Page: Profile: Event
||Total Views: 17,584,619
Novices of the Old Ways [Witchvox Sponsor] announces...
What to Bring: Pagan Books/Hurrican Relief Supplies
Price/Donation: Suggested Donation $10
Acct. Id: 235678
Event Id: 84603
Samhain Rite of the Crossroads-Fires of Ward
When: Nov. 3rd. 2012
Where: New York, New York
From the Ancient Irish Tale of the Goddess Tlachtga...
Event Details: The ritual has been moved to Dixon Place: 161A Chrystie Street, New York, NY! Doors at 6:30, ritual at 7:00. If you arrive late, please enter quietly. Please see address below. Dixon place will be DARK! Please bring a glass-encased (or jar) candle. Absolutely *NO* flowing sleeves, billowy clothing, capes, or tunics. This is for your own safety! If you wear one of these things, you will be asked to remove it...which some of you may prefer to do, anyway.....;) Immediately after the ritual, stick around for "Waking the Dead-a Post-Sabbat Salon!"
We will still be collecting books for Indianapolis Pagan Prison Ministries, but also collecting Hurricane Sandy Relief items (batteries, water, clean-up gear, warm clothes, canned food)
* We have pushed back the start time to 7:00 p.m.--doors at 6:30. Allow plenty of time to get there, but due to circumstances, Titi Coco is putting her away her icy stares for late comers. :) Do the best you can and if you do end up running late, just come in quietly!
* Address is 161A Chrystie Street, New York, NY. www.Hopstop.com has been accommodated to Sandy changes--there are buses running literally to the front door of Dixon. HOV is likely lifted over the weekend (but do check as I can't verify) Metro North and LIRR are also running. Please see this link for travel information: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/10/30/nyregion/storm-service-updates.html Subway service *might* be restored tomorrow--please check the website in the morning: http://www.mta.info/
* Costume & Dress up is of course encouraged however, due to the presence of many candles , ABSOLUTELY NO FLOWING SLEEVES AND GOWNS WILL BE PERMITTED. Yes, I know...but this is for your own safety! IF YOU ARRIVE IN NON FIRE SAFE ATTIRE YOU WILL BE ASKED TO REMOVE IT. But perhaps this was your plan all along?
* Please bring at least 1 small glass enclosed candle, if you are able.. We will need light.
* We will still be collecting Pagan books (ritual, spiritual, fiction, all kinds) as well as hurricane relief supplies: water, flashlights, batteries (AA, AAA, and D) , diapers, blankets, toiletries, socks, plates/cups/utensils (the disposable kind) , non-perishable foods, hats/gloves/scarfs, anything for heavy duty cleaning like bleach, work gloves, masks, brooms, mops, also tarps, trash bags, toilet paper, paper towels.
* there will be a fully operational cash bar. If you live in Brooklyn or anywhere else with power, bring in a bag of ice. This will get you one half priced drink!
* there will obviously be no sound system. There is a boom box available so if you want to bring in mix cds, please feel free. We getting old skool up in this biatch yo! Drums and instruments will be allowed as long as it doesn't get too crazy. There is a piano for those of you that feel so inclined.
Taking all this into consideration...in my opinion , we can expect THE MOST AMAZING PARTY THAT WITCHDOM HAS EVER SEEN!
As the veils thin, we gather together to honor the Dead and reflect on the mysteries of Samhain: The High Holy Holiday of Witches. From the Ancient Irish Tale of the Goddess Tlachtga and the Hill of the Ward to Hekate, the Greek Goddess of the Crossroads, Ghosts and Witchcraft, we come together at the Crossroads of the World to garner wisdom from the past and infuse healing into an endangered, fractured world. As is tradition in N.O.W. Samhain rites, the Goddess Hekate will be petitioned to carry over the souls who have passed in the last year. Guests will have the opportunity to honor, bless, and if necessary--release their Dead into Summerland through the community Ancestral Altar. Special guest Gemma McGowan from Co. Meath, Ireland will be present to introduce us to the ancient Goddess of Samhain, Tlachtga, telling the myth of the original Samhain fires and join the N.O.W. community in re-enacting the annual rites still held and led by Gemma at the Hill of the Ward at this most sacred Sabbat.
This ritual will be a fundraiser/book drive for Indianapolis Pagan Prison Ministries, where Votary of Hekate and Long-time NOWer Tamrha Richardson is a Wiccan Chaplain. Tamrha will be joining us that evening and will be collecting books and ritual items for the prison Pagan library she is helping to build.
Suggested items to bring:
-Items to honor the departed
-Offerings to the Goddess Hekate and Tlachtga
-Snacks (drinks available for purchase)
-Suggested donation is $10 or what you can, if you can. No money? No problem!
The ritual will be held at Dixon Place: 161A Chrystie Street, New York, New York 10002.
Event Location: 161A Chrystie Street in New York
Event TIME Details: 7:00-10:00 p.m.
Directions: Please check the MTA website, which will have updated information on subway and bus travel.
To view ALL of our listings: Click HERE
Contact Us Via Email...
Email Invites Note: Yes! I have opted to receive invites to Pagan events, groups, and commercial sales
Disclaimer: The Witches' Voice inc does not verify the accuracy of the details stated in this listing, nor do we vouch for the value of the goods or services presented here... As with all contacts and financial dealings in cyberspace, we encourage you to use caution and wisdom in your dealings with strangers.
Political Statements: Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren's Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches' Voice, Inc. TWV is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization.
State/Country flags created by 3dflags.com and are used with permission
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2015 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren’s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches’ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.