Page: Profile: Local Clergy
||Total Views: 3,965,365
Vox ID: 318529
Clergy Id: 8819
Located in: Edinburgh, Scotland
Clergy Profile: Stasa Morgan-Appel, bread and roses spiritual nurture
My ministry focuses on spiritual nurture -- helping people nurture their connection with the That-Which-Is-Sacred. I work one-on-one with individuals, and with groups of many different sizes.
"Spiritual nurture" is a large umbrella. These are the areas that seem to come underneath it in my work and personal life:
* spiritual care
* ritual and magic
* building community - helping people nurture our connections with That-Which-Is-Sacred inherent in each other
* humanitarian work
Services I offer
* Meeting one-on-one to talk about your spiritual life and spiritual journey
* Designing, planning, and facilitating workshops and retreats
* Specific workshops and retreats:
- Singing the Goddess
- Winter Solstice Celebrations / A Winter Solstice Singing Ritual
- Ritual and magic
- Handwork in the Light: an Evening of Healing Handwork
- Handwork, Ministry, and Magic
- for Pagan Quakers/Quaker Pagans
- Explicit Friends (community-building among Quakers who experience the Divine an an explicit way)
- The Goddess Is Alive and Magic Is Afoot
- Working with Dying and Death: a Day of Comfort and Healing
Please see my website for more information about specific workshops and retreats.
* Energy work (as taught by John Calvi)
* Winter Solstice Celebrations based on A Winter Solstice Singing Ritual
* Magic and ritual:
- Teaching magic
- Facilitating ritual
- Helping you craft ways to mark life's transitions, including births, deaths, engagements/ handfastings/ weddings, relationship endings, cronings, and more
I am available to come to your community to facilitate a workshop, retreat, or other event.
Most workshops can be tailored in length to the needs of your event or group.
I can also develop a workshop for the needs of your particular group or event.
Who I work with
I work with people who come from a variety of religious and spiritual backgrounds, and who currently participate in a wide range of traditions -- including none. I particularly work with folks from Quaker, Pagan, and Jewish backgrounds, as well as with musicians and dancers, but I work with people from a number of other backgrounds as well. I am LGBTQ-friendly, poly-friendly, and non-theist-friendly.
Events I host (no charge)
I often offer / host the following events, free of charge (although I will ask for donations to cover rent if I am paying for space) :
* Full Moon Meeting for Worship
* Roses, Too! Tradition Sabbat Celebrations
* Friends (Quaker) Meeting for Worship for Healing
* Handwork circles
* Meeting for Worship for Walking - worship-walks in the woods and other places of natural beauty
* Singing and music circles
About the name
The song "Bread and Roses" has been important to me since I first learned it as a teenager.
Part of the reason why is because it expresses an important truth about social justice -- that physical and economic survival are not enough:
"Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses... Yes, it is bread we fight for, but we fight for roses, too!”
~ from the song “Bread and Roses, ” James Oppenheim and Mimi Farińa
"The worker must have bread, but she must have roses, too."
~ Rose Schneidermann, social worker and trade unionist; from a 1912 women's suffrage and labor campaign flier
Since 1991, I've been committed to nourishing my heart as well as my body - to meeting my spiritual needs as well as my survival needs -- and to working with other people who share this commitment.
I've been involved with ministry since 1986, have been a Priestess and Witch since 1991, and have been active in the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) since 1997.
I have a letter of introduction and support, and an oversight committee for my ministry, from University Friends Meeting in Seattle, WA, where I am a member (in technical terms, in my Yearly Meeting, this makes me a "recognized minister") . Please see my website if you'd like to read the letter.
I've been involved with a number of local and national Quaker groups in the US. I've mostly been involved with local and regional Pagan groups in the US, and a few national ones. (I was interviewed in April of 2010 for a student profile in the Cherry Hill Seminary Newsletter; please see my website if you'd like to read it.)
Some of my professional memberships:
* Quakers in Pastoral Care and Counseling (QPCC)
* Quakers United in Publications (QUIP)
* Unitarian Universalist Musicians Network (UUMN)
* The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society (RSCDS)
* Country Dance and Song Society (Germantown Country Dancers)
* The Folk Project
* SisterSingers Network
* Witchvox Sponsor
Rates: Generally, I charge a sliding scale based on income., For group events, I ask donations to meet expenses, plus a stipend for my time. If I travel to your community, I ask for travel and lodging, expenses, and a stipend. I currently live in Edinburgh.
To view ALL of my listings: Click HERE
Contact me Via Email...
Email Invites Note: NO, I have not opted to receive Pagan Invites! Please don't send me anonymous invites to groups, sales and events.
Disclaimer: The Witches' Voice inc does not verify the accuracy of the details stated in this listing, nor do we vouch for the value of the goods or services presented here... As with all contacts and financial dealings in cyberspace, we encourage you to use caution and wisdom in your dealings with strangers.
Political Statements: Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren's Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches' Voice, Inc. TWV is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization.
State/Country flags created by 3dflags.com and are used with permission
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2014 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.