Page: Profile: Local Clergy
||Total Views: 3,814,627
Vox ID: 187567
Clergy Id: 6587
Stanley Modrzyk or Dorothy Modrzyk
Located in: Berwyn, Illinois
Clergy Profile: * I am the founder & High Priest of the First Temple of the Craft of W.I.C.A., one of America's oldest legal Wiccan churches established in 1972.
* I have written two books on Wicca - both published by Samuel Weiser & Co. (Now Red Wheel/Weiser Publishing) . Turning Of The Wheel - A Wiccan Book Of Shadows For Moons & Festivals (Publ. 1993) and Celebrating Times Of Change - A Wiccan Book Of Shadows For Family & Coven Growth (Publ. 1996) Both books can be found in many suburban Chicago libraries.
* My HPS & I have been doing Legal Handfastings in & around Chicago for over 40 years. As a Handfasting should be truly a time of Celebration, we work with the couple to make it their day to celebrate with family & friends. Their ritual can be very Wiccan or more open as not to put off family members of other faiths. A full Handfasting Ritual sample is in my second book.
*We have also done counseling and have officiated at Funeral Rites on several occasions - again working to insure all who attend will find solace and companionship in their time of need.
* I have been teaching Wicca as a Religion to any who come to us to learn the Olde Ways for over 40 years and have initiated into the Priest/esshood over a dozen individuals who now have groups in several other states including Wisconsin, Ohio, Arkansas, California, Arizona, and Pennsylvania.
* In addition to my duties with First Temple, I am also on the Board of Directors of the Midwest Pagan Council, Inc. who sponsor the Pan Pagan Festival each August. The Pan Pagan Festival is America's longest running national outdoor festival. PSG got it's start from Pan Pagan.
* Over the years I have spearheaded and worked in many areas to promote tolerance for our faith. An example of one of my efforts is noted in Ray Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft on page 210 in the 1996 edition (on a different page number in the newer revised editions) titled: "Stan Slays The Dragon"
* I have also spoken in classes at several universities and have been cited in publications too numerous to list here.
Rates: Rates are totally contingent on the individuals ability to afford the service needed. In some extreme cases all we may ask for is some gas money. We are here to serve our Community.
Mailing Address: 3230 Maple Avenue, IL 60402-2808
Telephone: ( (708) 795-9660
To view ALL of my listings: Click HERE
Contact me Via Email...
Email Invites Note: Yes! I have opted to receive invites to Pagan events, groups, and commercial sales
Disclaimer: The Witches' Voice inc does not verify the accuracy of the details stated in this listing, nor do we vouch for the value of the goods or services presented here... As with all contacts and financial dealings in cyberspace, we encourage you to use caution and wisdom in your dealings with strangers.
Political Statements: Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren's Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches' Voice, Inc. TWV is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization.
State/Country flags created by 3dflags.com and are used with permission
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2014 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren’s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches’ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.