This is followed by a reading list of other Jesus-is- web pages on "Wicca/Witchcraft/Satanism" which includes the following:
This lengthy list is followed by the caption "Occult Government", accompanied by a drawing of a horned demonic figure wearing the pyramid from the $1 bill on his head and having a hexagram on his forehead. One hand holds strings like a puppeteer, connected to figures of Hitler, Uncle Sam and Lenin. Acid pours from his eyes onto the globe. In the lower left corner is a beast made up of parts of several different animals. This links you to a page "The Illuminati Exposed", which shows us that they, like many of the people that I've written about in the Witch Hunts series, believe in the myth of the Illuminati. Following this one finds links to another of the Jesus-is-Savior web pages, "More False Religions, " and a link to "Repent America".
- Learn the Truth About Wicca "They say they don't believe in Satan, " Stewart tells us, "but rather Lucifer."
- Contemporary Witchcraft which Stewart describes as "Neopaganism, Feminism, And The New Polytheism."
- The Danger of White Wicca Exposed- This is a link to a "book for purchase from Chick Tract" as well as a link to the Signs of Satan web page
- The Modern World of Witchcraft, Part 1 - The Modern World of Witchcraft, Part 2
- What Witches Do After Halloween -- Wicca - Modern Day Witchcraft "It's still of the devil whether they believe in him or not!" Stewart warns us.
- Ozzy Osbourne - Tattoos are Sinful - Occult Signs and Symbols - Burning Man Festivals
- From Wicca Witchcraft to Christ - Former Witch - Drugs and Sorcery
- She talked with her familiar spirits (devils) "From witch to rich!" Stewart tells us. This is followed by a link to Stick in the Mud , which Stewart describes as "The evils of Harry Potter"
- "Massacre of Innocence" - The Occult Roots of Abortion This is a reference to the awful anti-Pagan film Massacre of Innocense which claims that abortion is a Satanic sacrifice which I described earlier in my Witch Hunts series. Stewart describes it as "very disturbing." I agree, but not for the reason that he does. This is followed by a link to purchase this awful film:
- "Massacre of Innocence" - The Occult Roots of Abortion Video (85 minute video for $20)
- Wiccan writings promoting abortion as a form of child sacrifice (Witchcraft & Abortion)
- Pagan Response of a Wiccan - Sayville and Witchcraft
- Harry Potter/ Sabrina Similarities "Did you know that U.S. banks, oil companies and others financed Hitler's holocaust?" Stewart asks us, "Did you know that Henry Ford was a good friend of Hitler? Did you know that the U.S. financed Stalin's Communism in Russia? Why DIDN'T the German enemies bomb the crematoriums or fuel supplies during WWII? Why did the U.S. supply Germany's oil through WWII? The occult! Many top American leaders have historically been members of occult organizations such as the Free Masons, Skull and Bones, Bohemian Grove, Rosicrucians, and MANY more. Hitler was involved with the occult. These occult members make up the Council on Foreign Relation (CFR) and are in total control of the United States and the Federal Reserve Bank, which THEY privately own.)" Take a look at the home page of Jesus-is-Savior.com and you'll find seemingly endless links to similar anti-US banking pages and similar paranoid rants.
- Exposing Satanism & Witchcraft - Satan's Miracles
- Vatican approves of Harry Potter's witchcraft
- Kundalini Yoga "What is witchcraft?" Stewart asks us, "You might be surprised. Here's the answer. I wrote this article after reading a book on Kundalini Yoga by Sri Chinmoy." I'm sure we'd all be surprised as well.
- Bohemian Grove Exposed - Skull and Bones Connection to Bohemian Grove
- George W. Bush at Skull and Bones - George Bush and John Kerry (real name John Kohn)
- Skull and Bones Occult - The Secrets of Bohemian Grove - Fleshing Out Skull and Bones
- Occult Government (What it means to you and me) - Occult Theocracy - America is Cursed by God!
