Page: Profile: Poetry
||Total Views: 14,739,053
VxPoem ID: 30885
Posted: November 1st. 2007 7:59:15 PM
Age Group: Adult
Have you ever told someone that you thought they were strong and they took it completely out of text? Funny how this world is that words can become so misconstrued and distorted into all the horrible things you didn't mean to say instead of all the good things you were trying to say. I think there is even a moment or two when the word strength as it is used in defining an individual has been likened to "you have a good personality". This is grossly untrue because to me strength, surrounded in a perfect balance of confidence, laughter, sincerity, love, tolerance, truth and honesty, mixed with a bit of understanding, supersedes all else. I once told someone that I saw in them great strength. I think they were highly offended. So I write this to say that this is what strength truly is to me as I had seen and continue to see.
1. Having the ability to dream and in turn having the courage to make those dreams come true
2. Standing up for what you believe in no matter who tells you that you're wrong
3. Taking responsibility for your own actions and having the courage to try and change them
4. Winning a never-ending battle each day, even on days that are not so good
5. Admitting you've done something horribly wrong in your life and having the courage to speak openly, honestly and sincerely (most important) about it
6. Looking at your self in a mirror and knowing that all the stars in the sky couldn't outshine who you really are
7. Realizing you deserve better than what you're given sometimes
8. Allowing that gracious heart of yours to overpower that tough exterior when the need should so arise
9. Keeping your senses enough to step back instead of going full speed ahead
10. Understanding that the light that shines within your eyes makes me believe you are a King among Kings, who speaks his truths and seduces me in dreams
Author's Notes: Sorry, just some thoughts I needed to put down
Author's Location: North Lauderdale, Florida
More Poems: SilverAngelFire has posted 480 additional poems- View them?
Author's Profile: To learn more about SilverAngelFire - Click HERE
Contact Me Via Email...
Email Invites Note: Yes! I have opted to receive invites to Pagan events, groups, and commercial sales
Disclaimer: The Witches' Voice inc does not verify the accuracy of the details stated in this listing, nor do we vouch for the value of the goods or services presented here... As with all contacts and financial dealings in cyberspace, we encourage you to use caution and wisdom in your dealings with strangers.
Political Statements: Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren's Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches' Voice, Inc. TWV is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization.
State/Country flags created by 3dflags.com and are used with permission
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2018 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren’s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches’ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.