Old Teen Essays
NOTE: The essay on this page contains the writings and opinions of the listed author(s) and is not necessarily shared or endorsed by the Witches' Voice inc.
The Witches' Voice does not verify or attest to the historical accuracy contained in the content of this essay.
All WitchVox essays contain a valid email address, feel free to send your comments, thoughts or concerns directly to the listed author(s).
Posted: Jan. 2, 2005
||This Page Viewed: 64,312
Editorial Submission Guidelines (updated 1/21/2007)
Thank you for considering writing for The Witches’ Voice. Our intent is to give the Pagan/Wiccan/Heathen community a place to have their voices heard, and to that end we will publish any essay that conforms to the guidelines below.
Please read these guidelines carefully. Due to the volume of submissions, we can no longer give personalized advice on how to make your essay suitable for publication, nor can we correct grammar, capitalization, etc. The essay must be ready for publication as submitted.
We do not require a professional level of writing, but we do insist that the essay be well thought out, well organized and written with care and attention to proper grammar, spelling and syntax. There are plenty of online resources on how to write an essay -- you may want to Google “how to write an essay” or you can start with these sites:
In addition to these basic tips on writing, there are a few specific guidelines we have:
If we accept your essay, it will appear on the home page for a week, and then get a permanent home in our “Voices” section. You can see if your essay has been accepted, rejected, or is still pending by logging into your account. Again, due to the volume of submissions, we cannot contact you with our reasons for not accepting an essay. If your essay is not accepted, please read the guidelines again carefully. If you have questions, contact Wren.
- Essay Topics Any thoughtful and positive essay is welcome as long as it is directly related to the Pagan/Heathen spiritual paths. Please think about whether or not your essay is of interest and/or help to the Pagan community - or at least a substantial subset of that community. This is particularly true if your essay involves your personal story.
- Adult or Teen? All Pagans over 13 years of age are welcome to submit an essay, article or event review. Teen essays will be flagged automatically as 'Teen' based on the DOB info in their Vox account.
- While we often publish articles and essays relevant to current events, we also want essays that have general, timeless appeal. We want to offer well-thought-out opinions on issues that affect Witches, Pagans and other practitioners of magical or nature-centered spiritual traditions (and their allies).
- With this in mind, we have a list of topics we have suggested in the past that all writers and would-be essayists can draw upon. Feel free to directly adopt these titles and topics, or to adapt them to your own needs. There are many approaches and writing styles that would be appropriate, including: Personal Experience; How-To; Inspirational; History; Opinion; Seasonal; "Aftermath"; Investigative/News; Human Interest; Profile; or perhaps some category that cannot be defined. If you would like to write on a topic that is not listed, first please email Wren and ask her about your topic choice.
- We do not publish book excerpts. If you have a published book, please do list that book in our Books section! (log into your account and choose add listing / then choose 'Pagan Book Listing')
- We do not publish rebuttals. We are interested in YOUR thoughts - not your reaction to the thoughts of other postings here.
- Please don't preach. Opinions are great, and welcome. So is constructive criticism. But an essay with a condescending, highly critical or "holier than thou" tone will be returned for an attitude adjustment.
- Essays should be between 1000 and 3500 words. Essays under 1000 words will not be considered for publication—we are looking for more than off-the-cuff commentary.
- Please capitalize Witch, Wicca, Heathen and Pagan, and spell check your essay before sending it.
- Please be sure to credit any outside sources. Formal bibliographic notation is not necessary, but if you reference a book or article, give its general publication information, so readers can find it. WE TAKE PLAGIARISM VERY SERIOUSLY and will immediately delete any essay (as well as the user's account) that we find contains plagiarized material. Be sure to attribute all direct quotes. Any graphics or images should also be credited. - Make sure everyone IN your photo(s) IS aware that you are going to post their face(s) on the web and that you HAVE their permission to do so.
- You will retain copyright to all your work, however, as a courtesy, we do request 30 day exclusive use of your submission. If the piece has been previously published, please indicate where and when (note: reprints will receive a lower priority). If your original essay is republished elsewhere, we appreciate a footnote that it was first published on The Witches' Voice, but this is simply a courtesy, and not required.
- Please be sure to write your essay in a word processor or other text editor first. DO NOT write it directly into the submission form! If your browser crashes, all your work will be lost. If there are formatting or other issues you want the editors to be aware of, please add those notes in the space provided on the submission form. Those notes will not be published.
To SUBMIT articles : Click HERE (You must have a Witchvox Account and be logged in)
For Questions and information, contact the beautiful: Wren
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2015 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren’s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches’ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.
of The World