Witchvox Site Notes
Year: 2006 ...
Witchvox Site Notes - August, 2006
Year: 2005 ...
100% to the Help the Animals Affected by Katrina...
Avalon Delivers, Pagan Authors Give it up, N.O. News, Wvox Etest...
Pagans Jump to Help Victims of Katrina...
100%: Donations in Your Name!
Site Notes - Jan 2005
New Look, New Countries, Pagan Painters and Your Writings!
Web Notes: May '05 - FPG, Gray Hair, Kerr, Chris, FAQs...
100%: Donations in Your Name!
Katrina: Witchvox Cash Tally (full audit)...
February Webnotes: 8 Years Online... 10 Years in Love!
Site Notes - August 2005
100% Pledge Continues...
This Week at Witchvox
Year: 2002 ...
70 Million Pages!
Year: 2001 ...
Some Thoughts on National Leaders?
NOTE: For a complete list of articles related to this chapter... Visit the Main Index FOR this section.
February Webnotes: 8 Years Online... 10 Years in Love!|
Author: Fritz [a WitchVox Sponsor]
Posted: February 20th. 2005
Times Viewed: 4,156
Has it been 8 years now? Wow! You have built a world-class presence for the Neo-Pagan communities on the World-Wide Web. -- Good show! Respect!
In this month notes I will attempt to catch you up on the countless changes here at the Witches' Voice as well as offer some thoughts about what has been happening here at 'Witchvox Central' both personally and professionally.
Gussied Up: We spent some time last weekend changing the front page look and setting it up for insta-changes in the future. - Back are more faces (Witchvox Sponsors) and more features. - We do love faces! Actually there have been hundreds of changes and tweaks made all over the site.
New 'YOU' Menu: Added to the top of every page at Witchvox is a 'YOU' menu that will give you a quick path to Your account, new password and other helpful resources related to YOUR listings. -- Witchvox really IS all about YOU and has been for over 8 years. Thank YOU for all you are doing.
Screaming Speed: Late last month we installed the Zend Cache System here at www.witchvox.ws... Since our MYsql server was processing some 4 MILLION 'calls' per day (to build /populate the page requests) it was clear that it needed some serious relief. The Zend Platform saved the day... This means we can beef up the Witchvox front page with features and it will stay cached at the server level for 8 minutes. Bottom line. 98% of you will see a dramatic improvement in page load time on our busiest page.
Witchvox sponsorships helped us to afford this tool. - Our profound thanks to those of you that support this site can never be overstated. - Thank YOU.
New Article Structure: Big time background changes in how we work with your essays, articles and Pagan passages announcements... Essentially, the front page of TWV is now 'auto fed' and updates every Sunday morn' at 12:01 am... Note: We are a few weeks backlogged, so if you've submitted something, expect to see it in 2-4 weeks. If you have submitted several essays, do know that we may hold them for the future in a effort to feature many different works. Keep those positive and inspiring articles coming. -
To submit an article simply read the Submission Guidelines, log in, choose 'add listing' and pick the 'Your article or Essay form'. - Our profound thanks go out to Dio and Runewolf for their selfless dedication and timeliness in processing your wonderful words.
Wren's Nest: A few weeks ago we implemented mandatory log in for folks to leave their comments on the Wren's Nest articles... For several reasons, this was a long time coming and posters no longer have to type in their name/location or email when commenting or responding via email to other posters.
It's worth noting that to post near anything on Witchvox you will need to have a Witchvox Account. - It's also worth noting that you do not need a Vox account to view ANY of the content on this site.
Witchvox Message Board: A popular question in email continues to be... 'Where is the Witchvox message board?'. Fact is we had one from 96-98 back in the days when MBs were rare and truly needed. - These days the Pagan web is dominated BY MBs. For us to offer a MB would be redundant to say the least. - For a massive list of Pagan Message boards visit the vast Witchvox 'VoxLinks' Pages.
Pagan Passages: Over the past few years, some of the most giving and honorable Pagans we know have bowed out gracfully from our community. To say this is a tragedy would be an understatement. It's never a 'dramatic departure' with this type... They simply go away. Many speak of 'burn out' and we sure hear that... Personally, we no longer give any energy to those looking to pick fights or with a bitch/zero sollution agenda. Rude, demanding or baiting email is deleted on sight.
