Page: Profile: Group
||Total Views: 17,100,912
New Members OK?: Yes
501* Cert.?: No
Group Id: 42805
Poster Id: 423545
Total Views: 122
Age Range/Type: Adult
Located in: Portland, Oregon, Oregon
Key Contact: Rowan of Oakmist
Spiritual Path: Traditionalist Witchcraft
Status: Established Group
Community Support: Open Circles... Teaching Available
Group Overview: * Oakmist is a Traditionalist grove of witches.
* Oakmist is an established tradition with members, students, and hives in the United States and Wales at 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Elder Degrees.
* Oakmist celebrates the Full Moons. On these nights, we honor the Goddess and often do magical work. Work may vary from healing magic to job, money, or environmental concerns.
* Oakmist follows our version of the Wheel of the Year, a myth which explains seasonal changes. We acknowledge and celebrate those seasonal changes at what we refer to as the Four Greater and the Four Lesser Sabbats.
* Oakmist stresses polarity and fertility. The God and the Goddess are equally important to us. The Priestess and Priest take turns leading ritual, depending on the season.
* The main focus of Oakmist is the development of the student into well rounded workers. We teach techniques to awaken latent mental powers and senses. We teach members to make and use the witch's tools. We teach basic herbalism, healing, divination, astrology, dowsing, fire-making, and other skills that are useful to a witch. We train members to eventually lead their own covens. We do this through lecture, mental training exercises, hands-on workshops, memorization, writing, and performance of basic ritual in a group setting.
* Oakmist does not charge for its training. However, we do require that members pay for their own materials, which are mandatory for the training. If members cannot afford this materials cost, we may counsel them to return when their life is in better financial order. We do not believe that it is to the benefit of the student to finance the cost of their own materials for training.
* People interested in studying with Oakmist Grove must make certain commitments. They must commit to attending two regular coven meetings per month. Once they have been Dedicated (usually after 3 months) , they must commit to attending one Full Moon Rite each month. They must commit to attending four Sabbat Festivals per year. They must initiate correspondence and discussion with the leaders of the coven regarding their studies. They must agree to keep material given to them absolutely confidential until after their First Degree Initiation, when they will receive a printed copy of the training manual.
* Students are accepted on a 3-month trial basis. During the first three months, either the student or the teacher may decline to continue the studies without giving any reason. After three months, a Dedication Rite may be performed and the student commits to continuing their study until 1st Degree Elevation.
* The work can be demanding in both time and intellect. After the student’s first Year and a Day, areas open to study include the following: 1) Green - Astrology, folk magic, Herbalism and Mythologies, 2) Orange - Qabbalah, Hermetics, Ceremonial Magic and Tarot, 3) Purple - Devotional route - Ritual, Ancestors, Gnosticism
* Students must be close enough to Portland, Oregon to easily commute and commit to required meetings.
If you are looking for a serious study and working coven and are interested or have questions, contact Rowan of Oakmist, Elder High Priestess, at email@example.com
To view ALL of our listings: Click HERE
Contact Us Via Email...
Email Invites Note: NO, We have not opted to receive Pagan Invites! Please don't send us anonymous invites to groups, sales and events.
Disclaimer: The Witches' Voice inc does not verify the accuracy of the details stated in this listing, nor do we vouch for the value of the goods or services presented here... As with all contacts and financial dealings in cyberspace, we encourage you to use caution and wisdom in your dealings with strangers.
Political Statements: Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren's Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches' Voice, Inc. TWV is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization.
State/Country flags created by 3dflags.com and are used with permission
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2017 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.