Page: Profile: Group
||Total Views: 16,428,753
New Members OK?: Yes
501* Cert.?: No
Group Id: 36924
Poster Id: 273738
Total Views: 2034
A WitchVox Sponsor
Age Range/Type: Adult
Located in: Ames, Iowa
Key Contact: Spark
Spiritual Path: Eclectic
Status: Established Group
Community Support: Open Circles... Legal Clergy... Teaching Available
Group Overview: Persephone's Daughters is a fellowship, ritual, and learning group for adults of all genders and paths. Contact person: Rev. Spark (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
* * Newcomers and visitors are always welcome! * *
* * No RSVP required to visit! * *
Meetings take place on the 3rd Thursday of each month, 7-9pm, at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Ames (www.uufames.org) . Members of the group volunteer to facilitate our informal meetings, which contain any combination of discussion, workshop, ritual, and snacks. We usually start with a very short check-in, there may be an invocation, and then the planned activity concluding with snacks. Clothing is required -- no skyclad!!!
On ritual nights, we gather outside the UUFA sanctuary, the ritual facilitator/s give an overview of what the ritual will be like as well as teach any chants, and then we have a ritual procession into the sanctuary for the ritual. Rituals are "beginner friendly": everything is explained and/or demonstrated as we go so you don't have to know ahead of time what to do, just be willing to "follow the leader". We try to have options for different abilities and participation comfort levels, and there are usually snacks afterwards.
This is our group covenant:
1) To protect each others' safety, we will use "I statements", give positive feedback, and connect with each other.
2) To help each other feel comfortable sharing our thoughts and feelings, we will announce the subjects of meetings as far in advance as possible (at least 2 weeks) , we will try to include others, avoid condescending jokes, and demonstrate respect and thoughtfulness. We will be accepting and receptive.
3) When disagreements occur we will actively listen to each other, remain calm, respect alternative viewpoints, avoid interruptions, be okay with disagreeing, politely share disagreements or opposing thoughts and observe the Golden Rule.
4) We will practice confidentiality by avoiding name dropping, asking for permission to share, and keeping information private. HOWEVER, if someone says/implies harm to themselves or others, appropriate authorities will be notified.
5) We will demonstrate respect for each other through active listening, valuing other opinions, respecting the plethora of alternate ideas, engaging everyone, and avoiding cross-talk and off-topic conversations. We will be truthful and observe the forms of love, loyalty, and friendship. We will try to avoid dominating the conversation so that everyone can participate.
To view ALL of our listings: Click HERE
Contact Us Via Email...
Email Invites Note: Yes! We have opted to receive invites to Pagan events, groups, and commercial sales
Disclaimer: The Witches' Voice inc does not verify the accuracy of the details stated in this listing, nor do we vouch for the value of the goods or services presented here... As with all contacts and financial dealings in cyberspace, we encourage you to use caution and wisdom in your dealings with strangers.
Political Statements: Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren's Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches' Voice, Inc. TWV is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization.
State/Country flags created by 3dflags.com and are used with permission
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2017 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren’s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches’ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.