Magic in Daily Life
Article ID: 16031
Age Group: Adult
Days Up: 54
Times Read: 1,273
RSS Views: 9,864
Author: Alexia Moon
Posted: March 30th. 2017
Times Viewed: 1,273
One of the magical aspects in the life of a Witch is how we manage to include magic in everything we do, in our homes, in our cars, at work, on trips, in everyday life. Even the simple task of cooking breakfast can be a magical experience for a Witch! Magic, contrary to popular belief, is everywhere around us and we can use it not only to improve our lifestyle but also to connect more to our magical path and the worship and relationship with the deities or entities we work with.
In this article I intend to address how Magic can be included in our daily lives even in the smallest things, which may be simple but can have a big impact on your experience.
Some tips that you can apply in your day to day:
• When cooking, draw sigils/runes or other symbols with oil so that your food can be charged with your desired energies (health, harmony, prosperity, etc.) .
• When you drink tea or coffee always stir it clockwise to attract positive energies.
• When moving from one house to another never take your old broom with you (the one you use to sweep your floor) . This is a very old tip but useful since it is considered that by taking the old broom to the new house will also take with you the negative energies from your old house. No one wants that, right?
• If you have long hair and a habit of braiding, you will be happy to know that braiding hair can be used as a form of protection. Braiding hair is an ancient practice to protect someone, because the braids will hold the negative energies and, when you release your hair again, the negativity will be gone.
• Anyone that uses makeup can choose to use it in a magical way. When applying lipstick visualize that it will help you to express yourself better or choose a nail color related with goals that you have or areas of life that you want to improve!
• When you finish your shower and begin applying your moisturizer feel free to draw some protection or good luck symbols on your body. By rubbing the cream on your skin you’ll be activating it.
• Have your house protected: Create Witch Bottles, visualize shields around your house, have salt in the corners of the room or on the windows, keep your house organized so that the energy flow can be balanced, open the windows frequently and allow for the bad energies to leave with the Air element, etc.
• Do not be paranoid. Be healthy, work out, be happy. It may sound strange but if you are happy, self-confident, healthy, have a positive attitude towards life the likelihood of something bad reaching you (even more if you followed the previous step and have home and self protections) will be very low. Don’t allow yourself to become an easy target for negative energies.
• Walk with a clove of garlic or onyx stone on you. These objects absorb negative energies and prevent it from influencing you.
• Never run out of salt! It is an old saying that if the salt runs out that back luck will come to that house. For this purpose buy a bag of salt and keep it on a shelf and never use it. So you’ll never run out of salt.
• Keep a dream journal. A small notebook that once you wake up you can write down the dreams you had the night before and analyze them. Your subconscious may have many things to say that may help make decisions or to see certain aspects of your life differently.
• When you get out of bed in the morning and after making your bed, put a small broom under your pillow or in the bed. This will prevent negative energies from lingering in your bed and thus, in the evening, you will have a more restful sleep.
• Take frequent relaxing baths (if you have a bathtub) . Use incense or aromatic oils, candles and crystals. You can even buy a Lush bath bomb, which are not tested on animals and are super relaxing! If you do not have this possibility boil some herbs in water and at the end of your shower or at the beginning, pour it on your body (careful not to burn yourself!) .
• If you have plants at home, on the base of the pot, draw sigils for growth or health to help plants grow better.
• If possible be careful with the position your bed is in and to what cardinal point it is pointing. The north is a symbol of stability, calm, prosperity and rapid recovery from illness. The East is linked to religion and spirituality as to intelligence and freedom of thought. It is also the direction from which the sun rises and there is the thought that we should sleep from east to west, following the natural course. If your head is pointing South you may suffer from insomnia or have diseases more easily. It's not recommended. Finally, sleeping with your head facing West promotes love, spirituality and increases sensitivity and promotes psychic abilities or magic of dreams.
• Avoid having the corners of your house empty. It is an ancient custom to say that the corners of the house are a great place for dormant energies, which end up pilling in the corner and not flowing properly (it's part of the Feng Shui philosophy) . To avoid this place chairs, furniture or even plants in the corners of the house to allow better energy flow.
• Place sigils or other symbols under your carpet to attract positive energy and blessings for all who set foot inside.
• Place a broom upside down against the back of your front door to drive away all those who dislike you or want bad things to happen to you.
• During Spring Cleaning or Autumn Cleaning, wash your windows with vinegar or ammonia. Not only will they be physically clean but you are also inviting Air related energies to bless your home.
• Nail three nails in your home door on the outside, to form a triangle. It may seem silly but it will help to avoid negative energies.
These are just some examples of what I consider practical to apply in one's daily life, especially for those who live in big cities. For more tips I recommend the book "The Magical Household: Spells and Rituals for the Home" by Scott Cunningham which addresses exactly how magic can be applied to our house and daily life.
"The Magical Household: Spells and Rituals for the Home" by Scott Cunnigham
My personal experience
Copyright: Copyright - Alexia Moon (c) 2016-2017
Location: Braga, Portugal
Author's Profile: To learn more about Alexia Moon - Click HERE
Other Listings: To view ALL of my listings: Click HERE
Email Alexia Moon... (Yes! I have opted to receive invites to Pagan events, groups, and commercial sales)
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2017 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.
of The World
NOTE: The essay on this page contains the writings and opinions of the listed author(s) and is not necessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
The Witches' Voice does not verify or attest to the historical accuracy contained in the content of this essay.
All WitchVox essays contain a valid email address, feel free to send your comments, thoughts or concerns directly to the listed author(s).