Articles/Essays From Pagans
September 16th. 2015 ...
Sacred Lands, Sacred Hearts
Nature Worship: or Seeing the Trees for the Ents
Vegan or Vegetarian? The Ethical Debate
Weeds and Seeds
August 6th. 2015 ...
Lost - A Pagan Parent's Tale
July 9th. 2015 ...
Love Spells: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
The Magic of Weather
June 7th. 2015 ...
A Pagan Altar
The Consort: Silent Partner or Hidden in Plain Sight?
A Minority of a Minority of a Minority
Why I Bother With Ritual: Poetry and Eikonic Atheism
May 6th. 2015 ...
Sex, Lies, and Witches: Love in a Time of Wiccans and Atheists
Gods, Myth, and Ritual in Naturalistic Paganism
I Claim Cronehood
13 Keys: The Crown of Kether
March 29th. 2015 ...
A Thread in the Tapestry of Witchcraft
March 28th. 2015 ...
On Wiccan Magick, Theurgy, Thaumaturgy and Setting Expectations
March 1st. 2015 ...
Choosing to Write a Shadow Book
Historiolae: The Spell Within the Story
My Concept Of Grey
February 1st. 2015 ...
Seeker Advice From a Coven Leader
The Three Centers of Paganism
Magick is No Illusion
The Ancient Use of God/Goddess Surnames
The Gods of My Heart
January 1st. 2015 ...
The Six Most Valuable Lessons I've Learned on My Path as a Witch
Manipulation of the Concept of Witchcraft
Publicly Other: Witchcraft in the Suburbs
Pagans All Around Us
Broomstick to the Emerald City
October 20th. 2014 ...
Thoughts on Conjuring Spirits
A Microcosmic View of Ma'at
October 5th. 2014 ...
The History of the Sacred Circle
Abandoning Expectations and Remembering Your Roots
September 28th. 2014 ...
Seeking Pagan Lands for Pagan Burials
Creating a Healing Temple
September 20th. 2014 ...
GOD AND ME (A Pagan's Personal Reply to the New Atheists)
September 7th. 2014 ...
Deer Man- A Confounding Mystery
August 31st. 2014 ...
Coven vs. Solitary
A Strange Waking Dream
August 24th. 2014 ...
Thoughts on Cultural and Spiritual Appropriation
The Pagan Cleric
A Gathering of Sorcerers (A Strange Tale)
August 17th. 2014 ...
To Know, to Will, to Dare...
On Grief: Beacons of Light in the Shadows
August 10th. 2014 ...
As a Pagan, How Do I Represent My Path?
The Power of the Gorgon
August 3rd. 2014 ...
Are You a Natural Witch?
You Have to Believe We Are Magic...
July 27th. 2014 ...
Did I Just Draw Down the Moon?
Astrological Ages and the Great Astrological End-Time Cycle
The New Jersey Finishing School for Would-Be Glamour Girls and Boys
July 20th. 2014 ...
Being an Underage Wiccan
Greed, Power, Witches, and the Inquisition
Malleus Maleficarum - The Hammer of the Witches
Thoughts on Ghost Hunting
July 13th. 2014 ...
A World Of Witchcraft: Belief Is Only The Beginning...
From Christian to Pagan (Part III)
My Wiccan Ways...
July 6th. 2014 ...
Keys: Opening the Portals into Other Worlds
The Lore of the Door
Leaves of Love
June 29th. 2014 ...
What Does the Bible Say About Witches and Pagans?
Everything's Alright, Yes: Mary Magdalene
Are You My Familiar ?
Invocations of the God and Goddess
Results Magic and the Moral Compass
June 22nd. 2014 ...
Witchcraft vs. Religion
Christianity and Paganism: Why All Of the Fighting?
June 15th. 2014 ...
Becoming Your Own Wise One
Canine Familiars: Role of the Alpha
June 8th. 2014 ...
Moral Relativism and Wicca
Paganism in Cebu, Philippines
NOTE: For a complete list of articles related to this chapter... Visit the Main Index FOR this section.
Reincarnation: An Introduction
Article ID: 14535
Age Group: Adult
Days Up: 1,560
Times Read: 2,510
RSS Views: 42,694
Author: Stewart Bitkoff
Posted: July 3rd. 2011
Times Viewed: 2,510
Q: What would you like to say about reincarnation? Is this something, from your framework that you accept or believe?
