Page: Profile: Poetry
||Total Views: 13,382,882
VxPoem ID: 29745
Posted: August 12th. 2007 11:38:45 AM
Age Group: Adult
The dreaded moment has arrived
And yet somehow this time it does not seem so bad
I do not feel that absolute longing to move backwards
That all encompassing need to reverse time
No, it is not as it's been in the past
Perhaps it's a sign of maturity, growing up if you will
Nah! I don't think I'll ever do that
Hmm, but I have learned a thing or two in all this time
So maybe those lessons have served to ease the transition
A reference, through the darkest nights, to guide
1. When life throws lemons at you, make lemonade. As such, there is always plenty of lemonade available at my house
2. Nothing is ever impossible, so reach for the stars and if one by chance should shower down upon you, hold it close and remember the Goddess delivers unto us all that our soul needs most
3. Never redesign or dismiss your dreams at the demand of someone else. Instead pelt em with a few lemons and tell him/her this is your dream and they should go find their own.
4. Love exists above just as it does below in a much needed balance. In order to give it truly and unconditionally we must first be taught its meaning, even in the places least expected
5. Material value, status and power are littered with superficial gain and petty, worthless arguments. True hearts are priceless.
6. Be sure and listen to that little voice inside you. It's always right even when we choose not to admit it
7. Always stay true to your convictions even when no one else believes
8. The memory of those we love should never be used as a commodity or worse yet a marketing tool
Some other things I've learned, while unimportant to everyone else, mean the world to me
1. I will very rarely win an argument with my son
2. While I may never own a BMW645, my visualization skills are impeccable. Thus, I can always pretend
3. There are only so many times I can watch the movies, Practical Magic, Just Like Heaven and While You Were Sleeping. Yet I will continue to watch any Pirates of the Caribbean movie until Orlando Bloom's accent no longer has that ridiculous hold on me
4. The State of Florida is actually located on the surface of the sun which makes living here almost unbearable during the months of May through October
5. When I start having visions of my friends Mom it usually means I am getting sick and should stop doing whatever it is I'm doing and rest. Additionally, upon leaving she will always remind me of how imperfectly perfect her child is.
6. When a particular anal spirit guide around me tells me I'm done and better go eat something it means I'm done and better go eat something or risk never hearing the end of it. Which is why I will never lose weight
7. I can listen to hard-core Metallica and The Great Divide (country band) one after the other and not care what anyone thinks about it
Growing old gracefully, definitely not
I'll go kicking and screaming
But I am thankful for all that I have been given
Author's Notes: I usually get depressed on my birthday, trying to fight the inevitable, but I woke up today all smiles and figured you know, it's not so bad.
Author's Location: North Lauderdale, Florida
More Poems: SilverAngelFire has posted 358 additional poems- View them?
Author's Profile: To learn more about SilverAngelFire - Click HERE
Contact Me Via Email...
Email Invites Note: Yes! I have opted to receive invites to Pagan events, groups, and commercial sales
Disclaimer: The Witches' Voice inc does not verify the accuracy of the details stated in this listing, nor do we vouch for the value of the goods or services presented here... As with all contacts and financial dealings in cyberspace, we encourage you to use caution and wisdom in your dealings with strangers.
Political Statements: Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren's Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches' Voice, Inc. TWV is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization.
State/Country flags created by 3dflags.com and are used with permission
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2016 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren’s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches’ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.