Page: Profile: Notice
||Total Views: 2,794,930
Clip for the Troops!
Acct. ID: 202922
Notice ID: 17569
Posted: May 27th., 2011
This Notice has been viewed 3822 times
Proclaimed by: Lori Dake - A WitchVox Sponsor
Proclaimed from: Chicago, Illinois
Greetings and many blessings to you and yours!
As posted on the Pagan Newswire Collective's military beat, Warriors & Kin, I am announcing a fun way to help support our troops and their families stationed overseas - by clipping coupons! This is probably one of the easiest physical donations you can do - just clip and ship; I'll do the rest! Here's the skinny:
- Let’s choose a base or post to adopt! We need to know where our combined coupons will be going before we can mail them anywhere. Next week (June 3rd, 2011) , I will let you all know which base or post has been chosen by majority rule. Please pass this around so we can get as many people interested as possible. The following are currently accepting adoptions:
- US Air Force: Alconbury, UK
- US Navy: Atsugi, Japan
- US Navy: Gaeta, Italy
- US Army: Grafenwoehr, Germany
- US Navy: Ikego, Japan
- US Army: Illesheim, Germany
- US Air Force: Incirlik, Turkey
- US Marines: Iwakuni, Japan
- US Air Force: Lakenheath, UK
- US Army: Okinawa, Japan
- US Air Force: Okinawa, Japan
- US Navy: Sasebo, Japan
- US Army: Schweinfurt, Germany
- US Air Force: Spangdahlem, Germany
- US Army: Vicenza, Italy
- US Army: Vilseck, Germany
- US Navy: Yokohama, Japan
- US Navy: Yokosuka, Japan
- US Navy: Yokota, Japan
- Collect coupons! There are a million places to find them, even when you’re not trying. There’s always the Sunday paper, and many websites like Coupons.com have a bunch to print at home as well. (And yes, there are indeed lots of coupons for healthy foods and green supplies. See http://www.organicfoodcoupons.com ) Keep what you want for yourself, and mail the rest to me. They discourage, but not outright say no to, active printables, so really, just send any expired you have lying around. (Also, you don’t have to use virgin paper or print the coupons in color. Use the backs of scrap print and save yourself some ink.)
I’ve been saving our family on average 50-75% per shopping trip since I started couponing a little over a month ago, and it only takes a few hours out of my week with one newspaper and some printables. (I could order more newspapers, but I would then need to figure out what to do with the extras.) I’m no “Extreme Couponer“, nor would I really want to be. Most of my coupon clipping and circular browsing time is done while watching the news or something, so it’s not hard at all and is in fact a nice way to pass the time. And hey, if you’re not seeing crazy savings right away, don’t get discouraged – just keep doing what you’re doing and it'll come, and remember every penny counts.
- Cut the coupons. They need to be cut, so please don’t print out and merely mail a sheet. The folks who sort these for the troops already take on an extraordinary amount of work, so that would leave me to do it. Any type of coupon can be sent that the commissary or PX/BX accepts, especially manufacturer coupons, up to two months past the expiration date. Please do not send in-store coupons like the ones on Target’s website, except the couple that read “Manufacturer Coupon” on top. Those can be used at any store than accepts coupons.
- Mail the coupons to me. I will do the totals the Overseas Coupon Program requiring and mailing the coupons to the base or post adopted. It should only cost you a stamp or two to get them to me, and I’ll be batching them into the least expensive pack possible. So for everyone involved, it’s a very low-cost and easy way to help. Please send your coupons to:
Attn: PNC Coupons
PO Box 306
Chicago, IL 60690-0306
I’ll be mailing all the combined coupons once a month to our adopted base. The first mailing will be going out at the end of June, and I will post our totals the following Friday on the Warriors & Kin site. Again, please send these pre-cut and sorted, because if we start really getting a lot, I’m going to be crazy-slammed with little slips of paper!
Please remember to only send active and expired (up to two months old) manufacturer coupons. For the most part, they need to say “Manufacturer Coupon” at the top. I can’t stress that enough. The commissaries and PX/BXs can’t take most of the other kinds, like ones for Wally World or whatever. Read the FAQ on the Overseas Coupon Program site if you need more details:
- Why clip for the troops? Saving up coupons is such a simple thing to do, and by participating in this program, it will be one more way our community becomes recognized by folks who may not even realize we exist or cling to stereotypes and/or misconceptions. And hey, it will help you and yours at the same time, since you’ll be coming across some deals you will surely want to keep for yourself.
Since these families almost entirely live on one paycheck, it’s nearly impossible for the spouse to hold down any kind of meaningful job due to constant moving. Those checks aren’t all that big either – just enough to make ends meet – if that. Also, they may well be looking at pay freezes like they were threatened with last month due to the debt ceiling being hit, so those little savings here and there will really add up. Like I said, since we started couponing a little over a month ago, we’ve seen some significant savings. Today is payday, but it’s the rent checks, so we usually are pretty tight right about now. But because of the coupons, we actually have about $400 to spare. (That money’s going right toward paying down lingering debts, but hey, it’s nice we can do that.)
As we all know, the price of everything has gone up considerably. Gas is high, which we are reliant on trucks fueling up to deliver to the stores. And, with all the storms resulting in ruined crops, there’s simply less food to go around. That’s a double whammy right there. I would rather try to be proactive and prepare for the worst by helping these folks stretch their checks further… and for you, too! Let’s work together!
Thank you for your interest, and thank you to the troops and your families for your service.
To view ALL of my listings: Click HERE
Contact Us Via Email...
Email Invites Note: Yes! I have opted to receive invites to Pagan events, groups, and commercial sales
Disclaimer: The Witches' Voice inc does not verify the accuracy of the details stated in this listing, nor do we vouch for the value of the goods or services presented here... As with all contacts and financial dealings in cyberspace, we encourage you to use caution and wisdom in your dealings with strangers.
Political Statements: Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren's Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches' Voice, Inc. TWV is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization.
State/Country flags created by 3dflags.com and are used with permission
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2016 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.