Page: Profile: Local Service
||Total Views: 6,489,366
Vox ID: 406988
Skill Id: 17740
Offered by: Babalorixá Ikondole Omo-Ogunte
Located in: Bay. St. Louis, Mississippi
Skill/Service Details: Our mission is to help our communities with spiritual services through cleansing, divination, setting of vigil lights and ebó. To educate those who seek information about the Candomblé and dispel misconceptions about our faith. To cultivate good character and restore spiritual balance with guidance from the Orixas, Spirits and Egun (ancestors) .
SPIRITUAL SERVICES AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC:
* Setting of Lights / Vigil Candle Service - We firmly believe in the power of prayer and the offering of candles to the Orixas, Egun (Ancestors) and Spirits as ebó (offerings) to make great change happen in people’s lives. We dress candles with appropriate oils and herbs, and bless each one with a traditional prayer and then set them to burn at our Orixa shrines.
* Jogo de búzios (Cowrie Shell) Readings - The jogo de búzio is the preferred official oracle of the Maumba. The jogo de búzios are consecrated to act as mouthpieces for the orixas. We utilize the jogo de búzio of the Orixa Exú who has the authority to speak on the behalf of all the other Orixas. In your jogo de búzio consultation, Exú will reveal the energy pattern around you and help you orient yourself with your destiny. If you are found to be in an unbalanced state (osogbo) we will mark ebó (sacrifice/offerings) to help bring you back into a balanced and blessed state (iré) .
* Kobori Eleda (Rogación de Cabeza) - This powerful and effective ritual aligns your Orí (higher self and personal orixa) with your conscious mind, brings alignment to your spiritual body and restores a calm demeanor. It is a great way to strengthen your Orí and cool your head to regain clarity of thought and spiritual purpose. Rogacion de Cabeza can be performed at any time, but is best if marked through jogo de búzios divination.
* Spiritual Cleansing: Spiritual cleansing can take the form of spiritual baths or sarayeye (cleansing with bundles of herbs or by passing an animal over the client) and are best if marked as a necessary ebó in a jogo de búzio reading. Spiritual cleansing can be performed either at a distance or in person.
SPIRITUAL SERVICES AVAILABLE IN PRIVATE: Terra Bosque Sagrado offers spiritual services in private by appointment or for select members of our ilé (spiritual lineage) . These are typically reserved for those who seek initiation or building a personal relationship with our ilé. These services are either marked through divination or are offered to individuals with an established relationship with our ilé.
* Spiritual Masses - Spiritual Masses are performed for our godfamily and for those who seek union with their spirit guides, ancestors or to investigate issues in their spiritual life. Spiritual masses are conducted in the style of Kardecian Espiritismo.
* Elekes (Collares, Necklaces) : The ritual of the elekes is the first ceremony that most people seeking participation in Macumba experience. The elekes are the sacred banners of the Orixas and confer the new initiate the protection of the Orixas. Once a person receives their elekes they are considered a member of their godparent’s ilé (spiritual lineage) . They are not yet a priest but they are taking the first steps to building a deeper relationship with the Orixas. Elekes are a religious ceremony that is marked through jogo de búzios divination as a required ebó (ritual) .
* 1st. INITIATION: LOS GUERREROS (WARRIORS) . The reception of the Warriors is the first initiation that many faithful go through in their journey in Macumba. The Warriors are a set of Orixas – the first Orixa a person receives: Exu (Orixa who opens roads and witnesses fate) , Ogum (warrior Orixa of iron, work and tools) , Oxóssi (Orixa of hunting and divine justice) and Oxun (Orixa that looks out and warns of danger) . As part of the initiation, these Orixa shrines are consecrated and given to the initiate. At this point the initiate becomes an "Povo do Orixas" (follower of the Orixas) . While he or she is not yet a priest they have received the mysteries of these four Orixas and they now live in the home of the Aborixa. With this initiation comes the responsibility to tend to your Orixas and to honor your godparents on the anniversary of their initiation (Orixa birthday) . The reception of the Warriors is marked through jogo de búzio divination.
