Page: Profile: Notice
||Total Views: 2,318,968
Acct. ID: 187259
Notice ID: 12213
Posted: May 13th., 2005
This Notice has been viewed 1811 times
Housing for Pagan Elders in Central MA
Proclaimed by: Raven Kaldera
Proclaimed from: Hubbardston, Massachusetts
Dear Pagan Elders,
This is a rather strange request. I would appreciate it, however, if you would forward it to anyone that you think might be appropriate and interested.
We are Asphodel, an eclectic Neo-Pagan church in central Massachusetts. Our campground and sacred circle is on private land in Hubbardston, Mass., a little semi-rural town. We are in the process of building a chapel on the land, and hold open rituals, small festivals, and drum circles regularly throughout the year.
Recently, the large piece of land next to us was bought by a contractor who decided to put an elder community on it. The townhouses are going up, and we can see them through the trees at the edge of our campground. We are worried about the elders who will move in; we feel that many of them will be uncomfortable at best about living next to a large and active Pagan church. We worry that they will attempt to interfere with us legally. We have expressed to the contractor (who is handling the realty work himself) that it would be a good thing to warn any potential customers before they sign a lease or buy, but he didn't like the idea, and I doubt that he will be so sensible.
At this point, we feel that the ideal thing would be to help him advertise and sell the spaces - to people who won't mind being next to us! So this is a call to any Pagan Elders who are looking to live in an elder community! If you are interested in living in a little semi-rural town in Massachusetts, we can offer you the following perks:
1) Membership in our Pagan church (which has about 50 people) and free entrance to any event or festival.
2) Access to a Pagan community literally right next door, which includes massage therapists, Reiki masters, a shaman, fiber arts circles, other crafters, at least one social worker who specializes in elder abuse, and several clergy members who take their service role as seriously as any English vicar or Presbyterian minister or Catholic priest. We take the experiences of elders seriously, we aren't all a bunch of young kids, and we are extremely accepting of GLBT folk and those with dual pathways.
(Unlike the elders of many religions, Pagans don't often have the privilege of calling up the local minister and asking for help and support. Asphodel tries to offer this to all Pagans as a service, whether they are members or not. We are a service-oriented group, and we take care of each other. We will be there, and be supportive, when your other support fails.)
3) Access to our sacred circle for your own rituals, with proper notice. It's a huge field in the woods with a stone labyrinth, geodesic pavilions, stone altar, firepit, etc.
4) A regular supply of Pagan PCAs who live right next door (which means that they could come over on 15 minutes notice in the middle of a winter snowstorm) .
5) Regular drum circles throughout the summer nights.
6) Open rituals on the eight high holidays, and many other days as well.
7) Plenty of wildspace to take walks in - there's the land of our farm, and there's empty land behind us that we are helping the Open Space Committee in the city to keep that way.
8) Reasonable access to cities - Boston is about an hour and a half away, as is trendy Northampton; Worcester is 45 minutes and Fitchburg a little less than that. We are very centrally located. The supermarket is about 12 miles away in Gardner, the next town.
9) A farm next door that can provide organic eggs and organic herbs on a cash basis and organic goat milk, goat cheese, and organic meat on a barter basis...as well as cute baby animals to pet, if that's your thing...and a lovely herb garden, staffed by herbalists.
10) A small picturesque New England town of less than 4000 people with a homey feel...but we've lived here for almost a decade as out Pagans with no trouble at all.
All in all, we think that living next door to us could be a serious asset...for the right people. Ones who appreciate what we have to offer, or at the least won't assume that we are devil worshippers out there burning babies in the back yard. If you are interested in the idea, please contact us offlist at email@example.com.
The name of the property is Moosehorn Hill (named for Moosehorn Pond right around the corner, with great fishing) and the realtor is:
We have no connection with them except for being unfortunate neighbors, and we cannot vouch for them in any way. We also can't tell you much about the actual properties. We are not making any money off this. Our agenda is to get good Pagan-friendly neighbors, if at all possible; we're up-front about that.
To all the Gods and Spirits: May you bring the right folks to live on the other side of the trees!
First Kingdom Church of Asphodel
Telephone: (978) 928-4198
To view ALL of my listings: Click HERE
Contact Us Via Email...
Email Invites Note: NO, I have not opted to receive Pagan Invites! Please don't send me anonymous invites to groups, sales and events.
Disclaimer: The Witches' Voice inc does not verify the accuracy of the details stated in this listing, nor do we vouch for the value of the goods or services presented here... As with all contacts and financial dealings in cyberspace, we encourage you to use caution and wisdom in your dealings with strangers.
Political Statements: Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren's Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches' Voice, Inc. TWV is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization.
State/Country flags created by 3dflags.com and are used with permission
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2014 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren’s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches’ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.