Jeremiah Films |
Author: Kerr Cuhulain
Posted: August 12th. 2002
Times Viewed: 23,414
One of the major means used by Satanic Conspiracy myth supporters to disseminate their beliefs is through the medium of video tape or film. They either produce "documentaries" or training videos. Often they appear in each other's videos.
One of the best examples of this is Caryl and Patrick Matrisciana, founders of Citizens for Honest Government. Citzens for Honest Government does business as Jeremiah Films and Intergrity Films, based in Hemet, California. Patrick is the founder, president and producer. Caryl is the co-founder, CEO, creative director and writer. They are also associated with Rivershield Films in Huntington Beach, CA and Cutting Edge Films International.
Pat Matrisciana is a Baptist minister. According to recent court documents, Pat says that he "got into the 'motion picture film business' because of his 'moral outrage' and to fill a perceived void in the 'establishment' or 'mainstream' media for telling the 'truth.'"
Caryl Matrisciana is a fundamentalist Christian writer and film maker who spent much of her childhood in India. She is very outspoken about anything not fundamentalist Christian. Caryl is also co founder of "International Liaison of Concerned Groups", an organization designed to promote networking between people working in Matrisciana's field.
Matrisciana's work is supported by organizations like the Religion Analysis Service, Deo Gloria Trust and Cultivate Ministries. One of Matrisciana's strongest supporters Dr. Johannes Aagaard, a professor of theology at Arhus University in Denmark. Aagaard is considered by many Christians to be an "expert" on "Hinduism." Aagaard took Caryl to India with him to do research on "cults".
An indication of how the Matriscianas view the world can be obtained from this introduction on their Jeremiah Films web site (www.jeremiahfilms.com/):
"With its cutting edge investigations of the political world, Jeremiah Films has successfully filled the void created by the national media, whose inability to consistently present the truth to the American public has become all too common. These highly informative and controversial videos have received international prominence with reviews appearing in major publications around the world. They have been effectively used by individuals and grassroots organizations as tools to help weed out government corruption as well as promote patriotism, traditional values, and the biblical worldview of our founding fathers."
The list of films and books by Jeremiah Films gives us an indication of the sort of "truth" that Jeremiah Films wishes to present to the public. Jeremiah Films has produced the following videos and books, which I have grouped in under the same headings as Jeremiah Films uses on their web site:
Halloween: Trick or Treat? This video is advertised by Jeremiah films as a history of the Pagan origins and history of Halloween. We will examine this video later in this article.
- The Unwrapping of Christmas: It's History, Myths and Traditions. This video is intended for a very similar purpose to the previous one. It is intended to denounce the Pagan customs that have become a part of the modern celebration of Christmas.
- Global Governance The Quiet War Against American Independence. This is one of Jeremiah films anti-Clinton administration films (you will find several more in the "Patriotic" section which follows). These videos basically equate Clinton's political agenda with the concept of a "one world government inspired by Satan" that is so common in evangelical circles. "Are you ready to be told how much gasoline you can buy?" the Matriscianas ask us in their web site advertisement for this video, "How often you can use your car? That your energy consumption must be decreased by one fourth? Where you can congregate? That your world government doesn't approve of the way you are raising your children or where you send them to school? That you can no longer own private property? That you can no longer worship in the church of your choice?"
- Crisis In The Classroom: Hidden Agendas And Grassroots Opposition. This video is critical of modern educational reform, focusing on Outcome Based Education.
- Let My Children Go. Another video critical of the US education system. The web site ad begins with a quote from Martin Luther: "I am much afraid that schools will prove to be great gates of hell, unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures, engraving them in the hearts of youth. I advise no one to place his child where the Scriptures do not reign paramount. Every institution in which men are not increasingly occupied with the Word of God must become corrupt." The ad goes on to warn us that "more than 80% of Evangelical Christians place their children in government (public) schools; exposing them to physical and moral danger on a daily basis." The solution that the Matriscianas suggest is "Biblical instruction of our children" to give God the ability "to restore American society and revive the nation. A fresh obedience by the Church, to it's God-ordained role in education, may be the catalyst for a new Great Awakening."
