Articles/Essays From Pagans
February 1st. 2019 ...
Paganism and Witchcraft in the Media
September 25th. 2018 ...
Understanding the Unseen
August 25th. 2018 ...
A Little Magickal History
Men and the Goddess
Back to Basics Witchcraft: Magical Creativity for Small Living Spaces
Kitchen Magic and Memories
Why the Faeries?
Magic in Daily Life
An Open Fire: Healing from Within
Cernunnos: The Darkest Wood in the Moon's Light
Gudrun of the Victory Gods
Ares and Athena
La Santa Muerte... The Stigma and the Strength
The Lady on the Stairs
The Wheel of the Year in Our Daily Lives
July 26th. 2018 ...
The Importance of Unification: Bringing Together Community Members to Invoke Cohesivity
May 29th. 2018 ...
Wild Mountain Woman: Landscape Goddess
April 20th. 2018 ...
Nazis Made Us Change Our Name
January 25th. 2018 ...
Finding Balance: Discipline Wedded to Devotion
November 15th. 2017 ...
September 30th. 2017 ...
July 31st. 2017 ...
Sin Eaters and Dream Walkers
July 2nd. 2017 ...
On Cursing: Politics and Ethos
June 1st. 2017 ...
The Sacred Ego in Mediterranean Magical Traditions
April 30th. 2017 ...
Tarot Talk: the Knight of Pentacles
March 30th. 2017 ...
Tarot Talk: the Ace of Swords
January 10th. 2017 ...
The Gray of 'Tween
Becoming a Sacred Dancer
Little Dog, Big Love
December 9th. 2016 ...
A Child's First Yule
November 10th. 2016 ...
What Exactly Is Witchcraft?
A Witch in the Bible Belt: Questions are Opportunities
On Death and Passing: Compassion Burnout in Healers and Shamans
What I Get from Cooking (And How it’s Part of My Path)
September 11th. 2016 ...
The Shadow of Disgust
August 12th. 2016 ...
When Reality Rattles your Idea of the Perfect Witch
Hungarian Belief in Fairies
Designing a Pagan Last Will and Testament
July 13th. 2016 ...
What Every Pagan Should Know About Curses
Magic With A Flick of my Finger
Finding and Caring for Your Frame Drum
An Open Mind and Heart
June 13th. 2016 ...
Living a Magickal Life with Fibromyalgia
My Father, My First God
Life is Awesome... and the Flu
May 15th. 2016 ...
Faery Guided Journey
Working with the Elements
April 2nd. 2016 ...
The Fear of Witchcraft
Magic in Sentences
March 28th. 2016 ...
Revisiting The Spiral
January 22nd. 2016 ...
Coming Out of the Broom Closet
December 20th. 2015 ...
Magia y Wicca
October 24th. 2015 ...
Feeling the Pulse of Autumn
October 16th. 2015 ...
Sacred Lands, Sacred Hearts
September 30th. 2015 ...
September 16th. 2015 ...
Vegan or Vegetarian? The Ethical Debate
August 6th. 2015 ...
Lost - A Pagan Parent's Tale
July 9th. 2015 ...
Love Spells: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
The Magic of Weather
June 7th. 2015 ...
A Pagan Altar
A Minority of a Minority of a Minority
May 6th. 2015 ...
13 Keys: The Crown of Kether
March 29th. 2015 ...
A Thread in the Tapestry of Witchcraft
March 28th. 2015 ...
On Wiccan Magick, Theurgy, Thaumaturgy and Setting Expectations
March 1st. 2015 ...
Choosing to Write a Shadow Book
February 1st. 2015 ...
Seeker Advice From a Coven Leader
January 1st. 2015 ...
Manipulation of the Concept of Witchcraft
Broomstick to the Emerald City
October 20th. 2014 ...
Thoughts on Conjuring Spirits
October 5th. 2014 ...
The History of the Sacred Circle
September 28th. 2014 ...
Seeking Pagan Lands for Pagan Burials
Creating a Healing Temple
August 31st. 2014 ...
Coven vs. Solitary
August 24th. 2014 ...
The Pagan Cleric
A Gathering of Sorcerers (A Strange Tale)
August 17th. 2014 ...
To Know, to Will, to Dare...
On Grief: Beacons of Light in the Shadows
NOTE: For a complete list of articles related to this chapter... Visit the Main Index FOR this section.
Reincarnation: An Introduction
Article ID: 14535
Age Group: Adult
Days Up: 2,788
Times Read: 3,109
RSS Views: 42,694
Author: Stewart Bitkoff
Posted: July 3rd. 2011
Times Viewed: 3,109
Q: What would you like to say about reincarnation? Is this something, from your framework that you accept or believe?
