Witchvox Site Notes
Year: 2006 ...
Witchvox Site Notes - August, 2006
Year: 2005 ...
100% to the Help the Animals Affected by Katrina...
Avalon Delivers, Pagan Authors Give it up, N.O. News, Wvox Etest...
Pagans Jump to Help Victims of Katrina...
100%: Donations in Your Name!
Site Notes - Jan 2005
New Look, New Countries, Pagan Painters and Your Writings!
Web Notes: May '05 - FPG, Gray Hair, Kerr, Chris, FAQs...
100%: Donations in Your Name!
Katrina: Witchvox Cash Tally (full audit)...
February Webnotes: 8 Years Online... 10 Years in Love!
100% Pledge Continues...
Site Notes - August 2005
This Week at Witchvox
Year: 2002 ...
70 Million Pages!
Year: 2001 ...
Some Thoughts on National Leaders?
NOTE: For a complete list of articles related to this chapter... Visit the Main Index FOR this section.
Witchvox Site Notes - August, 2006|
Author: Fritz [a WitchVox Sponsor]
Posted: August 6th. 2006
Times Viewed: 5,128
Greetings Witches, Pagans, Wiccans and Heathens,
It's been many a moon since we've communicated changes here at TWV. Allow us to bring you up to date.
- Our Cherished Editors: For the first time in years our editorial staff took a well deserved week off to attend a festival - This week we will feature the top 20 essays (below), based on page views, posted so far this year. - We deeply thank Diotima, Runewolf, Jessica, Falcon, Magdala, Teresa and Catherine for their dedication and faithfulness in keeping the essay section of Witchvox fresh and alive. - NOTE: at present we are backed up with over 130 essays and articles - If you've submitted an article it will be weeks before it is featured.
We take this opportunity to again thank Christina for her help with Wren's Nest earlier this year - We love all creatures Aubin.
- Global E-test Complete: Last weekend we sent out email tests to the 110,754 active accounts that drive the hundreds of thousands of listings here at Witchvox. - 13,415 were returned; RE: user unknown, mailbox full etc. - Those accounts and attached listings have been removed. - We do this cleansing ritual annually to keep the 'Witches of the World' section at TWV as clean and useful as possible. - If your listing(s) is gone - kindly create a new account with a working email address.
- Verizon.net Email addys: - Three days ago we (finally!) solved the issue where accounts with verizon.net email address were NOT getting mail from the Witchvox server. To figure this out we had to become a verizon.net customer and work with them for hours. Sadly, this was more painful than necessary. Mercifully, this is now fixed.
- Witchvox Tampa: - In late June, The Witches' Voice office was moved from Clearwater to Tampa, Florida - the new Witchvox mailing address can be found on the bottom of all pages here.
- Witchvox Traffic: The Witches' Voice continues to see an incredible amount of traffic on a daily basis and many sections of TWV have hit new highs. - The Kerr Cuhlain 'Witch Hunts' Series has generated over 1.2 million reads to date, Wren's Nest News has experienced nearly 26 million views and the overall site page views stat is at 217 million. - The recently cleaned up 'Witches of the World' section, continues to be our busiest section and the wotw pages have been consumed 10's of millions of times - You've built an amazing global Pagan resource, give yourselves a round of applause.
- Witchvox Financial Status: This site/organization can offer news and networking to the world thanks to those that have supportted this organization by becoming Witchvox sponsors - We deeply thank those of you that HAVE sponsored Witchvox over the past 9 years. Financially, Witchvox IS stable and our biggest expense - http://www.witchvox.ws (our webserver) is 'paid in full' for until June of 2007 - Since no staff member has ever taken a penny for their work here we have no need to solicit sponsorship in a big way.
- Bicca/Bitchcraft: - As one of the busiest sites on the Pagan net, a day doesn't go by without receiving emails warning, bitching or complaining about the 'agendas' of others in our communities. - Some are legitimate concerns - many are local WitchWars.... For countless reasons, we can't/don't get involved directly in these issues - we DO draw the line at documented illegal behavior. Be careful out there! - Our communities ARE infested with Takers, Thieves and Opportunists... Their egos/wallets want your attention/money. - Don't take magickal advice or 'training' from those that don't have THEIR house in order. There ARE wonderful Pagans out there - and they are easy to spot if you know what to look for.
- 'round the Pagan web: We take this time and space to celebrate the life and work of Tina Coutu (avatarsearch.com) - may her memory never fade!
Quick observations: Many of the bigger 'community' sites have gone dead or disappeared over the past couple of years - Countless Personal Blogs, message boards and yahoo groups continue to see most of the Pagan Net traffic. - RSS feeds continue to be big - the combined Witchvox and Wren's Nest rss feeds see over a quarter of a million grabs/calls a week. Initial testing, reveals that our rss feeds do not work with IE7 beta - We will put some work into that. - Pagan Audio/Podcast sites are also on the rise. - Pagan retailing continues to suffer from the 'more vendors than customers' reality of the past 4 years - Pagan 'shops' have been 'dropping like flies' of late - leaving many a customer NOT holding the bag, they paid for - Be careful with whom you give your money to.
The WV staff would like to thank our sponsors, and all the good folks in our communities that give their time and energies for the betterment of the all - You've built something amazing here - We thank you for your magick.
In your service,
The Witches' Voice Inc.
August 6th., 2006
Article ID: 11046
Age Group: Adult
Days Up: 4,795
Times Read: 5,128
RSS Views: 61,054
Location: Clearwater¼ v2, Florida
Author's Profile: To learn more about Fritz - Click HERE
Other Articles: Fritz has posted 47 additional articles- View them?
Other Listings: To view ALL of my listings: Click HERE
Email Fritz... (Yes! I have opted to receive invites to Pagan events, groups, and commercial sales)
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2019 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections
(including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.)
are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc.
TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.
of The World
NOTE: The essay on this page contains the writings and opinions of the listed author(s) and is not necessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
The Witches' Voice does not verify or attest to the historical accuracy contained in the content of this essay.
All WitchVox essays contain a valid email address, feel free to send your comments, thoughts or concerns directly to the listed author(s).