Once again, it does not matter what a traveler believes; the operative aspect, is if this is a reality or potential of the situation?
Because much has been written about reincarnation and much has been proliferated as a control mechanism, we will discuss those issues most pertinent to our present western life.
However before beginning, it is important to keep in mind, that in some societies, this teaching was used, and is used as a method to control a population by declaring something like, “Travelers must be content with their present status because it is what they earned, and in future lives they have unlimited potential and can gain in material benefits.”
We must remember the use of a religious teaching by a social institution to control a population is nothing new and goes on all around us everyday. Part of the purpose of the present work is to help point out some conditions under which this occurs and offer the traveler another direction.
From the mystical perspective, many accept reincarnation. We were born, and came into the earth phase to learn and advance. Then, after completing this learning we move on to something else. This ‘something else’ is spiritual and may involve going over what we have learned and making a decision, in accord with the higher elements and the higher destiny of the universe, about the next phase. This may or may not involve reentering the earth phase. This process may be repeated many times or something else might occur depending upon individual destiny and personal preference.
The final destination is to merge with the Absolute and return completed, to assume our role as the son/daughter of a King.
Depending upon a specific teaching, all souls incarnate or move from one spiritual reality to another. Also, most religions accept that great souls return to the earth phase to help others reach higher. The monotheisms acknowledge this aspect, as well. Presently, those who follow specific monotheistic teachings are awaiting the return of the Messiah. However, according to mystical tradition, specific teachings about reincarnation were left out of the Bible. It is suggested by some sources this was done to strengthen the role of the clergy. Further, it is suggested that if the average traveler became more aware of their own latent spirituality, they might be less reliant upon others. Once again, this view is presented as an alternate.
A popular view is that one can reincarnate into a lower life form if this is justified by one’s action. This is not accurate. Always, we are evolving higher.
Note the following points about reincarnation.
- Travelers reincarnate, or come back to the earth phase as an improved version of themselves. In the spiritual realm, a decision is made about the next place and may include a return to the earth phase. Souls are not forced to reincarnate: they must want to do this. Remember, we are all spirits with free will.
- Souls incarnate into higher realms on the return journey back to the Absolute.
- The earth phase is a special place to learn and souls look forward to incarnating here. This phase is a place for many experiences, fun activities and possibilities.
- Souls incarnate to learn specific lessons of which there are many. 1) Some to change or balance specific behaviors or others to 2) validate, to themselves, their learning in a specific area. Whether or not, a soul is in a change or validation incarnation is independent of present level of spirituality.
- Generally, we do not remember past lives because this would distract us, cause us pain, or be a source of false pride. We bring with us into this incarnation what we need to make this particular journey. In this process, there is no punishment; we advance based upon our individual effort and the mercy of God.
- Each day, we are reborn into a new life and have the opportunity to learn, change and move forward. Travelers forget that each day is a beginning.
- This process is intended as a blessing, not a punishment “until we get it right”. Most of the laws that govern this process remain hidden and are a mystery.
- Usually, we get a choice, within certain limits, as to the circumstances under which (sex, race, and location) and with whom we wish to incarnate. According to tradition, there are four Masters of Reincarnation that guide and help souls with this process.
- In the cosmic journey, each soul is reaching higher to become the best version of itself. It is said that the return journey back to the Absolute, for many, begins in this earth realm.
- For spiritual learning, the earth phase is a very special place. Because of the pull of the physical reality, a friction is created between the physical and spiritual. This friction increases the potential for spiritual learning.
When like the fire's smoke
We have faded into the night
It will only be God's Love
That will Guide us Home.
It is time to go.
The sun leads toward the west.
Let us follow clothed in love.
We go to a quiet, joyous place.
Here you can wash your hair with sunlight
And our spirits can live on morning air.
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Author's Profile: To learn more about Stewart Bitkoff - Click HERE
Other Articles: Stewart Bitkoff has posted 32 additional articles- View them?
Other Listings: To view ALL of my listings: Click HERE
Email Stewart Bitkoff... (No, I have NOT opted to receive Pagan Invites! Please do NOT send me anonymous invites to groups, sales and events.)
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2015 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.
of The World
NOTE: The essay on this page contains the writings and opinions of the listed author(s) and is not necessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
The Witches' Voice does not verify or attest to the historical accuracy contained in the content of this essay.
All WitchVox essays contain a valid email address, feel free to send your comments, thoughts or concerns directly to the listed author(s).