A Comunity Working on a Vaccine
Article ID: 2106
Age Group: Adult
Days Up: 5,909
Times Read: 17,198
Posted: January 4th. 1998
Times Viewed: 17,198
Without Your help, There is no Solution
Think about it and make a stand!
What Can YOU Do?
Conflict Resolution is hardly exclusive to the Craft. Check out the following links for more info that could help with your opportunities:
- Address the real issues, NOT the personalities. Breath deeply and deal with it. Don't resort to name-calling. If you cannot remain calm, do not remain there at all. Graciously take your leave and agree to discuss this further on another day. Nothing will be resolved by wrestling in the mud pit-Everyone comes out looking dirty.
- Refuse to be forced into taking sides. Listen to BOTH sides. The look on the faces of some folks when you say, "Well, I guess I will just to go talk to so-and-so myself. May I quote you?", is really priceless!
- Stop fueling the gossip circles. If you weren't there, don't talk about it. If you WERE there, don't talk about it. The only time that it is productive to discuss the situation is either during real mediation or when all else fails. Make sure that you really HAVE tried "all else"! Otherwise, you will just look petty.
- Even if you are *right*, it is wise to allow the other person(s) some room to save face. This can be a real effective method towards long term healing.
- What's wrong with a good old fashion appology? We are talking a REAL appoloy here folks. If you appologize and don't mean it, do us all a favor and don't bother.
- Everybody plays the fool sometimes..." So... Do it and Do it now! Humor is a great way to defuse tension. Use this tool often! But use it wisely. While satire is the great "leveler of the lofty, " cruelty is unbecoming in anyone!
- Demand a financial statement from groups that are soliciting your hard earned money. You have a right to know-they have an obligation to tell you.
- Try looking for the good in people... Even those on the "other side" of the situation.
- Honest and sensitive communication is always a good way to start. Don't just assume the other person is "out to get you." They also may have only heard one side of the situation. Don't look for enemies. Try to find common ground.
- Look for the Flags: If your leader is damanding your respect... Always know that you have the option to leave. If they are leader of an Organization and they say "I" allot (go ahead! Count that latest piece of email) when refering to the group do know that this approach speaks volumes about their real agenda.
- Understand that your opinion is one of the things that makes YOU unique. But it doesn't mean that you are always right-or always wrong. Neither is the other guy!
- Be truly honest with yourself. Don't condone lying at any level in your life. Work at this 24/7.
- Be aware that when people feel challenged, defensiveness is often a first reflex. Try to learn to give people time and space to recognise your desire to understand and make things better before you respond to a defensive posture with fighting words.
- If your "leader" justifies "Pagan Standard Time". Find a new Leader, one that will show the group some respect!
- Try to understand why there are so many different opinions and try real hard. Walk a mile in their shoes.
- Print this list out and give it to every Witch you know
- Send us any sollutions that we have missed. We will add them to this page at once.
- Get a life! If your life is dominated by bitching about our problems, then you just aren't busy enough trying to work out a solution. Do something, anything, with some real depth to try to make the situation better. Tabloid papers are usually cheap. So is tabloid talk.
Witch Wars will not go away UNLESS we deal with them! We ARE a community in change! We don't ask for much here at the Witches' Voice, but...We are asking for any Plans that YOU may have. It really is about choices and YOU get to make them. Never forget... We ARE making this up as we go along, all of us, everyday. Perhaps, working together, we can begin to enjoy our own diversity instead of constantly fighting over it.
In Her Service and Yours,
Wren Waker & Fritz Jung
Co-Founders - The Witches' Voice
January, 4th, 1998
Location: Clearwater¼ v2, Florida
Other Articles: Fritz has posted 46 additional articles- View them?
Other Listings: To view ALL of my listings: Click HERE
Email Fritz... (No, I have NOT opted to receive Pagan Invites! Please do NOT send me anonymous invites to groups, sales and events.)
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2014 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.
of The World
NOTE: The essay on this page contains the writings and opinions of the listed author(s) and is not necessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
The Witches' Voice does not verify or attest to the historical accuracy contained in the content of this essay.
All WitchVox essays contain a valid email address, feel free to send your comments, thoughts or concerns directly to the listed author(s).