Page: Profile: Poetry
||Total Views: 13,520,773
VxPoem ID: 15460
Posted: August 22nd. 2005 3:20:35 PM
Your Witches Broom; Proper Besom/Broom Care
by Lady Abigail
Age Group: Adult
Your Witches Broom; Proper Besom/Broom Care
1. Once you have carefully found a besoms/brooms to fit your personality, it should be cleansed. New besoms/brooms should not be used until they have been properly cleansed. (If you made your besoms/brooms the time of cleansing may be less.)
2. To cleans;
Find a place to put the besoms/brooms where the moon rays will fall on it and it can remain undisturbed.
On the night of a dark (new) moon, anoint your besoms/brooms with blessed water, smoke and sage oil.
Then leave the besoms/brooms bristles down in the pre-select place until the third day of the full moon.
3. On the third day of the full moon, Charge your besoms/brooms with your personal energy. Now you are ready to use your besoms/brooms in ritual and spellwork.
4. ‘Never’ store your besoms/brooms on the bristles.
* Always hang it up or place your besoms/brooms where the bristles face skyward. To leave the bristles downward will allow the energy to drain out. It will also cause your besoms/brooms to become misshapen.
5. When using your besoms/brooms in sweeping to cleans your circle; Sweep from center outward as you walk the circle. Walk in a spiral until you have walked from the center of the circle to the boundary.
6. Alternate the sides of your besoms/brooms when sweeping, this is too keep the energy balanced.
7. If something gets on your besoms/brooms it may be washed with a mixture of soap, sea salt and water. * But keep the water off the stitching that holds the bristles and the area the bristles join the staff.
8. Do not store your besoms/brooms in area’s that are exposed to extreme elements.
To much cold will cause the bristles to break.
To much heat will dry your besoms/brooms out.
To much moisture will cause the besoms/brooms to become weak, mildew and bend.
Do not leave your besoms/brooms too close to any open fire, fireplace, or wood burning stove.
9. Never allow others to touch, play with or disrespect your besoms/brooms. It is just like your other magickal tools and should be handled with reverence.
When the broom fits … you can fly among the stars.
by; Lady Abigail
High Priestess of Ravensgrove Coven
In the Greenfield Indiana area
Author's Notes: Greetings,
I have received some questions recently on how to care, cleans and ready new Besoms and Brooms.
I hope the information is enjoyed by all.
Copyright Lady Abigail © 08222002
Author's Location: Greenfield, Indiana
More Poems: Lady Abigail has posted 37 additional poems- View them?
Author's Profile: To learn more about Lady Abigail - Click HERE
Contact Me Via Email...
Email Invites Note: Yes! I have opted to receive invites to Pagan events, groups, and commercial sales
Disclaimer: The Witches' Voice inc does not verify the accuracy of the details stated in this listing, nor do we vouch for the value of the goods or services presented here... As with all contacts and financial dealings in cyberspace, we encourage you to use caution and wisdom in your dealings with strangers.
Political Statements: Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren's Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches' Voice, Inc. TWV is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization.
State/Country flags created by 3dflags.com and are used with permission
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2017 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.