Once again, it does not matter what a traveler believes; the operative aspect, is if this is a reality or potential of the situation?
Because much has been written about reincarnation and much has been proliferated as a control mechanism, we will discuss those issues most pertinent to our present western life.
However before beginning, it is important to keep in mind, that in some societies, this teaching was used, and is used as a method to control a population by declaring something like, “Travelers must be content with their present status because it is what they earned, and in future lives they have unlimited potential and can gain in material benefits.”
We must remember the use of a religious teaching by a social institution to control a population is nothing new and goes on all around us everyday. Part of the purpose of the present work is to help point out some conditions under which this occurs and offer the traveler another direction.
From the mystical perspective, many accept reincarnation. We were born, and came into the earth phase to learn and advance. Then, after completing this learning we move on to something else. This ‘something else’ is spiritual and may involve going over what we have learned and making a decision, in accord with the higher elements and the higher destiny of the universe, about the next phase. This may or may not involve reentering the earth phase. This process may be repeated many times or something else might occur depending upon individual destiny and personal preference.
The final destination is to merge with the Absolute and return completed, to assume our role as the son/daughter of a King.
Depending upon a specific teaching, all souls incarnate or move from one spiritual reality to another. Also, most religions accept that great souls return to the earth phase to help others reach higher. The monotheisms acknowledge this aspect, as well. Presently, those who follow specific monotheistic teachings are awaiting the return of the Messiah. However, according to mystical tradition, specific teachings about reincarnation were left out of the Bible. It is suggested by some sources this was done to strengthen the role of the clergy. Further, it is suggested that if the average traveler became more aware of their own latent spirituality, they might be less reliant upon others. Once again, this view is presented as an alternate.
A popular view is that one can reincarnate into a lower life form if this is justified by one’s action. This is not accurate. Always, we are evolving higher.
Note the following points about reincarnation.
- Travelers reincarnate, or come back to the earth phase as an improved version of themselves. In the spiritual realm, a decision is made about the next place and may include a return to the earth phase. Souls are not forced to reincarnate: they must want to do this. Remember, we are all spirits with free will.
- Souls incarnate into higher realms on the return journey back to the Absolute.
- The earth phase is a special place to learn and souls look forward to incarnating here. This phase is a place for many experiences, fun activities and possibilities.
- Souls incarnate to learn specific lessons of which there are many. 1) Some to change or balance specific behaviors or others to 2) validate, to themselves, their learning in a specific area. Whether or not, a soul is in a change or validation incarnation is independent of present level of spirituality.
- Generally, we do not remember past lives because this would distract us, cause us pain, or be a source of false pride. We bring with us into this incarnation what we need to make this particular journey. In this process, there is no punishment; we advance based upon our individual effort and the mercy of God.
- Each day, we are reborn into a new life and have the opportunity to learn, change and move forward. Travelers forget that each day is a beginning.
- This process is intended as a blessing, not a punishment “until we get it right”. Most of the laws that govern this process remain hidden and are a mystery.
- Usually, we get a choice, within certain limits, as to the circumstances under which (sex, race, and location) and with whom we wish to incarnate. According to tradition, there are four Masters of Reincarnation that guide and help souls with this process.
- In the cosmic journey, each soul is reaching higher to become the best version of itself. It is said that the return journey back to the Absolute, for many, begins in this earth realm.
- For spiritual learning, the earth phase is a very special place. Because of the pull of the physical reality, a friction is created between the physical and spiritual. This friction increases the potential for spiritual learning.
When like the fire's smoke
We have faded into the night
It will only be God's Love
That will Guide us Home.
It is time to go.
The sun leads toward the west.
Let us follow clothed in love.
We go to a quiet, joyous place.
Here you can wash your hair with sunlight
And our spirits can live on morning air.
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Author's Profile: To learn more about Stewart Bitkoff - Click HERE
Other Articles: Stewart Bitkoff has posted 32 additional articles- View them?
Other Listings: To view ALL of my listings: Click HERE
Email Stewart Bitkoff... (No, I have NOT opted to receive Pagan Invites! Please do NOT send me anonymous invites to groups, sales and events.)
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2019 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections
(including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.)
are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc.
TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.
of The World
NOTE: The essay on this page contains the writings and opinions of the listed author(s) and is not necessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
The Witches' Voice does not verify or attest to the historical accuracy contained in the content of this essay.
All WitchVox essays contain a valid email address, feel free to send your comments, thoughts or concerns directly to the listed author(s).