- Behind the Green Curtain: This video is critical of the environmental movements, who are described as interfering with people's rights and freedoms concerning the ownership and enjoyment of property. "Is the environmental movement really concerned with protecting nature, " asks the web site ad, "or is there a hidden agenda to control and eliminate private property?"
- Gay Rights / Special Rights: Inside The Homosexual Agenda. "THE HOMOSEXUAL AGENDA IS A THREAT TO YOU...YOUR FAMILY... YOUR COUNTRY! [emphasis in original]" declares the Jeremiah films web page blurb. Homosexuals are stereotyped as pedophiles preying on vulnerable youth.
- The Report: The Gay Agenda In Public Education. A video with a similar agenda to the previously listed video.
- AIDS: What You Haven't Been Told. The Jeremiah Films web site describes this film as a "shocking and visually appealing documentary, filmed in twelve major cities in the United States and Europe, unmasks the myths, cover-ups and political manipulations concerning the world's most deadly killer."
- Earth's Two-Minute Warning. As the title suggests, this is a "prophetic" video speaking about the "end times."
- Apocalypse Planet Earth. This video is based on the book The Late Great Planet Earth by evangelical author Hal Lindsey. More end-times/ approach-of-the-apocalypse stuff.
- A Question Of Origins. A video supporting a creationism rather than evolution.
- Harry Potter: Witchcraft Repackaged. Jeremiah Films produced this video to claim that the popular Harry Potter series by author J.K. Rowling is nothing more than an occult indoctrination system cleverly disguised as fiction. The co-hosts of this film are Caryl Matrisciana and Robert S.McGee, author of The Search For Significance.
- Baby Parts For Sale. The host of this video is evangelist Marlin Maddoux, host of the nationally syndicated radio news talk program Point of View. The list of questions that this film is supposed to answer, according to the Jeremiah Films web site, include: "Who are some of the players in the baby parts trafficking industry? What are live birth abortions? Are women being pressured into abortions with the promise that their baby's parts will be used to help cure diseases? Why did elected officials in the past fight so hard to keep partial birth abortion legal? Has the media fairly presented all sides of the fetal tissue controversy?"
- Death by Entertainment: How the Media Manipulates the Masses. The title of this video is ironic given the sort of media manipulation that the Matriscianas are involved in here. This video blames Hollywood "for society's declining morals and loss of traditional values" and seeks to answer the questions: "Why is the occult and sexually oriented programming on the rise? How do entertainment industry insiders actually feel about Judeo Christian values? Why is Hollywood determined to changer the moral landscape of our nation? Are the arts being used as a part of a global conditioning process?"
(Continued... Click HERE for page II)
Article ID: 4605
Age Group: Adult
Days Up: 5,908
Times Read: 23,414
Location: Surrey, British Columbia
Bio: Kerr Cuhulain the author of this article, is known to the mundane world as Detective Constable Charles Ennis. Ennis, a former child abuse investigator, is the author of several articles on child abuse investigation that appeared in Law & Order Magazine. Better known to the Pagan community by his Wiccan name, Kerr Cuhulain, Ennis was the first Wiccan police officer to go public about his beliefs 28 years ago. Kerr is now the Preceptor General of Officers of Avalon. Kerr went on to write four books: The Law Enforcement Guide to Wicca (Horned Owl Publishing), Wiccan Warrior and Full Contact Magick: A Book of Shadows for the Wiccan Warrior. (Llewellyn Publications), as well as a book based on this series: Witch Hunts: Out of the Broom Closet (Spiral Publishing).
Email Kerr: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Articles: Kerr Cuhulain has posted 182 additional articles- View them?
Other Listings: To view ALL of my listings: Click HERE
Email Kerr Cuhulain... (Yes! I have opted to receive invites to Pagan events, groups, and commercial sales)
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2018 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections
(including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.)
are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc.
TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.
of The World
NOTE: The essay on this page contains the writings and opinions of the listed author(s) and is not necessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
The Witches' Voice does not verify or attest to the historical accuracy contained in the content of this essay.
All WitchVox essays contain a valid email address, feel free to send your comments, thoughts or concerns directly to the listed author(s).