Desiring Blessed Quietness |
Author: Kerr Cuhulain
Posted: October 10th. 2004
Times Viewed: 10,929
The lengthy list of links then continues:
* "VERY BUSY SITE FROM ALASKA WITH RESOURCES:
http://www.witchvox.net/wotw/wwp_a/alaska_a.html?-token.skip=50": The "very busy site is The Witches Voice (Witchvox.com) and this is a link to their Alaska listings.
* "DISCUSSION OF HUMAN SACRIFICE BY SECULARISTS: http://www.forerunner.com/champion/X0042_What_is_the_Wiccan_r.html": This is that Christian news site again, not a secular site. The article, "What is the Wiccan Religion," claims that because modern Wicca is descended from ancient Pagan religions, some of whom practiced sacrifice, then modern Wiccans must perform sacrifices too. No evidence is presented to support this argument.
* "LIST OF LINKS TO WICCAN PAGES: http://students.missouri.edu/~sacredw/links.html": This links to a page of links to various Wiccan web sites.
* "AFRICAN VERSION OF WICCA: http://www.animal-law.org/sacrifice/sacrfc.htm": Remember how I told you earlier that Van Nattan tried to link Santeria to Wicca? This is a web page, "Introduction to Santeria and Animal Sacrifice," which has nothing whatever to do with Wicca. It discusses the legality of animal sacrifice in Santerian practice. This is followed by the link "ANIMAL SACRIFICE IN SANTARIA [sic] http://www.animal-law.org/sacrifice/sacrfc.htm" which is a link to the exact same article.
* "EVOLUTION AND WICCA http://www.netkonect.co.uk/e/evolution/wicca.htm": You'd get the impression that this site is about evolution and wicca, but the only thing on this site relating to evolution is it's title: Evolution's web.
* "CHURCH OF SATAN http://www.churchofsatan.com/Anton LaVey": This is a link to the Church of Satan web site.
* "ECCLESIA GNOSTIC CATHOLICA http://www.crl.com/~thelema/egc.html": This is a link to an O.T.O. page which no longer works.
* "THELEMA http://www.crystalinks.com/crowley.html Alister [sic] Crowley's cult": This is a link from the aforementioned Crystalinks page to a bio of Crowley.
* "THE GOLDEN DAWNhttp://www.hermeticgoldendawn.org/index.shtml": Link to the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn's web site.
* "THE SABBATS OF WICCA http://www.feri.com/frand/Wicca4.html": This is simply a listing of Wiccan Sabbats on Feri.com
* "KABBALAH HOME PAGE http://www.io.org/~vma/kabbalah.html
Pagan Babylonian Jewish filth-- Was taken off the Web, but, Wallah, here it is": This is a link to the Kabbalah home page. Obviously Van Nattan considers it "filth", but there is nothing that the Pagan or general public would find objectionable about this web site.
* "HELENA PETROVNA BLAVATSKY AND LUCIS TRUST AND ALBERT PIKE:
http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NewAge/Lucis_Trust.htm": This links to a page in an Illuminati conspiracy web site.
* "OCCULT CONNECTIONS IN FREEMASONRY SOURCE:
http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/sitemap.html": This is the official web site of the Grand Lodge of British Columbia and the Yukon. It has extensive links to bibliographies and biographies concerning well known people involved in the occult throughout history, which is probably why Van Nattan refers to "occult connections."
* "FINDHORN FOUNDATION http://www.findhorn.org/ Nutty as a fruit cake": This is a well known New Age organization offering lectures and training: There's nothing "nutty" about it.
* "NEW AGE DIRECTORY http://www.newage-directory.com/": As the title of this link suggests, this links to the New Age Directory
* "NEW AGE JOURNAL http://www.newage.com/Journal/": Links to the web version of New Age Journal magazine.
* "SETI INSTITUTE http://www.seti-inst.edu/": This links to the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence web site. Why Van Nattan included this is a mystery.
* "SUMERIA http://www.livelinks.com/sumeria/
Alternative ideas in health, science, and spirituality": Yes, that's exactly what the on line journal Sumeria is all about. So it is interesting that Van Nattan goes on to all "AND: http://pubpages.unh.edu/~cbsiren/sumer-faq.html Useful for information", as this second link goes to a page about Sumerian mythology. The only link between the two web sites is the title. The contents aren't related at all.
* "AGE OF AQUARIUS: http://www.aquarian-age.net/": Links to a web site with the same name.
* "UTNE READER http://www.utne.com/ Very strange and sometimes useful information": The Utne Reader is a well known literary publication. It would be strange to the illiterate I suppose.
* "WITCHES OF THE WEST http://www.mcs.net/~woad/home.html": This links to a Wiccan networking site.
* "OCCULTISTS UNDER PAIN: http://www.theescapist.com/darkdungeons.htm": The Escapist is a gaming advocacy web site and this article attacks Jack Chick's Dark Dungeons, a tract attacking the Dungeons and Dragons fantasy role playing game. Van Nattan's caption "occultists under pain" appears to be his perception of this article: He thinks that because we are complaining of Chick's publications (and many people certainly do), then we must be in pain.
