Page: Profile: Local Clergy
||Total Views: 3,837,483
Vox ID: 211076
Clergy Id: 4313
Charles R. Butler, III
Located in: Hyattsville, Maryland
Clergy Profile: Trained in Christian, Wiccan, Umbanda, and Santeria liturgy.
Currently serving as volunteer and contracted clergy for Federal Correctional Center in Hazelton, WV (Wiccan and Santeria congregations in two prisons) , and FCI Cumberland (Wiccan and Santeria congregations) and a house church ministry in a combined Umbanda/Voudoun household (Rising Sun Terreiro) . Available for public speaking, and as clergy witness for weddings, funerals, baptisms, child-blessings, and handfastings. Healer and reader of both cards and shells.
1) Christian - (35 years) Wesley Theological Seminary, Religious Education, 1980-1981. House church ministry with Pentecostal fellowship from the age of 15.
2) Wiccan - (25 years) Trained with Lady Ingrid Dennison (of Ravenwood) and Lord Thoth (Oscar Garcia-Vera) in Alexandria Wicca. Trained and ordained in Temple of Isis Rising under Rhiannan Maat. Currently ministering at Federal Correctional Facility in Cumberland Maryland as a Wiccan faith representative. Also correspond with Wiccan prisoners in Missouri and Ohio.
3) Santeria - (3 years) trained with Baba George Rawlings in Temple of the Personal Path. Active in teaching Umbanda and related traditions for the past 10 years. Actively working with Umbanda Terreiro in my home (2 years) . Currently ministering at the US Prison at Hazelton, West Virginia and the Secure Female Facility at Hazelton, West Virginia with correspondence course with FCI Bremerton, WV and FCI Cumberland, MD.
4) Umbanda (4 years) . Personal teaching and training in Brazil in 2013 through Tenda de Caboclos do Cacique Vermelha e Ogum Yara and Tenda Maria Conga.
5) Eclectic - Early Co-President of Free Spirit Alliance (1987-1989) .
6) Founder of Ecumenicon Fellowship (1987) through which I hold ordination in Maryland through the present (2013) .
7) Founder of Rising Sun Outreach Ministry (2013) through which I am credentialed as clergy in Maryland (2014) and being sponsored for a Master of Divinity degree at Howard University school of Divinity starting in Fall of 2014.
8) Currently member of Center Faith - the interfaith network sponsored by the DC Center for GLBT people in the District of Columbia.
Registered in both Maryland and DC as interfaith minister with the state.
I have performed weddings and handfastings for Christian, Wiccan, and Buddhist couples. I have officiated at Christian and Wiccan funerals. I have performed child blessings, initiations, and other appropriate life passage ceremonies.
For handfastings/weddings, I work with each couple individually to best determine their liturgical needs, taking into account family traditions, music, catering, and other needs. For funerals, I act as spiritual advisor, helping the family mourn by taking the pressure off of trying to write a rite of passage. All relationships are precious, GLBT persons are welcome to apply for handfastings/weddings.
I regularly take part and create interfaith worship services. I am available as a public speaker to discuss Wiccan, Pagan Eclectic, and Umbanda world views.
I am actively involved in helping to credential chaplains for service in hospitals, prisons, hospices, and other areas of public service.
Rates: Handfastings/Weddings, $150 + travel (usually mileage) . I require 3 counseling sessions with all couples at mutually agreeable locations. , Child Blessings/Funerals, negotiable. , Counseling, $25/hour. Will refer.
Mailing Address: 3205 Kimberly Road, Hyattsville, MD 20782
Telephone: (240) 764-5748
To view ALL of my listings: Click HERE
Contact me Via Email...
Email Invites Note: Yes! I have opted to receive invites to Pagan events, groups, and commercial sales
Disclaimer: The Witches' Voice inc does not verify the accuracy of the details stated in this listing, nor do we vouch for the value of the goods or services presented here... As with all contacts and financial dealings in cyberspace, we encourage you to use caution and wisdom in your dealings with strangers.
Political Statements: Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren's Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches' Voice, Inc. TWV is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization.
State/Country flags created by 3dflags.com and are used with permission
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2014 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren’s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches’ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.