2nd. INITIATION: (CRIANÇA DOS ORIXAS / CHILD OF THE ORIXAS) : One of the more select services we offer at Terra Bosque Sagrado is Criança dos Orixas. Initiation is a rite of passage that helps change a person’s destiny for the better. Initiation is not something automatically granted to all people. Initiation in Macumba must be designated through divination as something that is part of that person’s destiny otherwise it can cause problems for that person, ultimately disrupting their life and their fate. Think of initiation into Macumba as a prescription that should only be undertaken by those who have a need for it to heal their lives. Initiation is an incremental process, and each initiation builds on the ones before it. Each initiation or ceremony that a person undertakes is one step toward a deeper relationship with the orishas and egun, as well as a deeper commitment to the Macumba, one’s godparents and the greater Macumba community.
3rd. INITIATION: KARIOCHA COROANDO (CROWNING OF YOUR RULING ORIXAS / PRIESTHOOD) : Arguably the most powerful initiation in Macumba is the Kariocha Coroando (sometimes called “Making the Saint”) . Kariocha means "to seat the orixa", and in this ceremony a person’s tutelary (personl and guiding orixa is seated on their head; they are literally crowned with that Orixa and enter the Orixa priesthood as either Iyalorixá Mãe-de-santo (female) or Babalorixá Pai-de-santo (male) . The Coronado of Kariocha is marked through divination as a requirement for a person’s destiny, and is not something done "because you want to" or "because you love the Orixa". Simply put it is not for everyone to be crowned with the orixa. The Kariocha is a huge ceremony that takes place over seven days and requires the involvement of many priests and priestesses. Prior to the kariocha a person’s ruling tutelary orixa must be determined either through a bajada (a reading done by an olorisha using either Eshu's jogo de búzio or the jogo de búzio of the Criança dos Orixas godparent’s crowning orixa. There is no other appropriate way to divine a person’s ruling tutelary orixa and it should not be done until the person is already making preparations to be initiated, since their orixa can change up to the last moment. In the Kariocha, the initiate spiritually dies and is reborn to a new life and a new destiny. He is given his ruling tutelary orixa along with the orishas: Êxu (full with his jogo de búzio) , Oxalá, Oxun, Iemonja and Xangó. There are some minor variations but every Iyalorixá and Babalorixá will receive these five orixas for sure, complete with their jogos de búzios. The initiate will receive a life reading called an "itá" that contains all of the messages of the Orixas guiding them to make the most of this new destiny.
Rates: The cost of each service is different, depending on the time and resources needed.
To view ALL of Our listings: Click HERE
Contact Us Via Email...
Email Invites Note: Yes! I have opted to receive invites to Pagan events, groups, and commercial sales
Disclaimer: The Witches' Voice inc does not verify the accuracy of the details stated in this listing, nor do we vouch for the value of the goods or services presented here... As with all contacts and financial dealings in cyberspace, we encourage you to use caution and wisdom in your dealings with strangers.
Political Statements: Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wren's Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witches' Voice, Inc. TWV is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization.
State/Country flags created by 3dflags.com and are used with permission
Web Site Content (including: text - graphics - html - look & feel)
Copyright 1997-2017 The Witches' Voice Inc. All rights reserved
Note: Authors & Artists retain the copyright for their work(s) on this website.
Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.
Website structure, evolution and php coding by Fritz Jung on a Macintosh G5.
Any and all personal political opinions expressed in the public listing sections (including, but not restricted to, personals, events, groups, shops, Wrenâ€™s Nest, etc.) are solely those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of The Witchesâ€™ Voice, Inc. TWV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization.
Sponsorship: Visit the Witches' Voice Sponsor Page for info on how you
can help support this Community Resource. Donations ARE Tax Deductible.
The Witches' Voice carries a 501(c)(3) certificate and a Federal Tax ID.
Mail Us: The Witches' Voice Inc., P.O. Box 341018, Tampa, Florida 33694-1018 U.S.A.