Page: Profile: Group
||Total Views: 17,273,906
New Members OK?: Yes
501* Cert.?: No
Group Id: 42405
Poster Id: 405590
Total Views: 461
Pagan Renewal Seattle
A WitchVox Sponsor
Age Range/Type: Adult
Located in: Greater Seattle, Washington
Key Contact: Baldr Frostflame
Spiritual Path: Reform Pagan
Status: Established Group
Community Support: Open Circles... Teaching Available
Group Overview: We’re an inter-traditional group of Pagans reimagining and reinventing our Paganism to meet the human and spiritual needs of a broader range of human persons in today’s world.
= Practice: Five Elements =
Reform Pagan practice focuses on what we call our “Five Elements”:
- Fire: Ritual oriented around the solar year, the lunar months, certain devotional “hours” of each day, and rites of passage in human life
- Water: Fellowship in spiritual communities that work together to minister in compassionate lovingkindness and sympathetic joy to the entire human family
- Air: Study of all wisdom traditions and all fields of scholarship to seek truth with curiosity, wonder, and an open mind
- Earth: Attunement to the natural world and care for it and all that lives in it, including efforts to improve and transcend our own biophysical circumstances and condition
- Spirit: Actualization of self by channeling the best and highest muses within each person through creative endeavors and unending spiritual and human development
= Belief: Fifteen Theses =
Reform Paganism doesn’t have a prescribed creed or set of specific beliefs, but we profess our “Fifteen Theses”, which you can read in full at http://paganrenewal.org/what-we-believe/. The general theses that, one might say, most set us apart from other Pagans are:
- Eternalism: Reform Paganism regards not only the human past, as all Neopagans do, but also the human, transhuman, and post-human future, rejoicing at the accelerating advancement of science and technology.
- Realism: Reform Paganism pursues truth in all its aspects, embracing wonder at that which exceeds our present understanding, openness to new ideas, methodological skepticism, and active investigation of the world around us.
- Exotericism: Reform Paganism reveals spiritual truth radically to all, neither hiding nor reserving anything from any earnest seeker but rending all false veils.
- Syncretism: Reform Paganism gathers the scattered seeds of human wisdom from all spiritual traditions and secular fields of learning, not merely to compile a collection (Eclecticism) but rather to make from them something new.
- Egalitarianism: Reform Paganism demands no initiation or ordination of any person but regards all of us as inherently equal and equally qualified in matters of spirit.
- Integrationism: Reform Paganism unites all people and encourages adherents actively to integrate themselves into the world, rather than to separate themselves from it.
- Holism: Reform Paganism informs, guides, and enlivens the entire person, soma and psyche, as spirituality is a worldview and lifeway.
- Regenerationism: Reform Paganism lives and must grow and adapt as much as individual human persons live and must grow and adapt—reform and renewal are never finished.
Telephone: (307) 2748707
To view ALL of our listings: Click HERE
Contact Us Via Email...
Email Invites Note: Yes! We have opted to receive invites to Pagan events, groups, and commercial sales
Disclaimer: The Witches' Voice inc does not verify the accuracy of the details stated in this listing, nor do we vouch for the value of the goods or services presented here... As with all contacts and financial dealings in cyberspace, we encourage you to use caution and wisdom in your dealings with strangers.
Political Statements: Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren's Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches' Voice, Inc. TWV is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization.
State/Country flags created by 3dflags.com and are used with permission
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2017 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.