How To Send Help And Aid To The Troops
Article ID: 6244
Age Group: Adult
Days Up: 5,316
Times Read: 9,692
Author: Pagan Communities
Posted: March 30th. 2003
Times Viewed: 9,692
| How To Send Help And Aid To The Troops And Their Families: |
Defense Department officials asks people to use alternative means of aiding troops other than sending unsolicited care packages.
Federal authorities discontinued several care package programs due to heightened security measures and concerns of possible terrorist attacks.
The restrictions are due to Defense Department standards, and packages and mail sent to "any service member" will probably be returned.
Groups planning to send multiple packages to one service member for disbursement throughout the entire troop are being discouraged by DOD officials from doing this for the cited security reasons.
Federal officials are asking only family members or close friends to send care packages and mail to troops.
Support Groups for Troops:
- Operation Uplink: http://www.operationuplink.org/ -- Sends prepaid phone calling cards to troops.
- USO Cares: http://www.usocares.org -- Sends DOD pre-approved care packages to troops.
- Operation Dear Abby: http://www.OperationDearAbby.net -- Send an email message to the troops.
- Any Service Member Organizaton: http://www.anyservicemember.org
- Defend America: http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
Aid to Military Families:
- The Defense Commissary Agency: http://www.commissaries.com/certificheck/index.htm -- Donate a bag of groceries to a military family.
- Gifts from the Homefront: http:// www.aafes.com/docs/homefront.htm -- Government program that allows families and friends to purchase gift certificates for troops.
- Army Emergency Relief: http://www.aerhq.org/
- Navy and Marines Relief Society: http://www.nmcrs.org
- Air Force Aid Society: http://www.afas.org
- Coast Guard Mutual Assistance: http://www.cgmahq.org
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: http://www.va.gov
Family members and friends can send mail and care packages as outlined below:
- Packages must have a service member's full name, unit and Air/Army Post Office or Fleet Post Office address if one is addressed to the soldier.
- The mail must include the nine-digit ZIP code if one exists for the soldier.
- A return address must be on the package with the recipient's information listed on the lower-right portion of the package and the sender's address on the upper left.
- Certain items are prohibited according to DOD standards:
- Obscene and pornographic material, including naked photos.
- Religious items that may be contrary to the Islamic faith.
- Unauthorized political materials.
- Pork or pork byproducts are banned.
Location: Various, Florida
Other Articles: Pagan Communities has posted 95 additional articles- View them?
Other Listings: To view ALL of my listings: Click HERE
Email Pagan Communities... (No, I have NOT opted to receive Pagan Invites! Please do NOT send me anonymous invites to groups, sales and events.)
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2017 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren’s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches’ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.
of The World
NOTE: The essay on this page contains the writings and opinions of the listed author(s) and is not necessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
The Witches' Voice does not verify or attest to the historical accuracy contained in the content of this essay.
All WitchVox essays contain a valid email address, feel free to send your comments, thoughts or concerns directly to the listed author(s).