* "ORDO TEMPLI ORIENTIS http://otohq.org/oto/": An inoperable link to an OTO site.
* "INSPIRATION IS THE IN-BREATH OF SPIRIT http://www.aa.net/~erika/": Link to Rev. Erika Ginnis's Seattle based web site with the same name.
* "ATTACKING THE RELIGIOUS RIGHT AND FUNDAMENTALISTS-
http://ftp.tcp.com/qrd/www/FTR/tblcntnt.html": This is a link to the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force's "Fight the Right Action Kit" web page.
* "NEW AGE INFO BY THEM-- GREAT SOURCE http://www.newageinfo.com/": This link doesn't work.
* "ECKANKAR (tm) EXPOSED http://www.eckankar.org/": This links to the official Ekanar web site.
* "NEW AGE VERY ARTICULATE: http://revealer.com/": This is a link to revealer.com, which has pages on various new age subjects.
* "MINDLESS EXALTATION OF SATAN: http://www.anus.com/altar/": This is a link to someone's Satanic web site exalting Satan.
Next Van Nattan cautions the reader only to venture to the aforementioned sites if "research items" are needed. "This is NOT an area to look for amusement," Van Nattan cautions, "Pray first, pleading the Blood of The Lord Jesus Christ over yourself. Have a friend with you to discipline yourself against evil curiosity." This is followed by a list of "links to saints who are exposing the New Age." This list includes:
* "DELIVERANCE MINISTRY, THOUGH QUESTIONS REMAIN: http://www.demonbuster.com/": There is that Demonbusters site again. Demonbusters.com was the subject of an earlier article in my Witch Hunts series.
* "CONSTANDE CUMBY ON THE NEW AGE:
http://www.pathlights.com/theselastdays/tracts/tract_31c.htm": Constance is a well known evangelical anti-Pagan crusader.
* "NEW AGE AS THE FOUNDATION OF NEW CULTS AND RELIGIONS:
I am sorry about the background, but the content is useful
http://religion-cults.com/Secret/New-Age/New_Age.htm": It is impossible to say how "useful" since this link doesn't work
* "NEVER CONVERSE WITH DEMONS:
This does not imply they cannot be commanded to come out of people.
The problem is, some pastors in 'deliverance ministries' chatter and talk
with devils. This is folly and could result in the deliverer being possessed": This is an article by Christian Frank R Molver on Demons, which mentions Cumby.
* "RAY STEDMAN, NOT KJV, ON WITCHCRAFT IN NEW TESTAMENT:
http://www.pbc.org/dp/stedman/acts/0442.html": This is a link to Stedman's sermon "Off Witchcraft!"
* "David Bay, Director of Old Paths Ministries, a ministry of
Grace Baptist Church on Witchcraft and the Roman Catholic Church:
http://www.cuttingedge.org/ce1059.html": This is a link to Bay's web page "Witchcraft in the White House and in Roman Catholicism".
* "WICCA AND HUMAN SACRIFICE-- A REFORMED EFFORT: http://www.forerunner.com/champion/X0042_What_is_the_Wiccan_r.html [there was a link to this earlier] AND http://www.forerunner.com/champion/X0039_Child_Sacrifice_in_t.html": This is a link to the article "Child Sacrifice in the New Age: Salem's Witch Cult and America's Abortion Industry," by Jay Rogers.
Van Nattan doesn't present any new ideas in his site: He simply recycles the same tired urban legends and shores them up with his intense desire to believe them despite evidence to the contrary. I'm sure that what the rest of us are hoping for is a little blessed quietness on the part of Van Nattan.
Article ID: 8718
Age Group: Adult
Days Up: 4,815
Times Read: 10,929
Location: Surrey, British Columbia
Bio: Kerr Cuhulain the author of this article, is known to the mundane world as Detective Constable Charles Ennis. Ennis, a former child abuse investigator, is the author of several articles on child abuse investigation that appeared in Law & Order Magazine. Better known to the Pagan community by his Wiccan name, Kerr Cuhulain, Ennis was the first Wiccan police officer to go public about his beliefs 28 years ago. Kerr is now the Preceptor General of Officers of Avalon. Kerr went on to write four books: The Law Enforcement Guide to Wicca (Horned Owl Publishing), Wiccan Warrior and Full Contact Magick: A Book of Shadows for the Wiccan Warrior. (Llewellyn Publications), as well as a book based on this series: Witch Hunts: Out of the Broom Closet (Spiral Publishing).
Email Kerr: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Articles: Kerr Cuhulain has posted 182 additional articles- View them?
Other Listings: To view ALL of my listings: Click HERE
Email Kerr Cuhulain... (Yes! I have opted to receive invites to Pagan events, groups, and commercial sales)
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2017 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.
of The World
NOTE: The essay on this page contains the writings and opinions of the listed author(s) and is not necessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
The Witches' Voice does not verify or attest to the historical accuracy contained in the content of this essay.
All WitchVox essays contain a valid email address, feel free to send your comments, thoughts or concerns directly to the listed author(s).