Round the Pagan Web... These past few weeks I dedicated some time to actually get out on the Pagan web (it's been years) - I hope to offer my thoughts on this experience in a few weeks.
How are *we* doing?
Many of you have emailed us asking if we are ok or why you haven't seen much of us on the site. - Over the past few years Wren and I have offered little about our personal life here on TWV. Frankly speaking, we never really thought it of interest, but, judging by recent email some of you ARE curious, so here is the latest.
- Wren and I recently celebrated our 10th anniversary... We are blessed in so many ways and hopelessly in love.
- We love our cats - Ruby (9 yrs.) and the twins (2 yrs.); D'Jinn Jin and Leelu (black as crows) - The rule around here is 'Whatever they want... They get'. Even their cribs have cribs.
- We still live in our small 3rd floor apartment overlooking 'the pond', but thanks to Wren's amazing decorating skills, it's in a constant state of change and is always magickal... She's amazing! Recent enhancements include dozens of 'creepy' ceremonial masks from all over the world via Wren's savvy eBay purchases.
- In November I had two kidney stones (one in each kidney) blasted out via two separate 'sonic crushing' magickal sessions - Discovered I am now allergic to Morphine - A shame that! - Tis the only thing I used to 'enjoy' at the hospital.
- In December I helped move my employer (Dean Guitars) from a 22k square foot facility to a massive 110k building in Tampa. As the only IT guy, this meant 7 days a week/12 hours a day for a 6 week period. - The new digs are amazing. - My boss is a very good man and one that I am honored to work for.
- In December we mourned the murder of our good friend and endorsee 'Dimebag Darrell' - A greater shock we have never experienced.
- Dean guitars just launched a new brand of guitars for the ladies... Luna Guitars were introduced at the big trade show in L.A. last month - Due to their magickal stylings, I do believe that these guitars may be of interest to our communities and will offer more details when they are ready to ship to a music store near you in a few months.
- We traded in the 'Witch Mobile' (a 9 year old Honda Accord LX) for a shinny new 2005 Accord EX w/ leather and satellite radio. We LOVE 'Witch Mobile II' and it's bitchen features.
- Wren's daughter Skye is stable at this time and will be down here to see her Mama next month with her husband Rob (their first visit in years).
- Wren continues to surf for news of interest to our communities... Her dedication in doing this (12, 251 articles posted to date) is inspiring. Thanks Honey.
- My Father 'Lt. Col. H. F. Jung Jr.' (Pilot: 27 years in the Air Force, three wars, p51's to KC-135's) - is dying after some 82 years of life. - My folks live an hour away so we visit often. They still smoke and drink and have since they were teens. - Really good people - I am a very luckly Witch.
- We are homebodies and retired from all 'appearances' back in '02 - We are honored by the generous invites that we continue to receive but kindly note that we prefer to stay home these days. Sadly we must decline these wonderful offers.
- Our outside social life consists of bi-monthly visits to chez' Waterhawk - two hours south of there. We honor their friendship and honesty.
- This weekend Wren took me shopping (we both hate shopping) - For the past ten years all my clothes have come from Goodwill at 1-3 bucks each... Great stuff actually, but it was time for a new wardrobe.
- When we do get a few hours to 'self-enduldge' we do 'DVDs' - A few years back I sold all my musical gear to get us a wide screen high-def TV. Since then, and like many of you, we have built an impressive collection of our fave films.
Well, that's about it for this month. I am proud to say that *we* are on a tear, so look for many changes, bug fixes, enhancements and new sections in the weeks to come. As always feel free to EMAIL us with any and all suggestions you have regarding this community resource.
In Your Service,
'Just another Pagan' at...
The Witches' Voice
Article ID: 9028
Age Group: Adult
Days Up: 3,885
Times Read: 4,156
Location: Clearwater¼ v2, Florida
Other Articles: Fritz has posted 47 additional articles- View them?
Other Listings: To view ALL of my listings: Click HERE
Email Fritz... (No, I have NOT opted to receive Pagan Invites! Please do NOT send me anonymous invites to groups, sales and events.)
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2015 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.
of The World
NOTE: The essay on this page contains the writings and opinions of the listed author(s) and is not necessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
The Witches' Voice does not verify or attest to the historical accuracy contained in the content of this essay.
All WitchVox essays contain a valid email address, feel free to send your comments, thoughts or concerns directly to the listed author(s).