Page: Profile: Notice
||Total Views: 2,280,273
Acct. ID: 414107
Notice ID: 18126
Posted: October 13th., 2012
This Notice has been viewed 2373 times
Sacred Oaks by Bards of FoDLA on iTunes!
Proclaimed by: New Moon Productions
Proclaimed from: Hollywood, California
American balladeers inspired by the ancient Druids, the Bards of FoDLA celebrate the spirit of the sacred oaks with Celtic harps, guitar & voices. Traditional and original folk music join in a deeply mystical and joyful fusion of past and present.
FoDLA is a Neo Druidic pagan community based in the Los Angeles area, dedicated to and inspired by the spiritual ideologies of the ancient Druids. Named in honor of "Fodla, " (pronounced "FOE-lah"; the D is silent) , one of the three patron goddesses of ancient Ireland, the community uses cultural, artifactual and reconstructed religious practice to explore and connect to the mysteries of the numinous.
1. Bardic Invocation: A hymn to the Celtic Goddess Brigid, asking for her to bring the light of inspiration to the Bard.
2. Bràigh Loch Iall: A traditional Scottish Gaelic air, from a song about an exile's longing to return home, and his memories of courting a young girl at the summer pastures.
3. Isle of Mystery: A meditation on the home of the Sidhe, where once the Tuatha Dé Danann reigned and Oisín sang.
4. Lament for Miach: A song about the death of the Irish God of healing, whose body was transformed into the 365 herbs of healing.
5. Aeval’s Grimoire: the book of magic belonging to the Faerie Queen.
6. Dance of the Morrigan: The Celtic Goddess of War and Sovereignty, in her Raven form, flies over the battlefield, carrying the fallen heroes to the Otherworld.
7. The Butterfly: A traditional Irish slip jig.
8. Guilderoy: A jaunty Irish tune that gathers steam as it goes on, like a céilidh where the dancers spin faster and faster!
9. Balancing the Moon: Commissioned as the theme music to the stage play of the same name by playwright Patricia Lamkin, this jig in genre-bending 15/8 meter illustrates the lively goings-on in the “supernatural screwball comedy” populated by a friendly ghost, an eccentric medium and a lascivious Irish love fairy!
10. Sacred Oaks: Like an acorn that contains within it a towering oak, this song is an expression of the ancient and continuing story of Druidic mythology.
11. Manannán Mac Y Lir: A traditional Manx tune, for the Patron God of the Isle of Man, God of the Sea, worker of magic, and Gatekeeper to the Otherworld. He brings an enchanted mist to conceal the island from its enemies, and sails in a magical boat called Wave Sweeper.
Composers and Musicians:
1. Bardic Invocation: (traditional Scottish Gaelic music, with lyric by Eva Gordon)
Eva, lead vocal; Stephanie Bennett, backup vocal and Celtic harp.
2. Bràigh Loch Iall (traditional Scottish, arr. Eva Gordon)
Eva, Celtic harp.
3. Isle of Mystery (by Stephanie Bennett)
Stephanie, Cláirseach (wire-strung Celtic harp) .
4. Lament for Miach (by Eva Gordon)
Eva, Celtic harp.
5. Aeval’s Grimoire (by Stephanie Bennett)
6. Dance of the Morrigan (by Eva Gordon)
Eva, Celtic harp.
7. The Butterfly (traditional Irish, arr. Eva Gordon)
Eva, Celtic harp
8. Guilderoy (traditional Irish, arr. Stephanie Bennett)
Stephanie, Celtic harp
9. Balancing the Moon (by Stephanie Bennett)
Stephanie, Celtic harp, Clàirseach and percussion
10. Sacred Oaks: (by Patricia Lamkin)
Patricia, lead vocal and guitar; Stephanie and Eva, backup vocals
11. Manannán Mac Y Lir (Manannan, Son of the Sea)
Traditional Manx, arr. by Charles Guard (used by permission)
Eva and Stephanie, Celtic harps.
Produced by Stephanie Bennett at Harpworld Studio A, Northridge CA
To view ALL of my listings: Click HERE
Contact Us Via Email...
Email Invites Note: NO, I have not opted to receive Pagan Invites! Please don't send me anonymous invites to groups, sales and events.
Disclaimer: The Witches' Voice inc does not verify the accuracy of the details stated in this listing, nor do we vouch for the value of the goods or services presented here... As with all contacts and financial dealings in cyberspace, we encourage you to use caution and wisdom in your dealings with strangers.
Political Statements: Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren's Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches' Voice, Inc. TWV is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization.
State/Country flags created by 3dflags.com and are used with permission
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2013 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.