- New World Order and Elite Think Tanks (part one)
- New World Order and Elite Think Tanks (part Two)
- The Real Harry Potter: Witchcraft Repackaged.
- Harry Potter 'occult' warning (News Report from the BBC).
- School bans Harry Potter. (News Report from the BBC).
- Buffy Draws Children to Witchcraft. (News Report from the BBC).
- Witchcraft and TV - Hellivision and the Movies - Only on TV - Ozzy Osbourne
- Infatuated with Witchcraft - Horoscopes are Evil - Ouija Boards are of the Devil
- Psychics are Satanic! - Skull and Bones Exposed - Teens and Witchcraft - Tattoos are Sinful
- U.S. Presidents and Satanism - What Witches Do After Halloween - Wicca - Wicca Hellbound
- Witchcraft in The White House - Signs of Satan - Astrology is Satanic - Bohemian Grove Exposed
- Burning Man Festivals - Charmed is Satanic ("Anything but harmless, " Stewart warns us.) Halloween
The final words on this Jesus-is-Savior web page are "Ye that love the LORD, hate evil..." -Psalm 97:10." If these people hate evil so much, why are they disseminating such hysterical misinformation? Obviously they believe that the ends justify the means.
Make up your own quotes and attribute them to unsuspecting individuals, recycle tired urban legends concerning Satanism, invent your own etymology, misinterpret everything around you and put it all on a web page. That's basically what Jesus-is-Savior has done here.
 1 April 2005. E-mail to the author from Melanie Zellner.
 "Wicca - Satan's Little White Lie", http://www.demonbuster.com/zpart2?w9.html
 Be Aware!: A Handbook for the Purpose of Exposing Occultic Activity, WATCH Network, pg 9.
 Carder, Thomas. Back To School Special, ChildCare Action Project: Christian Analysis of American Culture, http://www.capalert.com/backtoschool/backtoschool.htm
 Sloat, Lou. (Date unknown). Texas Ritualistic Crime Information Network Occult Crime Manual, pg 28.
 Anderson, Sgt Edwin C, Jr.: Law Enforcement Guide to Occult Related Crime, California State University Police, pg 40.
 Dubois, William. Occult Crime, pg 46.
 Be Aware!: A Handbook for the Purpose of Exposing Occultic Activity, WATCH Network, pg 8.
 Alford, Clifford. Occult Crimes Investigations, pg 51
 Rimer, Don. "Symptoms Characterizing Occult Ritual Abuse'" http://www.ogia.net/oklahoma%20gang%20investigators'%20association/occult/htm
 Carder, Thomas. Back To School Special, ChildCare Action Project: Christian Analysis of American Culture, http://www.capalert.com/backtoschool/backtoschool.htm
 30 May 2000. USA Today.
| ABOUT... |
Location: Surrey, British Columbia
Bio: Kerr Cuhulain the author of this article, is known to the mundane world as Detective Constable Charles Ennis. Ennis, a former child abuse investigator, is the author of several articles on child abuse investigation that appeared in Law & Order Magazine. Better known to the Pagan community by his Wiccan name, Kerr Cuhulain, Ennis was the first Wiccan police officer to go public about his beliefs 28 years ago. Kerr is now the Preceptor General of Officers of Avalon. Kerr went on to write four books: The Law Enforcement Guide to Wicca (Horned Owl Publishing), Wiccan Warrior and Full Contact Magick: A Book of Shadows for the Wiccan Warrior. (Llewellyn Publications), as well as a book based on this series: Witch Hunts: Out of the Broom Closet (Spiral Publishing).
Email Kerr: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Articles: Kerr Cuhulain has posted 182 additional articles- View them?
Other Listings: To view ALL of my listings: Click HERE
Email Me... (Yes! I have opted to receive invites to Pagan events, groups, and commercial sales)
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2016 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren’s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches’ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.
of The World