Page: Profile: Poetry
||Total Views: 12,012,182
VxPoem ID: 3572
Posted: April 17th. 2004 6:03:33 AM
O River Goddess
by the doc
Age Group: Adult
1) The cause of the accomplishment of all (eight powers) emancipations (of Pushtimaarg) wherein the flow of water is less than that of the innumerable sand particles from the illumined, pious, lotus feet of God Krushna, in the newly formed groves of trees and creepers on the banks whose joy is God Krushna, with water scented with sweet fragrant flowers, bowed and decorated with flowers by both (types of Gopijanas – i.e. those having evident attitude of humility and those having pride) , who remembers and creates the passion in and for God and who possesses, supports and adds to the splendour of God Krushna, I bow happily to such a benevolent divine goddess in sparkling fluidity, Shri Yamunaji.
2) The one born in the form of the divine ‘Rasa’ from the heart of Narayana seated amidst the orb of the sun (and solar system) , then falling with an intense force on the peaks of Mount Kalind, having a tremendous turbulent flow and resplendent due to the foam so created, one who is ornamental in creating and experiencing pleasures, and where the huge, upright surrounding mountain tops add to the beauty of her fast-flowing downward velocity, the sound alongwith such a flow and the capacity and enjoyment of the different (9/14) Rasas, as if swinging on the best possible swinging (cot) – the movements to and fro on the various precipitated rock crevices, the one who increases the passion of God Krushna (Mukund) , the daughter of the Sun god, the friend of the lotus (as it blossoms during the day) is saluted.
3) She who purifies and makes pious this whole world, flowing and incarnated on this earth, whose praises are sung by birds with various cries and are waited upon by the parrot, the peacock, the swan; whose waves are the delicate hands, and the auspicious pearls on such delicate hand-bracelets, seem like sand (to the people) ; whose high bank shores are the flanks on which these upper arms are rested hence, who is beautiful out of intense devotion for God Krushna, His fourth beloved. (in the form of the Guru’s command and therefore service pay reverend homage to)
4) Aho! Thou who are ornamented by the various virtues of God (by its variety and innumerability) , Aho! Thou whose praises are sung by God Shiva, Brahma etc (i.e. the appointed Gods of creation, maintenance and destructions) , Aho! Thou who seem always dark like the filled clouds! Aho! Thou who have fulfilled the desires of both your devotees Dhruvaji and Parasharji, Aho! Thou who make holy the sacred city of Mathura (by flowing on the river banks in it) , Aho! Thou who are ever surrounded by Gopa and Gopijanas (hopeful and desirous of becoming beloved like you) , Aho! Thou who are a sea of benevolence and compassion, staying forever in the sweet surrender to God Krushna, O! Shri Yamunaji, please grant me that which is my happiness, the constant experience of the joy of God Krushna and His form.
5) The river Ganga who after merging with Yamunaji, who herself having been originated from the feet of God Krushna, became benevolent and gave all the 8 powers and all that was sought by those seeking God Krushna and thus doing what is favoured by Him and thus, becoming similar to you who are like the wife of God Krushna Lakshmiji, who have (been) originated from the lotus (of God) , You who remove all the flaws, obstacles and faults of the devotees and lovers of God Krushna, reside constantly in my mind.
6) O Yamunaji! I bow to thee. Your conduct and life are excessively (awe creating) wonderful, because after once drinking (experiencing) your Grace i.e. having respectfully taken your waters (even out of trust) in the form of the (mother’s milk that infants feed and live upon) , never has one got to experience any horrors of hell. Even the King Yama (the just God of death) ; how can he destroy (or kill or torture) his own nephews inspite of their being evil/ heinous? By doing Your service and gaining your affection the individual soul becomes nearer and dearer to God, like the Gopijanas.
7) By becoming close to your divine form (Adhidaivika) let my body be new and rejuvenated (thus being capable of witnessing or participating in the Leela) . By doing this, the intense love for God Krushna does not remain rare. Hence, O beloved of God Krushna – who gives emancipation / Moksha, let this affection and grace of yours be your own praise-singing glory. The river Goddess Ganga is praised by those devotees of Maryada Bhakti yet (only after) merging with You is she praised by those devotees of Pushti Bhakti (never before that!)
8) O Yamunaji! The consort of God Krushna like Goddess Lakshmiji! O beloved of the God of Pushti-bhakti, Krushna, who can ever sing or be capable to express your divine glory? Because after serving God primarily and then serving Goddess Lakshmiji might result in all sorts of benefits till Moksha (i.e. not by serving Goddess Lakshimi alone) as it might lead to not being centred constantly, You O! God’s beloved, are thus greater, by that, which emerged from the entire body of all the groups of Gopijanas and God Krushna who have performed their various passionate Leela and the different Rasas in your waters, thus you have the divine sweat and water beads of God and His devotees. (This experience by Yamunaji’s grace is often given and granted to God Krushna’s devotees)
9) O! the divine (Adhidaivik) daughter of the sun, [I bow happily to such a benevolent divine goddess in sparkling fluidity, Shri Yamunaji],
any individual who happily sings these 8 verses of your glory, initially all his sins and flaws and weaknesses gets destroyed and then He gets devotion for the Moksha-granting God Krushna and hence he becomes capable of all (the 8 sorts of power) God Krushna is thus contented with all His Swaminijis and his devotees who have become guiltless and filled with devotion. Attitude along with desires is modified and instead of the recognition of a single soul, the vision modifies to ‘All is God’ or recognizes God everywhere, thus is said by Shri Vallabhacharyaji who is dear to God Krushna.
Thus completes the 8 verses and the 9th granting the result of Yamunaji by Shri Vallabhacharyaji.
Author's Notes: consciousness - existence - a is a
Author's Location: Baroda, India
More Poems: the doc has posted 147 additional poems- View them?
Contact Me Via Email...
Email Invites Note: Yes! I have opted to receive invites to Pagan events, groups, and commercial sales
Disclaimer: The Witches' Voice inc does not verify the accuracy of the details stated in this listing, nor do we vouch for the value of the goods or services presented here... As with all contacts and financial dealings in cyberspace, we encourage you to use caution and wisdom in your dealings with strangers.
Political Statements: Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren's Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches' Voice, Inc. TWV is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization.
State/Country flags created by 3dflags.com and are used with permission
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2015 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.